A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Crafty hipsters" in Southern Maine?  (Read 8666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stoliedina
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008 07:36:02 PM »

hey lovely dreamer! my hubby works in Portland. I looooooove Portland. It's about an hour north from where we live, but we're there often!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
lovely_dreamer_girl
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008 08:22:45 PM »

I love it too! So much to do! (Much more than I ever realized when I was younger!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kleinsch
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008 07:20:20 AM »

We just moved to North Berwick in Novemember '07, from (horribly foggy, ridiculously expensive) San Francisco.  I love, love, love our new home.  But I have met very few people, as I'm not working much yet, and my husband works at home.  My best friends are the gang at the Transfer Station, whom I see every week. Grin  So, I would really enjoy meeting other craftsters in Southern Maine.  Let's be in touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more children are valued, the better their values will be.
stoliedina
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008 11:29:40 AM »

kleinsch - there's a gallery opening at Ello in Portsmouth on State St. on Friday night. They have art shows, but also sell crafty diy-er type goods and zines. Thought you might be interested, because that's kinda close! If you go, and you see me there say hello! I look like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekxnerd/sets/72157601845540976/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
kleinsch
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008 07:02:13 AM »

Darn, I would love to go out Friday night, but I have a huge standardized test I have to take on Saturday morning at UNH.  (My California teaching certification does not transfer to Maine, so I have to take about $400 of Praxis tests...bleh!!  Especially considering I took the same tests in California. What a rip off.)
But, usually Friday nights are free around here, so I'll make plans for next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008 06:34:47 PM »

I am from central Maine (near Augusta) . . . although I don't get out much except for work and stuff for the kiddos.

I can empathize with the expensive tests.  It is almost like the state of Maine asks me to take a new one each year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kleinsch
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008 10:34:06 AM »

Whew, that test is now done!   Smiley Three more to go...next one is in April.  I am spending the rest of today crocheting and scrapbooking.  (I actually detest scrapbooking, but I have to make one for a special 13 year-old.  I made one for her sister when she turned 13, so I can't very well get out of this one.) 

Do any crafters in Southern Maine have much experience with ripple crochet stitches?  I found a pattern that looks lovely, but I can't seem to get it to increase/decrease as required by the pattern.  Huh I'm stuck, and feeling stranded out here in the boonies. 

PS: Will some long-time or native Mainers tell me when we will start to see buds on the trees?  This is my first Maine winter...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lacydcee
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014 06:29:52 PM »

Not a hipster and only a wee bit crafty but i do live in Southern Maine. I live in Auburn. Moved here from Atlanta a couple years ago. Started making stuff to ease the boredom that accompanied that change in lifestyle. Would love to meet other creative types that understand my love hate relationship with glitter and my need to hoarde pretty fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Won-Ton Noodle Soup
How to Cook Asian Pork Noodle Skillet
Simplify Stir Fry
How to Make Fried Rice
How to Cook Wild Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...