A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ziploc Full Of Crafty Doodads, Round 2?  (Read 4189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

XOcrazy4uXO
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005 02:28:41 PM »

I hate long signups. Maybe a week? Hehehe, that's just me, because once I sign up, I can't WAIT until I get to send and be sent!

haha. well that's fine with me. let's say we start sign-ups somewhere in the first week of August (anyone have any certain day?) and they will last for a week. sound good?

sounds good.. count me in.. what size ziploc bag? or & can canadians be included?

sorry i didnt reply to that earlier, i missed it. but i think we can include canadians as long as someone is willing to ship to there. anyone? i should be able to if no one else can
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005 04:21:41 PM »

Sounds like fun, and I'm a Canadian too, I just have to get feedback from my first swap, my partner already received and posted, but no feedback yet from the organizer, I think she's been busy lately. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarSix
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005 07:11:05 PM »

I'm Canadian too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005 05:48:10 PM »

oo I would love to be in this! I'm in the first round and it's so much fun Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005 04:01:14 AM »

I don't think I'll be able to do this one, a swap I've been waiting for just started signups, and I think I'll do that one, dont wanna get overloaded.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

XOcrazy4uXO
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005 10:57:12 AM »

ok everyone this is whats going on:

sign-ups will start Monday, August 1st and will end Monday, August 7th. If these dates are not good for you please PM me and i will do my best to change them

the sign-up board will be posted August 1st.

*** if you are interested in participating please fill out the sign-up form and PM it to me ASAP so i know who is going to participate. ***

thats all for now. if you have any questions or need help either reply to this post or PM me and ill try to help you out

-Paige (organizer)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

XOcrazy4uXO
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005 11:18:19 AM »

oh and i forgot to add this:
i dont think i really made it clear exactly what you are going to send so here it is:

*when you sign up you will need to specify some things about yourself, including what type of crafting you do (for example, knitting) and other things (for example i have a dog. sounds weird but it turns out right just keep reading)

*you will be paired you with someone and will recieve information about them.

*you will send your partner a quart-sized Ziploc bag full of things that are good for your partner. for example if your partner enjoys knitting and has a dog, you might want to fill their bag with dog treats and toys, knitting needles, and yarn. you may also fill up the bag with other misc. items such as stickers buttons scrap fabric or small toys/keychains.

to get your ideas flowing check out the Ziploc Doodad Gallery and see what others recieved (but keep in mind theirs was a little different): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=40741.0

like i said before if you have any questions just PM me!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005 05:22:16 PM »

ooo I like the idea of a themed bag. can we send items that will give our partner info about waht we do? for example I like to sew, bead and use duct tape, what if I send my partner some extra pieces of duct tape random beads and thred or something. could it go both ways? that way maybe we could introduce them into new crafts as well as fuel the ones they already do? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

XOcrazy4uXO
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005 10:29:12 AM »

ooo I like the idea of a themed bag. can we send items that will give our partner info about waht we do? for example I like to sew, bead and use duct tape, what if I send my partner some extra pieces of duct tape random beads and thred or something. could it go both ways? that way maybe we could introduce them into new crafts as well as fuel the ones they already do? Smiley
i love that idea!! that sounds great! ok so here's the revised plan:
*you will learn about your partner
*you will send your partner a ziploc full of items that represent them (for example if your partner likes to make jewelry, you can send them string and beads)
*you will also send your partner (in the same bag) some items that will introduce them to a craft YOU enjoy. for example if you enjoy quilting, throw in some scrap fabric squares and thread and even a small cheap book on quliting.

if you are confused by any of this just PM me or reply to this post and we will try to sort out any confusion!
thanks owalkerjillo for the great idea!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005 10:35:15 AM »

OOooooo Great Idea!!! Count me in!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
3 Different Ways to Grill & Prepare Corn
For a Winter Weeknight: Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
How to Make The Fluffiest Pancakes
What Does Dallas Taste Like?
Homemade Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...