A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 (SO Oct3)  (Read 3110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013 10:32:49 PM »

The Gallery!

Original Post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.msg5082168#msg5082168

PARTNERS!!

(Note: due to popular request - 40% of the group so far - I've extended the SO date to October 3rd)

Averia <--> Jemimah
Alexampersandra <--> pinkdelia
queenofmarigold <--> Smeddley
FreakieGeekie <--> chase_acow
Eclectic Dreamer <--> Nolansmomster

Sent = Orange
Received = Green
Problem = Red
Sent & Received = Blue
Crossed through = Feedback given
Late with communication = Purple
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013 06:35:30 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
chase_acow
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013 07:34:49 AM »

So, I can't tell y'all how happy I am with my first experience with this site, and I wanted to thank you for not making it too scary. I'm happy with what I sent, and I'm super excited with the package I received, because I never would have made either of these items.  :  )  That's my favorite part, reaping the benefits of other peoples' skill and interests.

Thank you so much FreakieGeekie! I love the TARDIS pen holder - though even she isn't big enough on the inside to house my pen addiction. And the caution symbol makes me super happy.  I'm thinking about attaching it to a small flag that I can hang up on the outside of my room whenever I start on my writing bender.

Not pictured is an orange and black yarn bracelet that had already migrated to my GameDay accouterments and the entire colored pen set that will come in handy for not taking and doodling.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a geek, and I dispatch for a bunch of geek cops. I like writing, playing video games, and making messes while attempting to craft.

I'm still new here, so please tell me if I go wrong somewhere. I'm always up for some gentle correction.
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013 06:20:42 PM »

chase_a_cow: Wow! Those are both so cool. I wouldn't have thought of making a TARDIS pen box Smiley

Glad you enjoyed your first swap! Can't wait to see what you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013 10:13:12 PM »

I don't have ink in my printer else I'd try playing around with printing one of these... but here's a great "You Should Be Writing!" motivational picture board.  http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/you-should-be-writing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013 01:28:47 PM »

Glad you loved it! Grin
I have to make myself a caution sign now because I loved it so much.

Here are my pretties from chase_acow(please excuse the junky workspace):

I wanted to post more pics but our data is running low and I have a couple bills to pay online. It won't roll over til the 13th so I'll get up better pics then so you guys can see the items better!
I also have an item to send on Friday that should have been in the package to chase_acow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013 04:46:19 PM »

You know that feeling you get when you receive KILLER wristwarmers in a swap because you have the coolest partner ever, but then the temperature jumps back up to 88 degrees in October? Yeah, that's basically what I'm feeling.

THANK YOU PINKDELIA!!! I love these SO MUCH and the notebook is perfect! I have an unhealthy obsession with fresh new notebooks and this one is HOUNDSTOOTH with a great Stephen King quote! Does it get any better?

Maybe if I crank the AC to absurd levels I can justify typing with my new wristwarmers on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
pinkdelia
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013 05:34:19 PM »

I am so glad you love everything!!! I have that same obsession with notebooks lol. Back to school is a dangerous time for my wallet lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013 06:29:45 AM by pinkdelia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofmarigold
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013 07:08:03 PM »

So many awesome things, ladies - the Tardis is a great idea, and I love the Stephen King quote.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkdelia
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013 05:34:52 PM »

I received my package today from Alexampersandra and I LOVE everything once I took the pictures I put the necklace on

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013 09:49:46 PM »

pinkdelia: what is it all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013 09:51:34 PM »

If anybody else is paying attention to the color coding on the names: don't panic. I think I did it backwards and just fixing colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013 04:44:52 AM »

pinkdelia: what is it all?

Ooh, I can help with that!  Grin

There's the necklace, and a felt hoop that has one of pinkdelia's favorite writing quotes written around the outside of the hoop ("The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on", as in, if you aren't writing you won't get any writing done), and the pink/red things are dice with inspiration! (I mailed a practice one to a friend and it was DEMOLISHED so I sent these to pinkdelia flat just in case that happened again). There's one for characters, one for plot points/twists, and one for objects to incorporate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
pinkdelia
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013 09:13:20 AM »

Ooh, I can help with that!  Grin

There's the necklace, and a felt hoop that has one of pinkdelia's favorite writing quotes written around the outside of the hoop ("The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on", as in, if you aren't writing you won't get any writing done), and the pink/red things are dice with inspiration! (I mailed a practice one to a friend and it was DEMOLISHED so I sent these to pinkdelia flat just in case that happened again). There's one for characters, one for plot points/twists, and one for objects to incorporate.
[/quote]

thank you!! I totally forgot to put description sorry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013 05:12:47 PM »

Eeeeh, sorry it took me so long to get pictures posted, I'm still trying to catch up from a stupidly crazy last week.  But here they are!  All my amazing stuff from queenofmarigold!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

First up, an awesome coffee (or tea!) cup cozy that will sternly remind me exactly how much I need to write every day!

It's a Tesha Moore style patch, which I ADORE and vow to some day try, but now I have one and I didn't even have to learn a new skill.  And I won't burn my hand.  Kind of a win-win-win.

Speaking of hands...  usually in November here "burning" isn't so much an issue as "frostbite", so I was tickled to find...

...fingerless gloves!  better known as "you can type and not have your hands fall off gloves".  They might look a little wonky in the picture, because do you know how hard it is to take a picture of both of your hands?!  I balanced my cell phone on the edge of a table, stuck my hands under it (at a weird angle, to be sure) and took the picture with my nose.  But they fit!  And are waaaaaarm.  I've already worn them because I work in what is apparently a freezer.  Sure, it looks like an office, but... these are SO MUCH appreciated!

And finally, kind of as a funny, because we had talked A LOT about hoops, and then she decided not to make one, she put together the cutest little hoop ever!  I'm going to stick a magnet on it and put in on my refrigerator, I think!

Thank you queenofmarigold, you're an great partner, and I hope your package gets there soon... and in one piece...  O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013 07:41:36 PM »

Smeddley: I'm in love with those handwarmers! The color is gorgeous, they look so soft, and I adore the scalloped edges Smiley Makes me want a pair now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofmarigold
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013 11:35:33 PM »

Thank you queenofmarigold, you're an great partner, and I hope your package gets there soon... and in one piece...  O.o

They usually take about two weeks to arrive, and I've never had anything rock up busted so I wouldn't worry any time soon. I'm looking forward to it and getting ready to start stalking the post office box in anticipation Smiley

I'm glad you liked everything and that it suits you - and especially that the gloves are already coming in handy! I do recommend giving the patches a try, I found it really simple and quite fun. I imagine they could get quite addictive.

EclecticDreamer, the pattern is Autumn Mittens on ravelry - one of the only ones I've been able to bear making more than once, which is saying something! I'm a little amused that you like the colour though - it was my first attempt at dyeing and it was MEANT to be purple... but came out a splotchy green. I don't know how many mistakes it took to get it that way, but I suspect more than one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013 06:54:08 AM »

I'm not worried yet, that'll be for next week if it doesn't show up by the end of it (which I'm sure it will).

Dying is a funny thing... we spent forever and a day trying to dye our "pirate" skirts a graduated white/grey/black, and it was so hard to get the black to look black! Fast forward a year or so to last week, when we tried to dye a piece of off-white lace cocoa brown... and ended up with the purest black I've seen!  Go figure...

I like green, though, so it's all good... it's like when we dye veils, I never try for anything in particular, just hope I like what comes out because you never know... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013 12:18:31 PM »

Hi everyone, sorry I'm so late to the gallery! Wow, what great packages Smiley

The TARDIS penholder is fantastic, is that canvas work? Is that a book of inspirational quotes there from chase_acow? It looks fab, looking forward to some more detailed pictures Smiley
Love all the wristwarmers and the faucet hoop and the notebook! Cool cup cosy too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013 07:57:15 PM »

I received a box from our wonderful organizer that was full to the brim with awesome!

First up, the greatest purse I could ever imagine... I was especially impressed with the tiny organizer type pockets inside one of the outer pockets...

The purse was stuffed full of goodies including a tiny notebook with handmade fabric cover (the quote reads, "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now."), a pile of index cards with quotes and other inspiration, a book of blank index cards that says, "blank book seeks writer for long term relationship", and other goodies...

Fabric, an awesome scarf, and handmade soap from a local artisan with whom she took a class.

Thanks, EclecticDreamer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013 02:11:58 AM »

Some awesome stuff in this gallery, love the tardis pencil holder and the green (purple) scalloped gloves so much each are going to be on my pinterest list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013 12:22:31 PM »

What a great bag - lots of inspirations in that parcel Nolansmomster!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013 10:48:23 PM »

I got my amazing parcel from Averia!!  Grin

All the loot together ...

She sent me a wonderful fabric-covered journal with a great writing quote embroidered on the front! Close up:-

Averia's embroidery is always so tiny and precise, I think she must use lasers Cheesy

She also sent me a tiny Spock on a pouch! Love!! And a gorgeous wee notebook with sashiko embroidery on the front of it - so pretty!

And as if that wasn't enough, she sent not one but two handcrafted necklaces. One is a tiny book, with real pages and a little marker  Cheesy and the other one is beautiful freestyle embroidery - I just adore this!

Plus she sent a BUNCH of extras, Koolaid for dying yarn (yay, I have had a go at this once, and it was brilliant, but I ran out of Koolaid - can't wait to try it again), wonderful black silk thread and silver thread (so spoilt!!  Grin), and very thoughtfully, extra clasps in case I want to change the length of the necklaces!

Thank you so much Ave - you are a fabulous swap partner and craftster buddy!! I only hope my parcel for you lives up to this spoilage!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013 11:52:05 PM »

Finally rolled over! I hated that I couldn't do this sooner so here goes!

There was the great No Plot, No Problem book, which is clearly visible in the first shot. I am SO thankful for that! I had a copy but I left it someplace or other and hadn't replaced it yet.  Kiss
There's also the energy flavor stuff for water which will come in handy.

I am in love with the key necklace! ♥♥ It also has a plate (?) with "reality has limits, imagination is boundless".
One of my favorite things is the quote cards. She left some of them blank, too, so I can add my own! And she even sent some of the pretty paper and cardstock that she used to decorate them! ♥♥ Seriously, it made me super excited to find that in the box! ♥♥

In the awesome Tardis box is my own personal dragon! ♥♥ He's purple and has pretty pearl beads along his wings. ♥♥
My favorite thing is this mug with the gorgeous designs and the quote "Expect anything from anyone the devil was an angel too" and a pair of wings ♥♥
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofmarigold
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013 02:00:14 AM »

My awesome hooplas arrived from Smeddley!

(The one on the right is from my Pinterest and always makes me smirk - it's a bad habit maybe, but it is definitely something I do.)

And the beautiful illustration is inspired by a quote I'm sure you all know - Poe's raven's croaked catchphrase. Some stories (and poems) are certainly classics for a reason.

Thank you Smeddley, it was awesome swapping with you Cheesy

(I have no idea why this picture is so dull - I took this photo in broad daylight, and it looked great at the time... go figure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013 04:54:08 AM »

Thank you so much Ave - you are a fabulous swap partner and craftster buddy!! I only hope my parcel for you lives up to this spoilage!!

Awe, you are the sweetest! Thanks for being my partner!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013 06:26:41 AM »

Yay, I'm glad it all got there!

This *was* a great swap, thanks for being my partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013 07:49:17 PM »

I love that mug quote, FreakieGeekie!

I love seeing all the wonderful things other people make. Always makes me feel uncreative though lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013 01:05:04 AM »

I love that mug quote, FreakieGeekie!

I love seeing all the wonderful things other people make. Always makes me feel uncreative though lol.

I'm glad chase_acow chose it because I have an obsession with angels and demons. Especially vicious angels and kindly demons. I like seeing the roles turned on their ear.

Same with the creativity. I see things other people make and say "Why didn't I think of that too?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013 12:17:33 PM »

What fantastic parcels everyone!! I just love the "I am silently correcting your grammar" quote Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013 08:06:34 PM »

FreakieGeekie: what gets me is the stereotypical TV image of "OMG! It's Satan... grab a cross and a bible and hold them in front of you to ward him off! Oh no... it's not working. READING it will work!" when Satan surely knows the bible backwards and forwards better than any man or woman due to his origins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013 08:07:44 PM »

I will be posting pics tomorrow... sorry I'm taking so long, Nolansmomster!

ohhhhh... and I just remembered the goodies. I've been suffering from munchies the past hour and nothing here.  I'll take a pic first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013 11:27:25 PM »

FreakieGeekie: what gets me is the stereotypical TV image of "OMG! It's Satan... grab a cross and a bible and hold them in front of you to ward him off! Oh no... it's not working. READING it will work!" when Satan surely knows the bible backwards and forwards better than any man or woman due to his origins.

Indeed! For my NaNo project, demons don't like holy things but holy items don't bother fallen angels, which are completely different entities Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chase_acow
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013 11:16:17 PM »

My favorite thing is this mug with the gorgeous designs and the quote "Expect anything from anyone the devil was an angel too" and a pair of wings ♥♥

I'm so glad you like the mug and it made it there in one piece. I tried to take all the best parts of the make-your-own-mug posts and put 'em together. I did a scratch test, and I think it'll hold up. I saw that quote on your pinterest, and I thought it was a great way for a writer to think about their characters.  :  )

I got your extras yesterday! Thank you so much for the key/wing earrings combo. Those will definitely put me in a writerly mood when I'm wearing them, and the extra notecards will come in very handy. You totally didn't have to, but I'm glad you did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a geek, and I dispatch for a bunch of geek cops. I like writing, playing video games, and making messes while attempting to craft.

I'm still new here, so please tell me if I go wrong somewhere. I'm always up for some gentle correction.
FreakieGeekie

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013 02:20:26 AM »

Yay they made it! I wanted to send them sooner but our puppy chewed up the envelope and I had to find another. He likes chewing up things he shouldn't. Like my sister's NaNo binder! Grin

So glad it's in one piece because I'm in love with it ♥♥
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013 06:37:14 PM »

Yay ! All partners sent and received, feedback given Smiley

Hope to see pics from the few who's not posted yet (which includes me. I will buy batteries tomorrow and get pics taken and posted)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013 08:40:42 PM »

Sorry, Eclectic! I meant to post those photos agrees ago, but I've been distracted with a sick kiddo... I just have to find them first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013 06:08:27 PM »

I received a fabulous package from Jemimah! I ran into some problems taking pictures tho. Phoebe has decided the pillow is hers and she got quite feisty about defending her pillow. There was an awful lot of hissing when I firmly explained that she would have to give it up so I could take pictures. I also had to use hubby's very nice camera which I can not figure out well enough to upload pictures.

Here is a picture of everything (oops, other than the very cute card). There is the beautiful pillow of course, lovely wrist warmers for those cold November nights of typing, a very cute bookmark and a handcrafted notepad.

Here is a closeup of the gloves - she sent the label and a bit of leftover yarn as well - It is 40% brushtail possum... who knew you could make lovely yarn out of brushtail possum? Not me Cheesy

A closeup of the bookmark and the notepad

I must put in some close ups of Jemimah's amazing stitching. I love the fabrics and the motif she chose for this pillow!!! I wish I had better camera skills but you should be able to get an idea of how detailed and well done the stitching is.

Thank you Jemimah!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013 07:29:58 PM »

Wow... jemimah! That pillow is stunning! Sad I feel like such a bad crafter now lol.

Nolansmomster: eventually one of us will get to it Smiley I just realized I totally forgot to buy batteries on my way home from work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013 01:35:59 PM »

Yay, I'm so happy you like your package Averia! Smiley

I'm pleased Phoebe approves of your pillow! Cheesy Although I had a concept in mind, I basically did it freehand and made it up as I went along, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The possum yarn is a New Zealand speciality. Our possums were introduced from Australia and are rather different from your North American possums. Their fur is super warm and light. In NZ they are a major ecological disaster, so it is very eco-friendly to turn them into gloves and scarves etc.! (thought a little extra yarn might come in handy if you ever have to make repairs)

Thank you for a fab swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Image Quality Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Program Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Portrait Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Panorama Stitch Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...