A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "I want a Harry Potter Birthday!"  (Read 1025 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lettersalad
« on: September 17, 2013 12:40:20 PM »

She took that quite out of the blue. But, being the obedient parents we are, we took to it at once.
Hubby invented a "Quidditch Training Parcour" which incorporates a slack line, cricket balls and goals, a skandinavian game called Kybb which consists of throwing chunks of wood at chunks of wood and - a "find-Wally" image, but it'll be more of a "find-snitch" image.
We'll do some brewing (nonalcoholic cocktails) with Snape and have a lesson in herbs (the kids will have to sniff out garlic, ginger, red pepper and so on), we'll craft wands and have a good time.
Oh, and of course the kids have to be sorted. So I printed out a bunch of original Hogwarts Houses Sign of Arms, we coloured them, enclosed them in plastic and got nice little batches. Every one bears an original Hogwarts pupil's name on them - and the birthday girl will be Hermine Granger. Wink You can fix them to your clothes and wear them!

I printed some chocolate frog boxes and am still gluing them.

I couldn't find some decent chocolate frogs so I'll cover some jelly frogs with chocolate.

My girl ordered me to paint Potter-themed faces to all "Schokoksse" - that one is hard. Try to fit some detail into this d** small chunks.
Ron and Hagrid
Dumbledore and Hermine
McGonagall and Harry. Well, of course you need imagination to recognize them!
Oh, and the invitations - an official Hogwarts Letter, a Hogwarts ticket and a timetable. All printed out and dyed with black tea to give that ancient look - two of them got out by email, looking like this.

Quite some work, and I just hope the weather is stable so we can do the the Quidditch training outside...

Salad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013 12:03:49 PM »

sounds like a fun party! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013 07:56:07 PM »

These look awesome!!! I bet it will be a fabulous party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lettersalad
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013 11:37:07 AM »

It was, indeed. The weather was just fine enough to train Quidditch outside. When everybody got thirsty, I started the potions class. Of course I did Snape honor - I took so many house points away from the kids, I bet they won't be back in black numbers until they are oldngrey. >;> And they just loved being told off by "Snape". We crafted our own wands of polymer clay wrapped around pencils. And we had a wonderful "Nagini"-Snack consisting of a gherkin, cut in rounds, and between each round I put a "pumpernickel" (special bread from germany, made exclusively of rhye, baked for about a day - you can get it readymade, don't worry) with fresh cottage cheese on top.

Salad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Maze Game in Flash Part 1/2
How to Make a Maze Game in Flash Part 2/2
How to Lens Bluring in Photoshop
How to Make the Subject Pop-Out in Photoshop
How to Draw Arrows in Illustrator
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...