A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Weekend Trick or Treat Swap (Sign Up CLOSED! Send Out 10/7)  (Read 12491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2013 09:58:16 AM »

Envelope sent to MissingWillow. Had hoped to get some Halloween decorations but didn't find any small enough to fit. I really hope you'll like the contents of the envelope despite no halloween decorations, MissingWillow - there is some candy in though... Wink
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013 01:42:26 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2013 01:46:38 PM »

Just wondering - am I the only International participant in this swap round? Just to check for experiences with getting things non US/North American. Was quite funny, I had to double check what the different types of candies/sweets are and see if we have something equivalent over in the UK. It's also very interesting this year that none of the big shops has anything for Halloween this early in October, but are fully geared up for Christmas already!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2013 01:57:10 PM »

All of our shops are geared up for Christmas here, too.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2013 02:05:02 PM »

Hubby and I went to Orlando for Halloween one year, and it was just such MASSES of Halloween decorations etc - wish I could have hand an extra suitcase for all those things!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2013 02:07:29 PM »

A few stores have put out their Christmas lights but most of it is still Halloween. A lot of the Halloween stuff is already looking a bit picked over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2013 03:26:41 PM »

sent out today! a little bigger of a box than i was initially intending too (almost 3lbs) but i hope nolansmomster, her mom, and nolan love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2013 04:38:38 PM »

Yep, lots of Halloween stuff out here, but the Christmas stuff is being moved in.  A few stores have consolidated the Halloween and started setting up Christmas.  I love both holidays, but I do like them separate! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2013 04:38:57 PM »

sent out today! a little bigger of a box than i was initially intending too (almost 3lbs) but i hope nolansmomster, her mom, and nolan love it all!

The box to you ended up a bit heavier than I anticipated too, but it was too much fun! It also isn't as heavy on crafty items as I had hoped, but it still meets the requirements and is still chock full of Halloween goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2013 05:37:10 AM »

Would you believe, today the big shops brought back/in Halloween!! Shocked They really got their timings wrong if they put out Christmas things first and then Halloween!

@SevsonlyGirl - Yes, I agree - give me one holiday at the time, not all at once! How do the shops manage with Thanksgiving in the US wedged between Halloween and Christmas then? That must be just awful!! Shocked Here in the UK we "celebrate" Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night on November 5th ("Remember, remember the 5th of November"), but that's really just an excuse to set off fireworks in your back garden or bigger displays done by the city. There's nothing else historical done for it apart from the "big bang". Smiley

I digress - got some decorations now to send in another envelope tomorrow to MissingWillow as I couldn't find any flat ones to send in original envelope.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2013 08:09:39 AM »

I usually dress up our mantle and decorate our house from October to the summer, taking a break in the summer months. My traditions for Thanksgiving are more about food and watching the parade. It doesn't matter how old I am, I will watch that parade.  Cheesy  Thanksgiving to me is all about the yummy food I have once a year.  Cheesy

For Halloween, we really decorate the inside of our house, but we have Halloween collections that stay out all year too. We dress up our pets, go to a few parties and buy candy we like because we never have trick or treaters, but I insist that we will have them, so I buy a couple bags.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bohemian Hairstyles at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2012 Fashion Show
How to Make a Natural Mask for Dry Hair
Carolina Herrera Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Tracy Reese Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Hair Extensions Backstage at the Nicole Miller Fall 2012 Fashion Week Show
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...