A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 98 Gallery  (Read 4976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparks
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2013 07:54:49 AM »

The wolf tee and shoes are wonderful, but I am completely coveting the glass bowl (love red and teal/aqua combinations)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmoppet
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013 04:23:21 PM »

I'm glad you liked the shirts, phew!  I'm a teeshirt-making newbie but I'm pretty comfortable using vinyl (especially after failing so much with fabric paint). When I first tried vinyl I thought it would be thick and weird feeling so I was surprised how light it was.  I used my silhouette cutter to cut the shapes out of heat transfer vinyl for fabric and BAM I make tee shirts now Smiley.   But oh dang that wolf shirt is insane!  I would love to get more artistic with shirts like that, love it!

I have never heard of this 'transfer vinyl for fabric'.  Very interesting.  Have you created a tutorial for it?  I would love to know more about it.  Like its durability and such. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013 02:37:13 PM »

glad tori likes the shoes Smiley

for the wolf tee i actually made a stencil (drew out the wolf, and cut cut cut) so i could make more later, cause wolves are huge this year.  making a hoodie for my niece for christmas, too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.co m
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2013 09:12:02 AM »

I am really bumming that I can't get better pictures of this package.

Gamemom42 sent me a beautiful package!

Here's a shot of the whole package - a bacon ornament for my brother (he is going to be thrilled! I bet he would love to fill an entire tree in nothing but bacon), 2 ornaments for me and a huge piece of sparkly blue Christmas fabric (could this become a new tree skirt? I think it might)

My close up of the cross stitch isn't working at all Sad It is very beautiful and each little stitch is perfectly railroaded and the floss sparkles. I love it!

Bacon and a cute little stocking (so very much in my colors!)

Thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2013 09:24:52 AM »

I'm glad you liked the shirts, phew!  I'm a teeshirt-making newbie but I'm pretty comfortable using vinyl (especially after failing so much with fabric paint). When I first tried vinyl I thought it would be thick and weird feeling so I was surprised how light it was.  I used my silhouette cutter to cut the shapes out of heat transfer vinyl for fabric and BAM I make tee shirts now Smiley.   But oh dang that wolf shirt is insane!  I would love to get more artistic with shirts like that, love it!

I have never heard of this 'transfer vinyl for fabric'.  Very interesting.  Have you created a tutorial for it?  I would love to know more about it.  Like its durability and such. 

Here's an online video http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/t-shirt-vinyl.htm
I haven't gotten around to making tee shirts for my daughter yet so I'm not sure how long the vinyl last on tees with lots of washing but I've only seen good reviews on tee shirt vinyl. I've bought it off ebay and amazon (rather than the silhouette site) because I can get yardage of different colors. It does get used up pretty quickly!  It's super easy to use, especially if you have a shape cutter like the Silhouette.  All you do it cut your shape, peel off the extra vinyl so all that is left on the clear sticky paper is the image you want to use, turn it over, position it on your tee and iron.  Man I wasted so much vinyl by thinking the image didn't get cut (you have to look really hard to see that the image is cut because it's so thin!) and forgetting to mirror any text. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Watsonc7

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013 06:21:45 AM »

ooops I uploaded the claim I received from Banga, but forgot to post the pics!  Banga sent me some eye and mouth masks that cracked my daughter up....we are making them Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews. 
She also sent some homemade cards which I LOVE (and her awesome seed paper note!).
Thanks Banga!

While I'm here I thought I'd show pics of what I made gamamom42
I sent her a purple kitty pad with a sticky bottom (puff paint) so her cat would stop sliding off the table...I thought that was hilarious.  My favorite thing was the pincushion, inspired by one on her pinterest.  I got the lil flower from Goodwill,  I recently became addicted to going there just to look for cool lil containers to put pincushions in...I just haven't made one for myself yet

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
stillatthetop
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013 06:58:05 AM »

Ha, ha, ha. I, too, collect little dishes for pincushions. I have a cabinet full of them in my sewing room waiting for the right owners. Gotta' love Goodwill. I made the cutest little one for myself out of a brass incense container. I craft in three different rooms, so the tiny one is easy to tote to the kitchen counter. And I love candlesticks for this type project, too. It bumps the pincushion up off the table and in reaching range toward the back side of the machine. The right side of my machine is cluttered with other junk for sewing, and there is really no good spot to keep one there.

Your pincushion is very cute. And sliding kitties...too funny. Mom had one that was sleeping, and fell off the top of the TV one day, as we watched.  Roll Eyes Then he looked at us like we did it to him! It was impossible not to laugh at the expression on his face. Like, "what just happened"?

~T

Har, har. Stalking you on pinterest, and you are just my style girl. When I get things organized into this next year, we shall enjoy a private trade? We can work on that later...but keep me in mind?  Wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 07:28:18 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ed Sheeran Puts the "Ginger" in Gingerbread Guitar Cookies
How To Make Natural Red Velvet Cake Without Dyes
How to Make Chocolate LEGOs
How To Satisfy King Cake Cravings For A Fraction Of The Calories
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Topping for a Sponge Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...