A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Woven Paper Heart Baskets  (Read 970 times)
Tags for this thread: weave , paper , heart , favors , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pinkonnet
« on: September 21, 2013 12:17:37 AM »

Paper weaving is a fun technique and looks impressive...you could also use this technique to weave some hearts out of beautiful textured papers and stuff them with goodies...they are fast, fun and I am sure kids & adults would enjoy them alike!!! You can try the same with felt material for a long lasting basket! These baskets can be used as party favors, filled with candy, or even as a craft to made during summer vacations...It may look tricky but once you figure them out and get the hang of it, they were so easy and quite addictive!

Danish Flag inspired Woven Heart

Tiled green and pink woven heart

For complete tutorial visit http://www.pinkonnet.com/woven-heart-basket
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013 06:00:53 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helcura
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013 10:37:44 PM »

So . . . weird coincidence - I loved making these with my Mom when I was a little kid and I was just thinking I should look up the pattern, and what should I come upon but your wonderful post.  Thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkonnet
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013 03:28:37 PM »

Hi Helcura,

Glad this tutorial brought back happy memories. Even I found it too addictive...Njoy crafting and make some heart baskets for your near & dear ones.... Smiley

Regards
Pinkonnet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaylefrancis
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013 12:03:37 PM »

These are darling. I need to try them this weekend. I'm not great at using straight visuals to put stuff together, but your full tutorial has enough information I feel like I can probably pull this off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013 02:32:57 PM »

These are very nice. And simple enough for kids, or newbie paper crafters. I have printed some that are more intricate patterns off the internet, too. But I have not yet tried them. Give it a google...there are lots of designs out there. They are very easy to weave, once you get the hang of it. I have done some similar to these with my daughter. In fact, I'm sure I also took it into her classroom and helped the kids there learn how. For Mommy take-home presents.

And a suggestion for the Holidays...these would be great on the tree with tiny treats for the kids {or the kid in all of us!} Made in your choice of holiday colors. Heck, leave your tree up through to Valentines  Roll Eyes I have. It was New Years tree, Valentine, and Easter one year. Redecorated accorgingly. Obviously an artificial tree.

Little Hershey kisses, peppermints, even M&M's... Just watch the dog. People snax...not Scooby snax. Grin

~T

GREAT TUTE. YOU SPELLED THINGS OUT WELL WITH YOUR PHOTOS. A picture IS worth a thousand words, sometimes.

Ooops. Another idea...string these into a form of "bunting" for the mantle, or doorway? I have made itsy bitsy tiny ones, too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013 02:50:08 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Party Caramel-Coated Popcorn Recipe
Party Chocolate Coated Popcorn Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Inviting Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Best Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...