A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 315,403
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: We want to see!!!! Completed Projects Links!  (Read 177455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Junk4Joy
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2015 04:03:36 PM »

So, I tried making alcohol ink with methylated spirits and it didn't really work. The metho sucked the ink out of the markers ok, but it just doesn't stain the way a Sharpie does (my only experience with alcohol ink).

I didn't have any rubber gloves to wear when squeezing out the ink cartridges so I slipped my hands inside a couple of zip lock bags, and they just rinsed clean with water. I then tried some on an aluminium can and I could wipe it straight off with paper towel even after it appeared to be dry. It has, however, stained my hands wonderfully, in spite of the zip lock bag effort.

I'm sure the tutorials I've seen don't require the markers to be of the permanent variety, so it must be the methylated spirits I guess. I might have to try with some vodka, at least that way if it doesn't work I can still drink the rest of the bottle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cherie

There is no such thing as rubbish

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2015 01:45:48 PM »

My son brought me a box full of thin sponge packaging. I have cut it into loads of Christmas shapes and here are a few cards that I made.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Junk4Joy
« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2015 08:02:27 PM »

Love your cards, Cherie! Very cool.

I've been making tree ornaments from my rubbish. Here's a link to where I posted about it in the Winter Holidays board (though it's not Winter in my part of the world). http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442143.0

I've made others that I'll hopefully get around to photographing and uploading eventually.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2015 08:19:34 AM »

Cherie, those are so wonderful! Awesome use of non-decomposable stuffs. cheery and beautiful. I hope when you send them out, you will tell the folks what they 'really' are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carpe too much diem!
Cherie

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 19, 2015 11:20:50 PM »

Thank you both.  My friends now all try to guess what I have upcycled when making things. This summer I was addicted to making boats from upcycled breakfast cereal boxes covered in papier mache. I made them in loads of different sizes.  I will leave you with a few photo of other things that I have made.  I am pleased as punch to tell you that I won 1st prize in the recycling section at our local Country Show this summer with my backpack made from pop tabs.  The little flower brooch I  made using flowers that I made from stale bread and pva glue. I treated it like a cabochon and beaded around it.  I made loads and gave them away to friends. The paper fuchsia flowers are uncycled envelopes. 

Have a wonderful Christmas. xxx

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015 11:29:41 PM by Cherie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2016 11:48:03 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442487.0

Link to a 1940s radio, resurrected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carpe too much diem!
Cherie

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2016 04:11:44 AM »

I have been doing a lot of knitting and crochet these past few months. I snip the stray ends off and drop them into a little plastic bin as I work.  Last weekend I delivered a needle felting workshop  and when I got home I had a brainwave......  I wondered if the snips and scraps of yarn ends could be felted...... so I tried it.....  Yay, it works.   I put a very fine layer of roving down first,  topped it with a thickish layer of snips of fluffy acrylic yarn,  topped this with another fine layer of roving and needle felted it.  Then I needle felted some fluffy acyclic yarn to make a teddy bear .

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 2
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 1
Style in Woody Allen Films
5 Celebrity Looks for Less
Naughty Makeovers for Nice Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...