A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt Round 7 Gallery  (Read 6977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clumsy_momma
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013 03:32:56 AM »

awww! Alwaysinmyroom, that stinks! I know you were excited about this swap. I would love to see what you made and how you interpreted the categories!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013 05:46:51 AM »

No worries...I know that life can get complicated quite quickly so I am just hoping that my partner is alright...

lol--I already have places to send the goodies I made so someone else will enjoy them!  I'll be sure to post some pics before sending them out! Grin

Really loved the yarns you picked gingerpeachy...you have great taste in yarns! Grin  BUT....I mostly love how you seem to have a knack for matching your yarns to the prefect projects...I am still learning how to do that.  In my day, we only had acrylic yarns so the choices now are sometimes overwhelming, but I am loving it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013 09:25:08 AM »

I'm so glad that you liked everything, Whistley!  I was nervous about sending three skeins of yarn, BUT it is a yarn-related swap and I really really love the fibers I sent!  Noro is one of my favorites, and Cascade 220 is a classic!  Ella Rae (the green stuff) makes some pretty fab yarn too.  I really enjoyed all of the stuff you've sent me!  I'm using the stitch markers right now, and the Manos del Uruguay has already been used for a project.  Thanks again!!!

I loved everything! And you can never have too much yarn, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
jtlhmmwabodf
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013 11:23:18 PM »

My outstanding package from zombiecazz came the other day!  This might get a little pic heavy...

1) Something local: A Scottish flag (I collect flags!  I wasn't expecting a big one like this, they're the best!  I want to cover my walls someday.)

And candy! (much of which never made the picture Smiley)

That there in the bottom corner is 2) something hard, A crocheted drawstring bag made to look like an eyeball:

Which, by the way, is also full of candy (hard candy, hence something hard.  Very yummy.)

3) Something Recycled: a hat, which is sewn up from a former sweater.  This is very me, and fits perfect. 

4) Something funny: I love this!  (yarn)ball sack bag!  Full of yarn already, of course:

5) something M: mug cozies!  The argyle one is from my pinterest, and then she also made me an eyeball one!  So creative!  Also pictured is a scottish keychain.

6) Something green: knit slippers.  Suuuuuuper warm and soft.  I don't suppose you could point me toward a patten for these, could you zombiecazz?  I've gotten requests from people for their own already.

7) something dotted: MUG!  mugmugmug!  She MADE this, people.  This is so beautiful!

The other side.  i don't even know what to say.  I love the art on it, and the colour and design.  It's completely perfect.

And finally, 8 ) senders choice: Yarn!  Really, really soft yarn.  No idea what to make with it yet!  I'm looking for a pattern though Smiley

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I hope you like what I made as much as I love everything you made! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013 05:15:36 AM »

What a fantastic package jtlhmmwabodf! I LOVE that mug as well! The slippers are cute too. I'd like to know what pattern zombiecazz used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombiecazz

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013 08:54:42 AM »

Really happy you liked the package.

The desert boots/slippers are on Ravelry here or on the web here
If you go to the first link you'll see I just finished my second pair. They're really quick and easy but fit well and look really good. Planning another pair would make fab christmas stocking fillers.

The mug I made a few month ago and I loved it too. It's not big enough to be a tea mug, I like a bucket at a time, but would make an ideal coffee mug. So I have been looking for a good home for it.

All excited about my package arriving now.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013 02:46:07 PM »

zombiecazz, you put together an amazing pkg!!!
woohooo!!!
(I see why you were anxious to make sure it was all in one piece --
that mug is a work of art  Smiley

and I'm going to check out the slipper pattern right now!

This gallery is shaping up to be one of the BEST EVAH   Cool

Nice work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

currently crafting for ....
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013 06:03:58 AM »

The mug is fantastic and is in a color I collect in pottery (ahem, in case anyone is taking notes on a future partner! Wink )....

The slippers are fabulous--thanks for the link and the review...an all around fabulous package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013 09:15:30 AM »

Was it the storms - the blustering 90 mile an hour winds that we were promised (don't worry all, as per normal our weather forecasts are generally fairly off the mark !) whatever it was, something wondrous blustered its way into my home this morning.

I hope you will not mind my two little models demonstrating the wonderment that I received from ClumsyMomma, but they love a good rummage as you will see Smiley

Firstly, our excitement as a collection of crisp paper wrapped goodness fell upon our table.

Something funny - a little shared therapy humour

Something green - Im currently wearing these uuuuber soft gloves as it is bloooomin freezing !

Something HArd - ohhhh I love this sooo much. It will most definitely be one of the pieces I shall pop into my barn when its finished. Its a yarn encrusted Goddess picture

Something Dotted (or holey) a lovely soft cowl, Ive been wanting one for ages and this is just divine. My son thinks it will be his (it will soooo not )

Something Local, this calendar gives me a lovely insight into the wonders that surround clumsymomma, we all want to come and visit you !!! The boys have whipped this calendar straight off me and will have it in their home room !  I was looking at it and imagining you and I walking together talking therapy and clients !

Something M - Mixed media. There are times when swaps reach right into my heart and just fill me with warmth. My favourite bit about craftster is the knowledge that someone is thinking about me, its an amazing gift which we often shy away from asking for in every day life. Lovely love clumsymomma took one of my poems and turned it into an arty pillow which soooo will be going in my studio.

Something recycled - A little plastic bag clutch. I know just the job for this Wink Im going to use it as an incredibly posh lunch bag Smiley

ANd finally - senders choice, some lovely lovely sock Yarn which Ebbon thinks I will make some socks for him with. Hmmmm I think not

Thankyou lovely partner it has been a delight to meet you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013 10:20:30 AM »

I just love that your boys are so interested in your swaps!  They are darling and quite engaging!

The mitts and cowl are simply gorgeous and so well made...the yarns used are beautiful and art pieces in themselves...*swooning*

How lovely to get such personalized items that mean so much...well thought out and well executed...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stunning Time-Lapse Video of the Milky Way
Ends of the Earth Photography: A Photographer Follows Her Passion
This Is What Happens When You Attach Your Camera To A Kite
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Rineke Dijkstra: When Art Reflects Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...