A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,585
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4 inch hoopla  (Read 9004 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

penelopewaits

mama. crafter. nerd. feminist. gardener. lezzer.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 18, 2013 02:04:57 AM »

here's our gallery! can't wait to see your lovely creations! Smiley

original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426487.0#axzz2fEVK2nre
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013 02:29:08 PM »

I'm so excited to see all of the finished hoops! The one I'm making too, for that matter. Better get back on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
fancybutch
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013 06:34:03 PM »

I took a couple days to get pics up but that doesn't mean I am not absolutely in love with my new hoop that johnsonmom2two sent me.

First, an homage to one of my favourite tv shows, Orange is the new Black

and then, she was genius, and made the hoop two sided! yes it's the same hoop!  and the other side

combines two of may favourite themes ever, space and cats!!!!!  yes it's a space cat!  so adorable, love the little jet pack

thank you so much, it's so me!  you did an amazing job

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
BigBangMomma

I can't keep calm...I'm a GOALIE mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013 06:41:02 PM »

I'm really very excited that you love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christmas Ornament Swap: Sent!
sparks
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013 05:29:09 AM »

Orange is the new black -- that is a great take on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013 11:22:35 AM »

Here's the adorable hoopla I received from pioneer9:

Blue kitty and angry Snape! I think they will be best friends forever. I love them--the colors are perfect. Thank you thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013 12:20:08 AM »

My partner received a little while ago so i hope she doenst mind me uploading pics of my hoops that i sent Wink
One was based on one of her fav quotes " best friends for life husband and wife" and the other was inspired by all the love quotes she likes so i named it "Love Grows Here"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013 08:05:50 PM by Ninaprettyballerina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013 05:55:02 AM »

Nina, those are asstounding! Wow, now I feel I should rethink mine. Eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

penelopewaits

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013 08:45:36 PM »

Hmmm...that hoop looks A LOT like one I made for a craft swap a long time ago Smiley

i'm actually a bit upset by this - i designed this one from scratch for my best friend (a marine biologist) and it took a lot of effort and time. i drew the design by hanf, it's not a copy of anything i'd seen before, and i'm really proud of my work.
the original photo of it was uploaded to my flickr back in january 2011 as you can see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64148767@N00/5340978592/in/set-72157623385198787
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013 11:27:34 PM by MareMare - Reason: please don't quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

penelopewaits

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013 08:48:41 PM »

on a pleasanter note, it's great to see some beautiful hoops being posted here. you guys have done some lovely stitching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013 11:27:57 PM »

Global Moderator Comment Hey all, just a reminder that quoting pictures is not allowed, please remove the image tags when quoting pictures.

Also, inspiration can come from many places and it's not unheard of for different people to come up with similar designs. If your project is inspired from someone else's, it's always appropriate to give credit. If you ever feel like your piece was copied without credit, and I'm not saying that's the case here, just in general, please be sure to take those discussions to private message, those do not belong in swap threads.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013 11:33:20 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
pioneer9
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013 03:17:02 PM »

So glad you liked the hoops, hgddm Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparks
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013 06:39:37 PM »

Got my hoops today. That's right HOOPS!!!

I received two amazing hoops this afternoon. (well actually 3, we were partners in this and the Doctor Who swap too)

First up, I got underwater sea turtle hoop with some beading.
(the picture is a little dark and hard to see the double layer of netting)

And a bee inspired hoop
(hehehe, the black and white on the hoop tickled me when I opened it. You will see why when you see one of her hoops)

And from our other swap
a sonic screwdriver hoop

Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013 06:47:01 PM »

Gorgeous hoops! Love the french knot heart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013 07:05:30 PM »

Glad they arrived sparks. Whoops by the look of the turtle one there is a lot of blue and green seed beads in the wrapping cause they' ve fallen off    Undecided and I loved another craftsters altered art (the lovely audio) and when I saw you had it pinned had to make a hoop based on the design.

Can't wait to see yours - shouldn't be too much longer  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparks
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013 08:08:36 PM »

a few, but easily glued back on.

I love them. ( And my kids were very impressed by the realistic details of the hand. My children are not easily impressed. )

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013 03:55:57 AM »

Thanks so much jexxican and hgddm Wink I thought id try some new stitches and learn how to do those dang knots. I got lots a practice w the heart one Wink I just drew a heart and started knotting Wink I'm loving the trio of hoops! The detail is cool w the monopoly bee and the underwater turtle is beautiful. I always feel like its another language being spoken w dr who but the hoop is gorgeous nonetheless. Great work pioneer 9!! Netting who woulda thought!! Great idea.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013 03:08:17 PM by Ninaprettyballerina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
penelopewaits

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013 06:34:02 PM »

such creative ideas - i love the double layer of netting. never seen it before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013 07:25:03 PM »

Thanks so much jexxican and hgddm Wink I thought id try some new stitches and learn how to do those dang knots. I got lots a practice w the heart one Wink I just drew a heart and started knotting Wink

Love that hoop Nina - it's super gorgeous

For the turtle hoop inspiration sparks had this gorgeous hoop pinned by Shuyu Lu who uses the gauziest fabric and embroiders cool scenes onto. So taking sparks love of oceans and turtles and something see-through (closest I could find was netting) - voila!! Here it is pre-beads falling off  Undecided The seaweed at the front is stitched onto wire and sticks out a bit.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013 07:43:43 PM »

My gosh! I am loving all the hoopla goodies. Can I just jump in? When is the next round? Would love to craft for someone, and gain a partner. Please PM me with instructions. I have hoops and plenty of fabulous supplies to make these. Some already on my walls that I have made, and Mom made for me, too. Various sizes, but hoops are cheap!

~T

(Edit: I hope this is not a lurking post. Please keep it here, I may find a wonderful artsy friend?)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013 07:52:43 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
fancybutch
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013 08:14:47 PM »

wow great hoops

the blue kitty is adorable! great style.

the French knots heart is really sweet and romantic.

And turtle on netting, so clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013 02:12:03 AM »

I received 2 of the most spectacular hoops from sparks today.

She told me I would laugh when I saw one of them because we both did a black and white stripe theme - and check this out - Jack Skellington - I have my first piece of Christmas decoration for this year - yeah!!!!

And I love NCIS and Abby in particular - and here is a sweet little embroidery of the goth forensic pathologist with a gigantic cup of Caf-Pow!!!

Thankyou so much sparks - you are the best  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparks
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013 06:07:41 AM »

First, it was a complete pleasure craft swapping with you 'whenindoubtsew'

I had that bit of blue sitting in that hoop for a very long time - a veeerrrrrryyyy long time. I was planning on doing some Whovian inspired for myself, but alas could never decide on what exactly I wanted. As I was stalking your boards and came across the Abby image . . . . AHA! That is what this little lonely hoop was waiting for. And the Jack one was inspired from a yarn weath that was on your pinterest, I decided against embellishments on it. I liked the simplicity of it.

And I will be keeping an eye out for you on sign-ups lists in swaps, as I would love to partner with you in the future.

sparks

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013 09:58:50 AM »

Sparks, wow, what an amazing take on a hoop! That Jack Skellington is super cool.  What a great Abby hoop...who doesn't love her? Loving this Gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013 11:10:34 AM »

My partner received a little while ago so i hope she doenst mind me uploading pics of my hoops that i sent Wink
One was based on one of her fav quotes " best friends for life husband and wife" and the other was inspired by all the love quotes she likes so i named it "Love Grows Here"

Nina thank you so much for posting the hoops you sent to me.  They are fantastic and I love them both, thank you!
I am finally getting caught up with this thread, what a beautiful gallery Smiley  I am stepping out to mail today!  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013 09:09:13 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013 06:22:12 PM »

Hi NH! Its no worries, im glad you liked the hoops!  I cant wait to receive now Wink
xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013 11:08:52 AM »

I received TWO Alaska themed hoops from fancybutch. One is a that adorable moose, and the other is the state flower, the forget-me-not! Thank you so much for giving me a little bit of home to hang on my wall. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013 11:14:03 AM by johnson.mom2two » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013 05:25:20 AM »

Stalking this gallery for the first time. Truly wonderful work here! Makes me want to pick up embroidery again. Maybe I can join the next round if I can come up with some postage money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bacon-flavored pudding...now, THAT would surprise me.  -Walter
penelopewaits

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013 06:36:45 PM »

here's the one i made for mybabyisacommunist, who likes owls Smiley :
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013 07:40:58 PM »

Here is the hoop I sent to pioneer9 Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013 08:46:32 PM »

I received! But I am under duress right now so I can't post. I was spoiled though! It's all perfect! Fancy that, getting matched up with another spinner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013 01:46:14 AM »

Loving the rainbow typewriter Smiley

What a great looking owl!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pioneer9
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013 11:32:58 AM »

hgddm, thanks so much for posting pictures, and thank you again for the awesome, awesome hoop! I absolutely love it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013 10:21:34 PM »

Oooh! I love the rainbow typewriter! That's awesome!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013 11:29:24 PM »

i received!!!  piccies up as soon as i can!!  Thanks so much nh822!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013 07:54:37 AM »

Hooray!!!  I was starting to worry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
jexxican
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013 03:07:52 PM »

Here is my "Stained Glass Tree" from Hazelly. Isn't it perfect?

And a whole crap laod of extras, like a knit bunny! And a spinner's bumper sticker! And some soap! And some fiber samples! And some tea that I can give to my best friend!

And just for fun, here is my current hoopla wall:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013 06:36:44 PM »

These are the hoops i received fromnh822
Arent they cute?  I love geoemetrical designs and the background is great with the chevron pattern!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013 10:51:48 PM »

And just for fun, here is my current hoopla wall:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/188385_22Oct13_img_1224.jpg

The wall is empty!!! I guess that is the fun part? LMAO. I hope you fill it soon. Very nice stained glass hoop. I love the colors on it. And very detailed.

~T
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013 07:21:59 AM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: Per Craftster Regulations, please do not quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
jexxican
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013 06:35:41 AM »

Nina, those satin geometric shapes are great. You are a lucky girl. I like the first one best.

Stillatthetop, I just moved and took down all my hoops. That picture is of my old wall. You can vaguely see in there where all the nails are the held them! Maybe I should have pointed that out better. Oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

hazelly
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013 06:34:08 PM »

Here are my hoops from jexxican!

To be honest, I didn't get it right away Embarrassed, and then my husband said "isn't that your wheel?" and it is!!!

It's my new Ladybug wheel!  See?

What a great idea!  I love them!

And the extras: three handcarved stamps, samples from a rambouillet fleece (haven't tried this breed yet!), and a kerchief from fleece that jexxican processed and spun herself!

I love it all!  Thank you for the fabulous package, jexxican!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013 06:46:38 AM »

Wow, that got there fast. I still don't like the first hoop, it could have been done way better, but I'm glad you're happy with it. And I'm glad your husband was there to help you figure out what I should have written a note about!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

JenniferSavage
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013 04:59:52 PM »

I received two weeks ago, and I thought I had already posted pictures! I'm really sorry about the delay, my world has been a whirlwind of hecticness lately  Roll Eyes

Anyway, penelopewaits sent me a beautiful stitched owl as well as a lovely needle book. I love everything!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013 05:01:11 PM by mybabyisacommunist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can make that!" has been the start of more misadventures than I can count Cheesy
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/ShesASavage

My username was previously MyBabyIsACommunist!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013 11:24:10 AM »

Moderator Comment Hi everyone, it looks like penelopewaits has been offline since the end of October, but because the swap sendouts were over a month ago, I wanted to help clean things up a bit. I have given the following people positive feedback: jexxican, hazelly, and NH822. mybabyisacommunist, I don't have any way of knowing whether or not penelopewaits received from you. If you have a pm from her stating she received, I can fix your feedback as well. Hopefully penelopewaits is just busy and will be back soon. Smiley

Lovely hoops, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...