A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One mans trash....  (Read 333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Watsonc7
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 17, 2013 08:05:05 AM »

I'm not sure what to call this but I would love to start a swap where participants have a pinterest (or photobucket or whatever) folder of individual supplies/items they want to get rid of (stuff they have on-hand or can make) and another folder of items/supplies they would like to get or have made for them.  Then all participants can go through each other's folders and basically barter for supplies or things they want made.  It's a way to get rid of supplies or crafts that you no longer want/need and get something you do want in return.  It's also a good way to trade items you got in swaps but maybe someone else would appreciate it more.  I'm not sure if that would be touchy or not, but I personally would rather things I made go to someone who really wants them, I wouldn't be offended at all if someone wasn't totally in love with something I made....I'm not even in love with EVERYTHING I have made to this point Wink.  

For example
I have a yard of fabric (everything labelled with description, yardage, etc) in my "trade" folder and a book cover in my "wish" folder....someone messages me that they will make me the book cover for the fabric.  I can accept if I think it's a fair trade or counteroffer, and once we come to an agreement the items are removed from my folders and the person posts something like "I'm trading (this) for (this) with watsonc7" on the main board.  There could be a two week send off deadline like in the ongoing swaps (and probably the same amount of claim limits?).  

I'm still kind of a swap newbie so I'm not sure how to run these things exactly so if someone would want to run it the first round with me as a co-organizer so I can learn that would be awesome....

What do y'all think?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013 08:08:02 AM by Watsonc7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013 06:23:54 AM »

You did so awesome in the poppet swap. I like the idea, have you looked at the ongoing wish swaps and there is a pinterest swap. I am right now in the givers and needers swap and that would have been a good swap for you too.

I'll keep an eye on this. Bartering is so fun. LOL, so maybe I will just set up some pinterest boards. Trade and Need? Thanks for that idea. Would make stalking me easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
guacaMolly
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013 08:26:00 PM »

This is a lot like the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap! It's a chain style swap, like the ongoing wish. I would dearly love to see it come back! Or any kind of barter swap, I love the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Ham and Bananas Hollandaise
How to Make Honey Brisket Sloppy Joes with Herb Kentucky Lime Salad
How to Make Rhubarbecue Ribs
How to Make a Tuna Salad Sandwich
How to Make Creamy Chicken Skillet with Loaded Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...