A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,595
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Forest Fairy costume  (Read 1809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2013 09:27:06 PM »

I Love this Corset style mini dress so much If it was a bit smaller I would keep it for Myself !

This would be prefect for sooooo many Halloween costume -Fairy , woodland sprite ,forest Nymph , Pixie , Poison Ivy , leaf goddess , camo princess , swamp fairy , Moss fairy / Zombie swamp zombie and much more

The bodice is super this and sturdy ! Fully lined in Egyptian cotton and quilted in a style inspired By Gibbous designs with 2 rows of boning and strong canvas eyellets for lacing . Layers and layers of scrappy lace and tattered net along with remnants of various green and Earth tone fabrics , bits and pieces of many treasured items even a beautiful silk screened wing and tiny gold leaf charms all stitched together to create the mossy tree bark like effect of this  bodice . The whole thing is finished off with an attached leaf skirt , Many colors and patterns of different green silk/ acetate leaves ombre down to golden fall harvest leaves at the bottom . Two under layers of super soft fabric for comfort !

The bodice is a bit big on Me pictured and would be even more flattering on a larger frame

This is not a " waist cinching " corset . This is a fashion corset -style top. Slightly structured but still comfortable and flexible .

Thanks so much for looking
 Have a great night/ day
Jayne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013 07:29:32 PM »

Quite lovely. I enjoy seeing costumes on this site. Wonderful job, and the fitting of it seems perfect for your figure. I hope you enjoy wearing it!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013 02:05:05 PM »

Your photoshoots are so much fun...because you look like your are having a wonderful time showing off your creations!

Somehow, I can see you wearing this in everyday life...not just as a costume piece...beautiful fun stuff!

You are just the cutest woodland fairy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...