A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 24 - Fall Fandango Signups Closed SO Dec 9 2013  (Read 13101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 07, 2013 11:23:05 AM »

Swap name: IYP (invite your partner) 24: Fall Fandango

Gallery

It's that time again!!  This is a swap where you invite your own partner (IYP = Invite Your Partner)
If you have never joined an IYP swap before, scroll down for the details! If you have, then it's time to find a dance partner!!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap:luckdragon
co-organizer: TBD
Sign-up date range: Oct 7 - 29, 2013
Date to send item by: December 9, 2013

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: yes
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

SWAP DETAILS:
This description has been taken from IYP23, which was taken from IYP22, which was taken....you get the picture.  

Here's how it works:

In this swap, you can contact anyone and ask them to be your partner. It's almost like a personal swap, but with a group, and a killer gallery! You will have to sign up with your partner. That is, you must contact your potential partner via pm and you both must mutually agree to be partnered together. Once you have a partner, each of you must pm me with your information, and after doing all the necessary double checking, I will post you both together as participants and add this swap to your "In progress" feedback.

Swappers may have two partners this round! However, if you have any instances of 'poor swapping' documented in your feedback (such as 'no communication' 'did not craft in the spirit of the swap') or numerous instances of sending very late, I ask that you only craft for one partner. You may not have more than two partners.  ** New swappers may only have 1 partner**

As partners, you will choose if you want to have a theme, if you want to post stalk each other and be surprised, or if you want to request from each other things you have admired in the past. You should also agree on quantity. I would suggest one "large" (time consuming and/or valuable) item, and a couple of "small" (quicker to craft) items that you know your partner will like. Unless you choose otherwise. Feel free to start crafting for your partner as soon as you are both officially signed up!

If you want to participate, but you are a bit shy of just asking someone, you can PM me and you'll be put on a list of "Potential Partners" in the next post, so people can choose from craftsters that are interested.

RULES:
Please check into the thread once per week.
swappers will receive temporary negative feedback if:
- it is one week past send-outs and you are out of communication for 2 weeks
- it is two weeks past send-outs and you have not yet sent, regardless of the communication with us and your partner.

Even if you decide with your partner that you are sending late and she/he says its alright, you MUST send by two weeks past the send out date or this will be reflected in negative feedback. Once you do send and your partner has received, your feedback will be changed back to postivie.  However, this late sending will be reflected in your comments even if you communicated.  

THIS IS A VERY IN DEPTH SWAP AND WE ARE TRADING WITH PEOPLE WE LIKE. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY AND BE READY TO SEND ON TIME!

The secret password is: geronimo!

ONE NOTE: It is a little scary to ask someone to be your partner. Some people may have someone else already in mind, or they may not have the time or funds to participate right now, or they may just not be interested. We need to remember to be nice if we feel we need to refuse someone, and to not take it personally if someone else turns us down.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Contact your partner (make sure they're in good standing, swapwise), and agree to join together
2. Both partners must PM luckdragon and each other with mailing information.  
3. Post in this thread so I can keep up with you!
4. Make sure you can mail on time, and provide organizer with a DC number for U.S. packages.  If you are shipping internationally, make sure to save your post office receipt.
5. PM your partner and organizer when you receive as well! Your partner CANNOT get feedback unless we know that the package was received. Thank your partner both in a PM and publicly in the gallery. If you are unable to post pictures, please let your partner know before they send to you so that they can make sure to take pictures to post.  We all want to see what you got!
6. Lack of PMs to organizer and your partner will be noted in feedback!!!
7. Have fun!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (luckdragon)

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: IYP 24 Fall Fandango!
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
I have read all the rules, including ones for late sendouts(YES/NO):
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO):
What is the secret password?
My partner is:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER (luckdragon) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Mark any PM's for this swap with IYP24 in the title, although you can specify reasons after that such as "IYP24 Sign-up" to keep communications less confusing.

Happy Crafting!

Some Previous Galleries:
IYP 23 GALLERY
IYP 22 GALLERY
IYP 21 GALLERY
IYP 20 GALLERY
IYP 19 Gallery
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013 12:13:01 PM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013 11:23:56 AM »

Looking for a dance partner:

Dancing away:
dfabbric <-> yoopidou
smeddley <-> ludi
smeddley <-> LeapFeetFirst
kittykill <-> nix kisses
wendiek <-> jemimah
QueenNinjaMonkey <-> deadbathducky
stillatthetop <-> deadbathducky
katilady <-> alteredmommy
texscrapper <-> jo_mama
Calabaza <-> StickerChic87
gozer <-> kwality570
fancybutch <-> kwality570
beeker <-> koalascout

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013 04:36:39 AM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013 01:04:26 PM »

Yay!!! IYP is my favorite swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013 03:27:09 PM »

I have done one IYP before but am always too nervous to ask someone to join up with me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013 03:45:40 PM »

Looks like fun!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013 03:54:16 PM »

Hmmmm I do keep saying I want to try doing an IYP.... *gos to look at funds and possible swappers to invite*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

July ATC Swap: ongoing!

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
Smeddley

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013 07:06:35 PM »

I have done one IYP before but am always too nervous to ask someone to join up with me

I know exactly how you feel!  I've done two, one with a person I've known for awhile outside of Craftster (because I had something very specific I wanted her to do for me!) and the other time someone contacted me about something I made and posted wishing they had one, so I suggested IYP.  But to just ask out of the blue?!  Eeeep!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013 07:49:16 PM »

I might join, if there are dancers w/unfilled cards posted.  I prefer to dance that way.  I'm not afraid to ask anybody.  I just don't want to get rejected.  And, I'll wait and see who all responds to this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013 05:30:26 AM »

I'm not afraid to ask anybody.  I just don't want to get rejected.  

This is how I feel too - it reminds me of high school and wanting to ask your crush to the big dance   Roll Eyes This time it's a craftster crush - LOL!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013 05:30:59 AM by texscrapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
luckdragon

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013 05:49:52 AM »

Craftsters are VERY nice!  Really, the only time people get rejected is if someone is just too busy at the moment to dedicate the time. 

However, please feel free to PM me to be added to the list of people with open dance cards!

I'm not swapping this round (I have too many personal projects I have been putting off), but I can't wait to see who gets partnered up and what you all come up with!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Decorated Halloween Cake Pops
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Squares
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
How to Make Berries in a Buttermilk Honey Sauce
Making Homemade Pumpkin Pie with Betty White
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...