A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 9 (Signups Sept. 16 - 30; Sendouts Dec. 1st)  (Read 28555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Deece in MN
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013 08:15:51 AM »

Oh boy, another great swap. Smiley
I am going to think about this one for a bit as I have a lot of projects I need to work on.
But, this sounds so fun!

eta: What a great idea about donating the stocking.  My quilt guild makes about 60 stockings each year to give to kids in need and they love them. We also fill them with the little soaps and lotions from hotels and other little trinkets, gift cards, etc.  It is a great service project.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013 08:18:31 AM by Deece in MN » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarcastra
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013 09:39:02 AM »

So I'm messing with my wist, updating it for the first time in forever, and I'm getting a message saying that they are shutting wists down at the end of the month.  Is everyone else getting that same message, is it a real thing?  lol  Do I need to switch stuff over to my pinterest that I've used like twice?

Uh oh. I went to my wists and tried to add an item. Got the same message as you:
//Wists will be shutting down at the end of September 2013.
If you would like to backup your bookmarks you can use the following link: //
http://wists.com/_YOUR_USERNAME_?out=rdf&rows=X&cols=Y

Inserting your username and using X times Y to control the number of items returned.
If you have any questions, please contact closingdown@wists.com
//

That is the only thing I can find on the matter. There is nothing on their site, nothing on Gawker (their backer), nothing anywhere on the Internets (as of right now) that I can find. This is weird - I know a lot of people still use Wists. I don't know if they've been hacked, or if this is just one of the lamest, quietest shutdowns ever.

That aside, I'll be doing the same as you, princesspimp81, clicking on every link from my Wist and adding it to my bare-until-now Pinterest. Thanks for mentioning this - you have saved my favorites.

Sorry if this got off topic. I was reading through, considering the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013 09:52:40 AM »

Just sent in my questionnaire! Hope whoever my partner is enjoys the book - I think my answers get longer every year!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013 12:50:57 PM »

I really really REALLY want to do this one, but am only letting myself fill out the q once I make some great progress on the MAQ swap. Gives me some great motivation this way! Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013 01:00:25 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire! Hope whoever my partner is enjoys the book - I think my answers get longer every year!  Grin

Im always glad when my swap partners write a lot on the questionair.  It makes crafting for them lots easier.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
princesspimp81
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013 01:05:47 PM »

Yeah that's what I get too Sarcastra.  I didn't delete anything from my wist, but since I don't really understand that message I just put the stuff on my pinterest and then added new stuff to the board I made called Crafster Wishes.

So I'm messing with my wist, updating it for the first time in forever, and I'm getting a message saying that they are shutting wists down at the end of the month.  Is everyone else getting that same message, is it a real thing?  lol  Do I need to switch stuff over to my pinterest that I've used like twice?

Uh oh. I went to my wists and tried to add an item. Got the same message as you:
//Wists will be shutting down at the end of September 2013.
If you would like to backup your bookmarks you can use the following link: //
http://wists.com/_YOUR_USERNAME_?out=rdf&rows=X&cols=Y

Inserting your username and using X times Y to control the number of items returned.
If you have any questions, please contact closingdown@wists.com
//

That is the only thing I can find on the matter. There is nothing on their site, nothing on Gawker (their backer), nothing anywhere on the Internets (as of right now) that I can find. This is weird - I know a lot of people still use Wists. I don't know if they've been hacked, or if this is just one of the lamest, quietest shutdowns ever.

That aside, I'll be doing the same as you, princesspimp81, clicking on every link from my Wist and adding it to my bare-until-now Pinterest. Thanks for mentioning this - you have saved my favorites.

Sorry if this got off topic. I was reading through, considering the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
mom2em
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013 03:38:24 PM »

Will be sending my questionairre in shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013 04:36:38 PM »

I'm so glad everyone's cool with that idea of donating the stocking. So stuff got done and I could officially send in my Q! Yay! New address hurrah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Momof2!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013 03:47:10 AM »

Ahhhh this swap was so much fun last year! I may have to sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013 06:05:31 AM »

Om my goodness !!!!! Just spotted this !!!!!! Away I go - ho ho ho
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stay Comfy and Casual in Chunky Knits
Get Halloween Costume Inspiration from Nicole Richie
How to Spice Up an LBD with a Metallic Trim
Burgundy Leather - Celebrity Looks For Less
Bus Stop Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...