A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rodent Revolution 5 Gallery -Sendout 09/16/2013  (Read 2547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013 10:59:32 AM »

Wow the chinchilla painting is fantastic! And those pink cosies look so soft!

I like the gerbil agility jump & shanty too - what a great idea!  What cute bone fleece too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013 11:28:10 AM »

There are some great things here - some are nearly as good as my parcel!!!! (still feeling VERY spoiled!!!)

am loving the chinchilla picture - wish I could draw / paint / do anything arty!

As for the little fleece Gerbil tunnel  - that is awesome and SO cute!!!!

Sorry but I am going to put a few more photo's in - cos I didn't put enough photos in my first post *sarcasm* but thought you'd like to see my new cage layout using Trekky's wonderful hammocks / bed! Had to totally rearrange the cage as I hadn't left room for the hammocks - as I only have three atm - and ill health prevents me from keeping on top of a big cage (as it is my husband has to do the clean out's sometimes - and he isn't into the rats - he's a star!) it is a littler cage than I am used to having - but the girls are more than happy in it (and it's not small enough to be too small for them!)

The whole cage so you can see where I've fitted everything in. The upturned pink (bleurgh!) basket has got bedding underneath - it is a form of enrichment for them to figure out how to get at it

Blackie / Blackster (different name depending on the day lol!) on top of the tunnel hammock - while they've been inside - I didn't think it would make an interesting picture to show the tunnel with a lump!

Blackie and Lola in the 'bed' together!!! I actually put this in last night and had a nervous breakdown when I came down this morning as they had tried to pull it into their sputnik (the black and purple thing in bottom left corner - and had chewed through it - it was strewn across the floor and looked ruined - and I hadn't got a pic even! Luckily when I got it out it was still the bed shape - just with a few holes - so that was a relief! These are the first lot who have not chewed hammocks up - so was a major shock to see they'd got this one! Am hoping now they know it doesn't fit in the sputnik they may leave it alone - and indeed they haven't tried to eat it at all today!

Nony (I could NOT think of a name for her so my partner decided she would be Nony - as in A Nony Mouse! Yes - I know she's a rat - but it stuck!) and Lola in the corner hammock

Lastly, this is a picture of my rat that died during the swap (Scruffy) and the pose she was SO often in (as she is pink eyed she had even worse vision than most rats who don't have great vision-so she would stick her head in the air and sway from side to side in order to use her other senses to see where she was - ie smell, whiskers and to be able to see slightly)- hopefully you can see although it is a weird angle shot of her - why the rat on the front of the handmade journal reminded me of her!

Thank you so much again Trekky - you went way overboard with the spoiling (not that I'm complaining!) and just hope you enjoy your parcel as much as I am mine!

XXX
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013 04:15:50 AM »

That rats look like they are enjoying their new decor!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Carbine_corgi
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013 08:37:42 AM »

First off, I am so excited that your Gerbies loved the goodies! I tried to make everything strong as I know those lil angels can chew!

Secondly, I LOVE MY PACKAGE! I received from GerbalGal and got totally spoiled! All the goodies for the boys have been put in their cage, the girls new cage still hasn't arrived yet but once it is build they will go straight in as well!

These are the Girls toys! A fleece tunnel from etsy! (love that fabric) A jingle chew ball. A barbel jump with Coke and Sprites name on it! A lil Tassle toy (it jingles!). A name plate for their new cage and a toilet paper roll toy decoration! The girls have a heart and the boys have a mustache!

Adorible Hats! For photo ops!

Name plates for the boys! So cute. Mr. Pibb and Fanta, and Tab!

The Knitted Tube! (this is the boys favorite!) I had to hook it to the side of the cage so they wouldnt try to steal it!

The tassel! They love it.

Barbel jumps, with their names on it! The boys have two!

Close up of the barbel!

Top view of the boy's swag

the second level with their mustache toy!

My Gear, mini guineapig<3 , Guinea Plushey! <3 and Guinea Pig Keychain! <3

I had a great time, and an a amazing partner! Can't wait for the next one Gerbalgal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-If only corgi ears could pick up radio signals....-
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013 01:39:14 AM »

What great guinea pig goodies! I really like the jumps and name plates.  And can't wait to see any of the piggies wearing the hats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013 03:35:10 AM »

I received a fabulous package from Feline2001 this morning... here is picture overload as I have been truly spoilt!

Firstly look at the cute monkey wrapping paper!

Treats for me & the piggies

Some great christmas & fish fabrics!

A big cosy sack!  With cute owl fleece lining.

And matching tunnel!

A guinea pig treat box (not sure if i'm going to put my treats or gp treats in this  Grin)

A furry throw toy for the gps, Feline2001 kindly send me an array of eye options as she wasn't sure what the beasts are allowed to have - thank you! Smiley  It is super soft I'm sure they are going to love throwing this and cuddling up to it!

A printed bag made from pillowcases!  This is brilliant! 

Not one, but 5 sets of earrings!

action shot!  (i've already decided I'm wearing this pair to a wedding i'm off to next month!)

Plus a cute fleece blanket!

Yarn! (I've have an idea or two for this!)

Thank you Feline2001 for the amazing package! Me & the beasts are very grateful!  And thank you gerbilgal for organising this swap!

Ps) one more picture... Mark & Jeremy in their new cosy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013 04:44:31 AM »

Just saw on USPS tracking that my package to Leashhh was finally delivered! (Yay!)

So, since it won't be spoiling any surprises, here are the pics I took of what I made for Leashhh before sending out (sorry about the rushed "carpet-photos"!):

Since she has ferrets, I decided I wanted to crochet a ferret amigurumi:

I found a really cute pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ferrets but I made some changes to the pattern (leaving off the eyes and ears) to make the 'gurumi completely smooth and ferret-safe...crocheted using cotton yarn for safety and durability.

Next, I made a stretchy "bed" or giant "cuddle cup" for her fur babies; it was inspired by this item that I saw on her pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/150659550004276188/

I created the pattern myself: inside is fleece, outside is cotton. And I filled it with fleece scraps and swatches that the babies can cuddle with when they are inside Smiley

Lastly, I added a necklace I made using polymer clay and glass beads...I thought it went nicely with the colors of the other items, and would be something special for Leashhh:

Thanks for looking! Leashhh: hope your furbabies love their items Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013 08:53:34 AM »

Really glad you liked your package Trekky - I meant to say the Chimp paper was as a tribute to your amazing zoo day!!! Yey glad the Guinea pigs fit in the cosy - and hopefully tunnel too - I was wondering if they were too small (or even too big!)

Am really glad you like the earrings - and even better you're wearing some to a wedding!

I'm gutted about how the Capybara's came out on the bag - it was the first time I'd used the paste and I forgot about the green of the bag effecting it! In fact - everything to do with the bag was first time - first time using freezer paper for the name, first time dying fabric, first time sewing something so big on the machine, first time using interfacing! Which I now wish i'd used for the GP tube / cosy - might have looked better than the foam!

Am loving the crochet ferret and it's bed (will look into doing something similar for my girlies!) also the necklace is really pretty!

Love the whole package from Gerbilgal  - especially the knitted tube and the name plaques! Mind you - having had the pleasure to be Gerbilgals partner in the first round I knew she would send an awesome package!

Gerbilgal - can we have another please?! Thanks very much for organising this one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013 11:32:23 AM »

WingsOfClay - the necklace is very pretty!  And that bed looks very cosy!  Great crochet too!

Feline2001 - the pigs do fit through the tunnel, Jeremy had a quick run through it earlier, but then the both snuggled in the cosy for ages.  So much so, that I had to wake them up to put them back in their cage as I had to go out, and they had been in there snoozing for about an hour!  Cheesy

I am amazed that you dyed the fabric too!  Wow! Plus, I've already started to eat the chocolate wafer rolls - delicious!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013 04:56:41 AM »

If anyone wants to try making the giant cuddle bed, here is the pattern I created:

--Lay a piece of prewashed cotton on a piece of prewashed fleece.

--Using a sharpie tied on a string, draw a giant circle. The circle for mine had a radius of 17 inches (diameter of about 34 in.), so the sharpie was on a 17 inch length of yarn, which I held down at center point with one hand, and drew a large perfect circle with the other. (string + marker = ultimate compass hack)  Grin

--Cut out circle and sew two pcs together, leaving small opening to turn.

--Turn, and now sew around edges again, created tunnel for elastic.

--Run elastic thru tunnel, using a giant safety pin at the end of the elastic to work it thru with your hands (another handy sewing hack).

--Sinch elastic tight and tie off; close sm opening with hand stiches or machine.

--Fill center with scraps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Escapist News Now: Darth Maul Star Wars Game Leaked
Wargame: Red Dragon - Launch Trailer
Trials Fusion - Launch Trailer
4 Gaming Easter Eggs Better Than Battlefield’s Giant Shark
SMITE - God Reveal: Kumbhakarna, The Sleeping Giant
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...