A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 98 Gallery  (Read 5764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013 03:26:29 AM »

that is one beautiful bowl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013 05:11:28 AM »

That bowl looks perfect! I love the color combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2013 08:10:13 AM »

Arrgh....and arrgh again!  Cry  I received a generous package from the talented Kookaloo Starr yesterday, and for some reason, Craftster is saying she doesn't exist when I put in her screen name to PM her that I received!  Tongue  Plus, I cannot take and post photos, and her work on this claim is exquisite, so not being able to post photos really sucks this time.

Anyhow...I guess you'll have to do with a description for now.  Here goes:

I had a pin on my Pinterest account for crocheted snowflake ornaments.  I plan to attach them to the gift bags of family, friends, and co-workers for the holidays.  I had received 10 lovely crocheted ones already from another claim (OWS or OPS, I don't remember.), but I still needed more.

Kookaloo  Starr claimed me for this round of "not crocheted snowflake ornaments" and after listing the claim she put one of these faces ----> Roll Eyes after it.  I didn't know what to think but I like crafty surprises, so I was fine with it.

Well...I received her claim from "across the pond"  Cheesy yesterday, and was WOWED!  She sent NINE larger snowflakes made out of cotton yarn in white, then a gold one in some other sort of thread/yarn (?) and one more make out of varigated white/gold thread/yarn(?)!

On top of all that, she also sent TEN cute little snowflakes, made in white and gold.

Oh, and in addition to the generous amount she sent, and the amount of effort that must have went into them (which is why they were on my Pinterest in the first place  Wink), they are all DIFFERENT shapes/styles of snowflakes!

THANK YOU SO MUCH KOOKALOO STARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I HOPE YOU SEE THIS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013 10:35:01 AM »

So happy you got them Barbara  Smiley I'm having terrible problems sending and receiving PMs,sometimes I can,sometimes I can't  Huh
I have some pretty crappy pics of what I made and will add those if I can. My PC is dying and I can't afford to get it looked at.

I figured a variety of sizes would work for a variety of gifts  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
stillatthetop
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013 10:46:43 AM »

Wow. Those are wonderful snowflakes! My Mom made me a set of those, but I can't get her to make me anymore. Eyesight issues. And old age with the fingers. But I keep mine clean, and starched, and love them on my tree!!! They would make a great "extra gift" package topper, for sure! I like the gold ones. Mom always just made white.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013 10:57:27 AM »

What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013 11:07:03 AM »

That glass bowl is so insanely amazing! GlassKicker, you rock! And Go Sox:) I'm a Boston die hard as well:)

I really like that baby tee toy, too! I think that is such a cute idea! Pinning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2013 04:40:30 PM »

Posting quickly while the kids aren't looking because this loot is being saved for Christmas!

Watsonc7 sent t-shirts for both Tori and Jacob and a cute little ornament for my brother. I have no idea how the t-shirts are done - it doesn't look like paint, but it isn't one of those old fangled iron-ons either. They are very exact and lovely

for my little vegetarian girl (who is going to love not just the design but also the color of the shirt!)

and my guinea pig (and panda) obsessed boy

and such a sweet happy little piece of bacon for my brother

Thank you!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2013 04:49:37 PM »

I also received from Jo_mama - She claimed me for a t-shirt for Tori and we did a personal swap that we had been talking about for ages for painted shoes for Tori. The shirt got hidden away for Christmas but the shoes were given right away. She loves them so much she doesn't want to wear them Cheesy

Here is the amazingly well done air brushed t-shirt - I mean seriously amazing talent going on here!

And I am absolutely blown away by the shoes!!! More pics in the personal swap gallery

Thank you Jo!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2013 05:29:41 PM »

I'm glad you liked the shirts, phew!  I'm a teeshirt-making newbie but I'm pretty comfortable using vinyl (especially after failing so much with fabric paint). When I first tried vinyl I thought it would be thick and weird feeling so I was surprised how light it was.  I used my silhouette cutter to cut the shapes out of heat transfer vinyl for fabric and BAM I make tee shirts now Smiley.   But oh dang that wolf shirt is insane!  I would love to get more artistic with shirts like that, love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter S
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter V
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter W
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter N
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter X
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...