A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 98 Gallery  (Read 5539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013 07:10:00 AM »

here to show off the american girl doll goodies texscrapper made for my daughter (christmas present - shhhh!)

this image is on it's side, but it's a brownie skirt and sash.  the skirt is just a wrap and has an adorable print on the back - reversible!  these dolls do need to be practical about their clothes, you know.

and a sleeping bag and pillow.  the fabrics are adorable, and she made them so well.  the sleeping bag is so thick you'd think the doll could really keep warm with it!

amazing work, as ever, texscrapper!  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.co m
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013 03:17:29 PM »

I'm finally able to post pics of the wonderful first aid rolls that watsonc7 sent me.  These will be in three lucky ladies stockings this Christmas and I'm absolutely thrilled with them.  The fabric choices are perfect and as usual watsonc7's workmanship is beyond amazing.

Notice that she even filled them with first aid goodies!  Thank you so much!

Kookaloo_Star made this beautiful crocheted hexi pincushion for me and also created my first Christmas TM patches!  I am so happy with everything in this gorgeous package of goodies!

And I don't believe breegy ever got a chance to post pics of the matching game I made for her daughter so I figured while I'm posting pics I'll post that as well:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013 05:17:41 PM »

I'm not a sports nut but I love the onesie and matching burp cloth!
I wish my daughter was into American Girl (from what I hear, our bank account wouldn't be happy though!), the doll stuff is adorable...somebody's going to be spoiled this Christmas
I almost claimed for the fabric memory game (awesome scrap buster) and I'm glad I didn't because you made the cutest set Gamemom!
My first swap was a TM patch swap and I was so glad I got up the guts to start swapping because daaaaang I'm addicted now, love the patches!
Phew, I think I got everyone, I love this gallery!
Thanks for all the sweet words about my sewing, it's a good way to get me to keep claiming Wink

So I received my claim from spikefan for another minecraft hat, I just loved the last one so I had to get another! Technically I got 3 total (and other stuff) from this swap and a personal swap....yeeee, my daughter, her BFF, and her favorite cousin are going to be the coolest kids on the block!  Spikefan also sent me extras: an adorable lil frame pincushion (it stand up!) and a Mamesheba stamp from my pinterest.  My daughter loves the Mamesheba comics and is actually doing a book presentation on it next week, so she's going to love crafting with this stamp. Thanks a ton spikefan.  I'll be posting pics in the personal swap gallery soon Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013 03:07:53 AM »

Love the fabric memeory game! what a fab idea  Smiley
The doll clothes are great too. My Mammar used to knit clothes for mine & my sisters dolls when we were kids.As a child I never really appreciated how much time & effort went into that but I did love everything she made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013 09:39:21 AM »

I love the American girl goodies! I am sure she would moan and groan at me saying she doesn't want any doll stuff, (and probably be furious at me for writing this) but Tori still sleeps with her American Girl doll beside her.

That's a great idea for a memory game! I think I have to go through my fabric stash and pick out some fabrics for one.

Oooh, the crocheted hexi pincushion is going on my list!

That's a great little framed pin cushion - I saw one on pinterest recently and was wondering how tough they are to make. I would think not too terribly hard... but I dunno....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013 10:44:03 AM »

i fought the american girl doll crap for years.  we do not have that kind of budget for toys and i despise social status items.  she goes to a catholic school where half the kids in her 4th grade class have better cell phones than i do!  but i am involved in her school and i'm friends with lots of other moms.  i ranted on facebook one day about the american girl dolls and it was read by a mom/friend whose then 8th grade daughter had several ag dolls including one never played with still in the box rebecca doll.  said her daughter had been talking about giving it away to a little girl who maybe couldn't afford one.  the next day there was a wrapped box on our doorstep with a card for georgia.  she even gave her some clothes that included their school uniform - so cute.  so, our lesson about not needing expensive toys turned into a lesson about paying it forward.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.co m
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013 01:35:17 PM »

My 9 yo DD received a 'Journey Girl' (a generic American Girl) doll for Xmas 2 yrs. ago.  She loved her but always talked about American Girl dolls.  DH got her a real American Girl doll from e-bay last Xmas, and guess what??  She NEVER plays with it, and prefers the 'Journey Girl' doll. Roll Eyes

DD received clothes for the 'Journey Girl' doll in a swap from quaggy last Xmas, and they were AWESOME!  I daresay that the clothes that are made on Craftster are better than what can be purchased in the store! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013 07:17:40 PM »

That's a great little framed pin cushion - I saw one on pinterest recently and was wondering how tough they are to make. I would think not too terribly hard... but I dunno....

It was a lot harder than I expected, I think because it was oval the square/rectangle ones are probably a lot easier to make. I used hot glue to glue the fabric down to a piece of cardstock before putting the back on it and it was hard to keep the stuffing in. I think if I try another I may try using thread and finish it off like the back of embroidery hoops.

I received my claim from Watsonc7 yesterday as well. She made me a bleached stencil Hunger Games shirt, wore it today and had quite a few compliments on it. She also made me some stamped extras of Doctor Who sayings. Sorry for the crappy photo, I took 15 pics and this is the best one. I'll see if I can get a better one tomorrow outside. Thanks Watsonc7! We also did a personal swap, so be sure to check out the personal swap gallery for more of Watsonc7's awesome crafting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breegy

Craft On!

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013 05:48:00 AM »

Thank gamemom! They are perfect! I was just thinking that I would try to post pics later today, I've been slacking on the photo front. I'll try and get an action shot, anyway. Smiley I still have another great package to photograph as well, so be expecting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013 06:42:14 AM »

Great t-shirt! I like the subtlety of the single small design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips & Tricks to Mastering Sleek Hair
Get a Perfect Bun in 5 Minutes Flat
How to Get Perfectly Smooth Tresses
Create a Perfectly Polished Pony
How to Do a 4-Strand Side Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...