A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 1977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 03, 2013 11:56:20 AM »

Swap name: October 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 October 2013 to 31 October 2013
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a swap mod if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the September swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in any previous round, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending. Also, these swaps are totally independent of each other so if you have maxed out your unreceived but not late claims in last month's swap, you can still make that number this month. Also, the swap organizer reserves the right to refuse participation to those C-sters that she does not feel can meet the requirements or that do not jive well with the group.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell her who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins. Annchen posted a great reply about this in the December swap that I highly encourage reading if you are not being claimed.

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out! Rscowtown has graciously offered up a prize for the September 2013 Swap! Thanks Laurel!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: October 2013 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 11:59:45 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013 11:57:23 AM »

Discussion and Gallery thread
Please no talking in this thread!

Swappers : Name links to Bio
Bold = claiming more than claimed = give love!
(w) Swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
(1) Jexxican 3/1/2
(1) LadybugsAndBumblesb ees 1/0/1
(2) Grab a Coffee 1/0/1
(2) redstar13 1/0/1
(2) Annchen 1/0/1
(1) nisforneville 1/0/1

(2) rscowtown 3/1/2
(2) Penelopewaits 2/0/2
(1) zadok 1/0/1

Claims
Sent
Received
Late with communication
Contact Jexxican immediately!

Due Oct 18
10/17 redstar13 --> ladybugsandbumblebe es for a bow tie bracelet and if that is a failure, a sugar skull tank10/22-->10/24

Due Oct 19
nisforneville --> Grab a coffee for a crocheted cowboy hat10/7-->10/22

Due Oct 20
Grab a coffee --> Annchen for some felt Christmas ornaments10/7-->10/11
*10/19Annchen --> rscowtown for something fall themed inspired by her OPS-wishlist pins10/21-->10/25

Due Oct 21
rscowtown --> Annchen to crochet her niece a shrek hat10/21-->10/31

Due Oct 24
penelopewaits --> grab a coffee for a washi notebook, and an embroidered pincushion.10/26-->11/9

Due Oct 25
10/28penelopewaits --> redstar for a babushka cross stitch.R 11/10

Due Oct 26
10/25rscowtown --> restar13 for a reversible cowl10/28-->10/31

Due Oct 28
jexxican --> nisforneville for a fabric bowl and some yarn10/21-->10/26

Due Nov 2
LadybugsandBumblees --> jexxican for a "crocheted bows" garland and silicon Lego mold10/31-->11/2

Due Nov 4
zadok --> rscowtown for something inspired by her OPS-wishlists11/4-->11/9

Due Nov 9
jexxican --> penelopewaits for some stitchery11/7-->

Due Nov 10
11/9, 11/11rscowtown --> Penelopewaits for some rubber stamps11/16-->

Due Nov 15
jexxican --> zadok for some D20 stamps11/7-->11/10
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013 01:02:14 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

Grab a coffee

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013 01:25:49 PM »

Hello All,

My name is Eszter, I am from Budapest, Hungary.  I'm married, and have a wonderful son, who is 2.5 years old. I am working from home, and trying to run some handmade jewelry business, so start pinning some to your boards Smiley
I have started to collect my Christmas gifts, so there are always new pins on my board, and I have pinned some craft supplies too. Please use my general 'Wishlist' on my boards:
http://pinterest.com/lehdera/

(Still, there are a lot of thing there which are bigger projects (e.g. some bigger patchwork quilts) - use them as 'things I want to make' - you can contribute with some smaller parts for those. You know, sometimes we just need some help to make big things!) - Anyway, my boards are still growing!

I don't have allergies, and my favorite colors are brown, black, white and gold.

Thanks for reading, I am looking forward to craft for you guys - again!

Love,
Eszter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013 03:41:57 PM »

Cheesy Hi!  My name is Barbara (aka-LadybugsAndBumblebees), and I LOVE these Pinterest swaps!  I am married to a wonderful man who supports my crafting; and am blessed to be mom to three terrific kids-DS age 19, DD age 11, and DD age 9.  I work as a preschool teacher for 'at risk' students.  We live in New York.

I am doing this swap mainly in hopes of receiving items to give as gifts to family, friends, and co-workers, as well as items to use in my classroom; but am open to receiving anything that anyone would like to claim me for!

My Pinterest link is:  http://pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

I would LOVE to receive anything from my:  'What I Would Love To Receive For My Craftster Swaps' board, 'Please Make Me A Gift For...' board, and 'Ideas For My Classroom' board. (Please feel free to make items that I can use with the students in the classroom...I have the ideas/items pinned, but probably won't ever get around to making them myself!    Roll Eyes

Feel free to use the other boards for inspiration, and to check my Craftster profile for additional information.

I am fine with receiving "supply only" packages.  Things I could use are:

-regular Sharpie markers in any/all colors
-the Sharpie markers you use to write on cups/plates/etc...that don't wash off after being baked in the oven
-black pens
-mechanical pencils
-yarn (acrylic is fine, just please NO wool or fun fur)
-2 dollar store shoe holders (the ones that hang over the back of a door) (where the openings are on the top, not sides) ( I need them for organization...not shoes!     Grin
-fabric (Scraps are fine, as long as they are not teeny-tiny.)
-whimsies
-scissors (Both for adults and children-they get lost QUICK in this house!)   Tongue
-pocketbook handles (this is a biggie, since Joann's seems to be phasing them out of their inventory)

*I am unable to take and post photos.  If the person who claims me could do so, it would be MUCH appreciated!*

*I do not have allergies, but everyone else in my home has slight allergies.  I can receive from someone who has a pet(s) as long as the craft/supplies is kept away from the pet.  Please do not claim me if you smoke or have smokers in your home. There are NO allergens in my home.*

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 03:42:38 PM by LadybugsAndBumblebees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013 02:12:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Laura from southern Indiana. I mainly crochet, make jewelry, and do paper crafts. I've got two furbabies, a dog named Joel, and a cat named Merlin. I look forward to swapping with you lovely craftsters!

No allergies.

http://pinterest.com/nisforneville/boards/ My wishlist board has my most wanted, but all boards are fair game!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013 02:46:26 PM »

Hello again,
My name is Ann and I live in Stockholm, Sweden with my husband Gustav. I've got no allergies, but some of my boards are for a household with allergies. See more info below. I'm fine with repurposed and recycled materials as long as everything is clean and in useable shape Smiley

I love all things yarn and my main crafts are knitting and crochet. I also like working in mixed media, perler beads, paper clay and all kinds of crafts.

Pinterest link: www.pinterest.com/annchen82

Feel free to claim from or draw inspiration from all boards! I can't make it all myself Tongue I don't need exact copies unless the info for that pin says so. Pins that I've already made or received are marked as such, but I don't mind receiving more than one item inspired by the same pin.

Special boards:
"Colour, texture, scent" a good board to get a feel for my favourite colours.

My "flavour of the week" board is a showcase of 10 or so pins I'd love to receive in swaps. All those pins can also be found in other boards and I try to rotate them as my fancies change.

"Sally/Sam"
This board is for my niece and nephew and anything for them will need to be smoke and pet hair free. If the item is washable and might contain stray pet hairs I can wash it myself before giving it away if you just give me a heads up.

"Gustav"
Hubby's board. He's in the process of losing a lot of weight so if you want to encourage him with a little gift I'm all for that. His new t-shirt size is in the board info. Strong scents can trigger his migraines.

I'm okay with supply claims and pattern claims if you happen to own a pattern I've pinned (mostly interested in knit/crochet patterns).

Now to start stalking your boards! This will be funnnnnnn =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013 11:48:03 PM »

hi all! i'm Alyssa, from southern CA. I recenty finished my second round of grad school, and have been organizing the ATC ongoing, so I've not signed up for the pintrest one. I've missed this swap! If you have questions about pins, just holler at me. I am a-ok with supply packages and please choose off of any board but not the "for the little ones" or the food ones. Thanks in advance for choosing me!

Oh - I have no allergies so if you have animals - ain't no big deal, but I prefer non smokey stuff Smiley

http://pinterest.com/redstar13/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat the tumor!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013 05:53:54 PM »

HI all! I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. I am married and we have 2 grown kids, and one grandson. We have 3 rescued dachshunds presently, i love the old ugly ones no one wants, 2 of ours have no teeth, and one had back surgery.

Stuff I am really into now: fall colors  Anything on my 2 OPS wish boards: http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/ops-wisheslikes/  and   http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/ops-more-stuff-i-would-love-to-receive/  that you can make/find in those colors is fair game, doesn't have to be exact, use the idea for inspiration! If you have an idea for something else from another of my boards, pm me please, cuz I probably havnt marked all the items ive received in swaps and as my boards grow i tend to forget what ive pinned, so if ya find something you'd like to make, please copy the url n message it to me so I can see it:)

Also I started pinning bracelets that I'd love to receive......fall colors would be sweet or surprise me!    http://www.pinterest.com/rscowtown/bracelets/

My main pinterest board list is here: http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/

I am allergic to cats but unless kitty has been all over an item or made it for me, we're ok, so far I haven't had any issues with anything sent to me.

**If anyone is into rubber stamping ie. unmounted stamps, and especially brass stencils,  I have inventory left from our store, and I would love to send some as supplies to you. Pinning some ideas of supply themes you like or stuff you need would be great to see so I can claim ya!

thanks!!
Laurel
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013 06:10:37 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings,
Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

Isabelle is 12, she has a huge tumor on her brain and all down her spine.  Can you please pray or send positive healing thoughts? Thanks so much!

PRAYER FLAGS!! Yes I'd love to private swaps of them, PM me please!
penelopewaits

mama. crafter. nerd. feminist. gardener. lezzer.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013 05:05:34 PM »

hi everyone, my name is esther, and i'm very happy to be participating in another pinterest swap!
i live in melbourne, australia with my partner sara-jane, our 20 month old son arthur, and our cat josh.

the main crafts i do myself are embroidery, project life (scrapbooking), and quilting. i also like to dabble in drawing and painting.

i cannot knit or crochet to save my life, but i LOVE yarncraft, so i would be particularly excited to receive anything of this nature.

stuff i love:
  • gardening
  • flowers
  • vintage florals
  • tea
  • jane austen
  • dungeons and dragons (yes, really)
  • cooking
  • cakes

stuff i don't love:
  • synthetic materials
  • animal prints
  • neon colours
  • religious iconography
  • 'inspirational' quotes

my pinterest boards are here.

boards of particular interest:
crochet and lace
craft supplies
quilts, fabric and patchwork
embroidered

i would be delighted to receive supplies - particularly paper, rubber stamps, and other things i could use in my project life pages.

looking forward to investigating your boards! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013 06:30:54 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.
No allergies!
Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.
As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla/small art wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are awesome, especially fiber so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Various Media" board would be super, too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

What I'm really looking for this month:
Hooplas are always on this list, but now is the time I must focus on my kidlets. I just had a very successful Princess party because of some of you lovely crafty ladies and now it's time to think about Legos! Russ, turning 7 in the end of November, wants a Lego party! This theme would be easy to make for, right? Great. I have a board for it but if you find/think of anything you think would be great for this party, tell me and I'll pin it and you can make it for him. http://pinterest.com/jexxican/birthdays/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall 2013 Trends to Wear for Curvy Girls
Would You Wear Embellished Pants Like Elle Fanning?
Darren Criss Vs. Avan Jogia Fashion Faceoff at 2013 Do Something Awards
Model Julie Henderson Shows Off Her New Bikini Line
Rita Ora Swaps Jobs With Cara Delevingne For DKNY
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...