A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Holiday Ornament Gallery!  (Read 26008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bobbysgirl
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013 01:59:01 PM »

I received the other day from stillatthetop, and it's awesome! I told her that our tree consists of mostly Doctor Who and Harry Potter typed ornaments, so she made me the most amazing miniature Tardis stocking ornament!

Then for extras she sent a 3-d star ornament-

The cutest little reindeer ornament-

And for my son she sent a dragon ATC (he's obsessed with them, and has been carrying this around since he got it) with little clothespins so he can hand it on the tree too if he wants.

On our questionnaires we both said that we didn't particularly care for the color orange. And wouldn't you know she stuck a teeny ting orange in the toe of the stocking. Cracked me up, and now my husband thinks we are both a bit crazy! Thanks again for everything stillatthetop, and I hope yours gets there soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spidermom
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013 03:40:45 PM »

eek!  such awesome additions!  i LOVE the puzzle piece reindeer--so clever!  great TARDIS stocking and i adore the tiny house!

so sad your ornament didnt make the journey safelyOnyxnox  Sad

organizers note:  if you are in mink_bikini's group, please take a moment to check the beginning of this thread to make sure that i have recorded your shipping status.  if your name doesn't reflect the right color and you PM'd mink_bikini with details, please forward that to me so i can change it.  Thank you!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurumi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013 03:54:21 PM »

The TARDIS stocking is so clever, and I love how you are displaying it on HP novels. I loved the adorable altered reindeer. Cute...and the orange in the stocking..so funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teambeachbody.com/BigBangFitnessMomma  -- take your fitness journey with me!

Giant Multi-Themed Swap Rd 4: Waiting for Partners!
4x6 Swap June 2016: Waiting for Partners, Crafting!
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013 04:42:34 PM »

The joy ornament is very pretty, I like the little snowflake beads or confetti? in the bottom.
question - the little metal flowers - did you make those? if so what did you make them from?

I had two sizes in the package, the small one is the size of a pendant, and the  large ones are ornament sized - I got the pattern and kit for that particular one from the Ring Lord (http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=199), and you can find free variations on line, like here:

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?oldkey=150998

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013 06:49:39 PM »

Ok all pms just now been sent to Spidermom, sick children to contend with. Been checking in on my phone but 0 pc time all week.

Bear with us  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spidermom
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013 07:01:22 PM »

snuggle those babies and have yourself a cuppa, Minkie Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
stillatthetop
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013 11:45:49 PM »

The TARDIS stocking is so clever, and I love how you are displaying it on HP novels. I loved the adorable altered reindeer. Cute...and the orange in the stocking..so funny!

I actually stole the idea off her pintrest list ( Grin). She had a full size one listed there, and I just adjusted it for her needs, and smaller for the swap. She liked the 2005 collection, so I went with the gray color, rather than the blue.

Thank you all for your comments. I don't have a lot posted to this site, yet, so far as pictures.

The reindeer are not an original idea, either. I don't remember where I saw them first, but I kind of modified them to suit the materials I had on hand, as well. I think they came from a magazine craft article. Hardest part was finding the mini lights (craft store where they sell those mini tree kits and globes).

She did a great job with the pictures. I agree!!! I will be getting with her to find out her camera settings and how she did things  Grin

The orange was an afterthought, because it is a tradition in my family to put a tangerine in the toe!!!  Roll Eyes

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013 06:02:15 AM »

We always got an orange as well in the stocking toe. When I was a kid this was a real treat in December. Brings back memories....the tardis stocking not so much LOL.

I love the Tardis stocking, great colors and fur trim so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
leslieyam
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013 07:45:30 AM »

I have received from gerbilgal.  The adorable poodle on the ornament is my dog Fozzie.  This is our first Christmas with him and I am so excited to have this ornament to commemorate it.  Love the keychain too.  Thanks gerbilgal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My TTC blog with cartoons:
http://hanginthereforbaby.blogspot.com/
*Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
jkaywiz

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013 01:50:58 PM »

Loving all of these great ornaments...I have pinned some that I would love to make myself. 
I know mine has been received so I am going to post pics...I hope I am not stepping on toes here.

This one shows the mini one to the left.

I sent one more but for some reason I don't have a pic of it...it was a painted snowflake....I made it as a back-up in case the beaded one failed.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
High Street Edit: 3 Ways To Wear Bomber Jackets
Holiday Outfit Ideas
Heart Bell Wedding Decoration
Three Outfit Inspirations from Australia
Three Outfit Inspirations from England
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...