A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 (SO Oct3)  (Read 3163 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013 09:51:34 PM »

If anybody else is paying attention to the color coding on the names: don't panic. I think I did it backwards and just fixing colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013 04:44:52 AM »

pinkdelia: what is it all?

Ooh, I can help with that!  Grin

There's the necklace, and a felt hoop that has one of pinkdelia's favorite writing quotes written around the outside of the hoop ("The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on", as in, if you aren't writing you won't get any writing done), and the pink/red things are dice with inspiration! (I mailed a practice one to a friend and it was DEMOLISHED so I sent these to pinkdelia flat just in case that happened again). There's one for characters, one for plot points/twists, and one for objects to incorporate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
pinkdelia
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013 09:13:20 AM »

Ooh, I can help with that!  Grin

There's the necklace, and a felt hoop that has one of pinkdelia's favorite writing quotes written around the outside of the hoop ("The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on", as in, if you aren't writing you won't get any writing done), and the pink/red things are dice with inspiration! (I mailed a practice one to a friend and it was DEMOLISHED so I sent these to pinkdelia flat just in case that happened again). There's one for characters, one for plot points/twists, and one for objects to incorporate.
[/quote]

thank you!! I totally forgot to put description sorry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013 05:12:47 PM »

Eeeeh, sorry it took me so long to get pictures posted, I'm still trying to catch up from a stupidly crazy last week.  But here they are!  All my amazing stuff from queenofmarigold!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

First up, an awesome coffee (or tea!) cup cozy that will sternly remind me exactly how much I need to write every day!

It's a Tesha Moore style patch, which I ADORE and vow to some day try, but now I have one and I didn't even have to learn a new skill.  And I won't burn my hand.  Kind of a win-win-win.

Speaking of hands...  usually in November here "burning" isn't so much an issue as "frostbite", so I was tickled to find...

...fingerless gloves!  better known as "you can type and not have your hands fall off gloves".  They might look a little wonky in the picture, because do you know how hard it is to take a picture of both of your hands?!  I balanced my cell phone on the edge of a table, stuck my hands under it (at a weird angle, to be sure) and took the picture with my nose.  But they fit!  And are waaaaaarm.  I've already worn them because I work in what is apparently a freezer.  Sure, it looks like an office, but... these are SO MUCH appreciated!

And finally, kind of as a funny, because we had talked A LOT about hoops, and then she decided not to make one, she put together the cutest little hoop ever!  I'm going to stick a magnet on it and put in on my refrigerator, I think!

Thank you queenofmarigold, you're an great partner, and I hope your package gets there soon... and in one piece...  O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013 07:41:36 PM »

Smeddley: I'm in love with those handwarmers! The color is gorgeous, they look so soft, and I adore the scalloped edges Smiley Makes me want a pair now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
queenofmarigold
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013 11:35:33 PM »

Thank you queenofmarigold, you're an great partner, and I hope your package gets there soon... and in one piece...  O.o

They usually take about two weeks to arrive, and I've never had anything rock up busted so I wouldn't worry any time soon. I'm looking forward to it and getting ready to start stalking the post office box in anticipation Smiley

I'm glad you liked everything and that it suits you - and especially that the gloves are already coming in handy! I do recommend giving the patches a try, I found it really simple and quite fun. I imagine they could get quite addictive.

EclecticDreamer, the pattern is Autumn Mittens on ravelry - one of the only ones I've been able to bear making more than once, which is saying something! I'm a little amused that you like the colour though - it was my first attempt at dyeing and it was MEANT to be purple... but came out a splotchy green. I don't know how many mistakes it took to get it that way, but I suspect more than one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013 06:54:08 AM »

I'm not worried yet, that'll be for next week if it doesn't show up by the end of it (which I'm sure it will).

Dying is a funny thing... we spent forever and a day trying to dye our "pirate" skirts a graduated white/grey/black, and it was so hard to get the black to look black! Fast forward a year or so to last week, when we tried to dye a piece of off-white lace cocoa brown... and ended up with the purest black I've seen!  Go figure...

I like green, though, so it's all good... it's like when we dye veils, I never try for anything in particular, just hope I like what comes out because you never know... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013 12:18:31 PM »

Hi everyone, sorry I'm so late to the gallery! Wow, what great packages Smiley

The TARDIS penholder is fantastic, is that canvas work? Is that a book of inspirational quotes there from chase_acow? It looks fab, looking forward to some more detailed pictures Smiley
Love all the wristwarmers and the faucet hoop and the notebook! Cool cup cosy too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013 07:57:15 PM »

I received a box from our wonderful organizer that was full to the brim with awesome!

First up, the greatest purse I could ever imagine... I was especially impressed with the tiny organizer type pockets inside one of the outer pockets...

The purse was stuffed full of goodies including a tiny notebook with handmade fabric cover (the quote reads, "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now."), a pile of index cards with quotes and other inspiration, a book of blank index cards that says, "blank book seeks writer for long term relationship", and other goodies...

Fabric, an awesome scarf, and handmade soap from a local artisan with whom she took a class.

Thanks, EclecticDreamer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013 02:11:58 AM »

Some awesome stuff in this gallery, love the tardis pencil holder and the green (purple) scalloped gloves so much each are going to be on my pinterest list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.2
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.3
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.1
How to Use the Liquify Effect in Photoshop
Photoshop: Using the Render Effect
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...