A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rodent Revolution 5 Gallery -Sendout 09/16/2013  (Read 2922 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2013 07:02:54 AM »

Post them when you get them!!

Original Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425823.0

Sent
Received
Sent and Received
Feedback Given
Contact me please
Sending Late with communication
Feedback Given

Partners:

Trekky              - Feline2001      
Carbine-Corgi    - gerbilgal
leashhh          - WingsOfClay
happycannibal   - angielou

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013 04:44:50 AM by gerbilgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013 05:19:12 PM »

Woot I get to be the first to post in the Gallery Smiley

Warning - extreme spoilage = many pictures!!!

Before I post any pictures though - I have to apologise - the parcel from Trekky is going to set the bar very very high! I was spoiled SO much - even my partner commented on it and called it "one of my best swap parcels to date"! The best thing about the whole swap though - is that I feel I have made a great friend in my partner!

So - Friday afternoon there was a knock on the door - and a parcelforce man stood there with a MASSIVE box in his hand - I was trying to keep our Springer in the house - and he handed me the parcel - then, when both hands were full he asked me to sign for it! That was fun!!!

This is what I saw when I opened the box:

When I was allocated Trekky as a partner - I noticed she was Scottish - and had sent Tablet to previous partners (Tablet is a rather delicious Scottish treat - think very sweet fudge!) well, my Nanny June, who was my hero - and who died last year, used to live in Scotland - and I spent many a happy holiday with here while I was growing up. She moved to England about 10 years before she died - but her heart was always in Scotland. Anyhow - as a child holidaying there - I loved the local sweets - and knew the taste of tablet would bring back many memories for me, of happy childhood days and a very missed Nanny June, so asked if she could possibly send me some - to which she agreed. Imagine my surprise when I found all of this scottish confectionary in my box - it made me cry, there was so much stuff there that was so familiar - and brought back so many memories! The best thing? I'm on a diet atm - so it will last me for a LONG time!!! (I will be having a small amount of things each day - as am allowed 300 calories worth of treats) - Trekky, I can't tell you how much this meant to me - thank you SO much! There were also nibbles for my rats - which made me laugh! When I first went shopping for Trekky and her GP's - I bought them a seed thing - then got home reread the questionnaire and realised the GP's do not eat them - so I gave it to my rats - she sent me the exact same thing I had bought - saying a friend gave me to them but the GP's dont eat them - so I thought your rats might like them - well they certainly do - they enjoyed the one that was meant for the GP's! LAstly were a couple of Ratatouille Pin badges Smiley

And as if that wasn't enough - I got all these wonderful handmade goodies - I dont know where she found time to do it all!

First a winter set for me - some fingerless mitts, a beautiful cowl, and a wonderful hat - that actually fits me - (I have a huge head!)

Then - all these wonderful sleeping places for my girls - a corner  hammock, a hanging 'tube' hammock - and a wonderful bed - which I think they are going to adore (they much prefer sleeping 'on' things to sleeping 'in' things

After that came a handmade journal / notebook / scrapbook - which also made me cry. Trekky didn't do it on purpose (I asked her!) but the rat reminds me so much of Scruffy (she had red eyes and couldnt see properly so always had her head up scannino side trying to work out what was near her - where she wanted to go etc - also, the thread is multicoloured - which immediately made me think of "Rainbow Bridge" Scruffy was the rat I lost during this swap - and up until receiving that book I had been unable to cry for her - so it was good to finally have a good cleansing cry and start to move on.

Then - these beautiful notelets - most of them will be sent to people - BUT I am most definitely keeping one to put in a frame! They are too amazing to send them ALL off!

A close up of the cards:

Lastly were some recycled rat tunnels - which I am going to let them play with during free range time! They came with a note saying "yes I DID wear these trousers" which slightly surprised me - as my first thought on seeing them was - "Wow - I want a pair like them!"

Now - I can't leave this post without any action shots - so here is a few of them enjoying the bed and the trouser tunnel - I am too much of a mess atm to model the winter set - but I will do tomorrow hopefully!

I really can not thank you enough Trekky - you have been an AMAZING partner! There is only one thing I am upset about with the parcel - I am unable to match your wonderfulness - so now got extreme swap anxiety! (That is a joke btw - well the being upset bit is)

Thanks also to Gerbilgal for organising (I was so caught up in the wonderfulness of my partner - I nearly forgot to thank you - sorry! Also, thank you so much for the lovely email you sent me at the beginning of the swap - that meant so much to me!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013 04:38:32 AM »

Ahhh!  I love the action shots of the rats in the cosy and the trouser tunnels!  So cute!

Oops!  I hope I don't ruin your diet!   Smiley

I had some purple yarn and thought I would try the hat (glad it fits!), and that didn't take too long, so I thought I'd make matching mitts, and then I thought hey I've still got lots of yarn left I'll add a cowl.  I was a little worried that I wouldn't finish in time, but fortunately the cowl was a good tv knit!

Glad you liked the package, can't wait to see this gallery fill up!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Carbine_corgi
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013 09:30:27 AM »

OMGOSH What great goodies! Way to go Trekky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-If only corgi ears could pick up radio signals....-
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013 09:10:46 AM »

OMG----such an amazing package, loaded with treats and beautiful handmade treasures! yes!

I know this gallery is gonna EXPLODE with pics in the next few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
Carbine_corgi
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013 11:15:09 AM »

Got notice that my goodies where delivered today. Can't wait to get home and get it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-If only corgi ears could pick up radio signals....-
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013 12:26:05 PM »

Am glad you all are as impressed with my goodies as I was! Did I get lucky or what??? I just hope trekky enjoy a her loot even half as much as I do mine!

Can't wait for other crafty pics to be added to the gallery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
angielou1
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013 06:15:44 PM »

I received from partner "hippycannibal" today!
For some reason had trouble logging on and I keep kicking myself out Roll Eyes. I'm also having trouble uploading photos. I can only upload 1 photo so I'm going to post a photo of everything received for now and again try later.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013 06:57:40 PM »

I received from partner "hippycannibal" today!
For some reason had trouble logging on and I keep kicking myself out Roll Eyes. I'm also having trouble uploading photos. I can only upload 1 photo so I'm going to post a photo of everything received for now and again try later.

LOVE love that purple-and-gold contrast on the painting, the bright pink "minky" fabric, and looks like some fun twine toys there! what a great package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013 06:36:35 AM »

Here are all the goodies that carbine-corgi has sent me. The box was even decorated! Lots of pictures coming.

A gerbil shanty. That went to Bobby. An agility jump. A bunch of hanging chew toys. A nice cross marker for Chloe and a chew toy. Chew toy went to Mommy Clarice and Aster. Oat Groats to make mommy's tonic. A little play tunnel. So soft! A cuddle cup.  Everything is so cool. Gerbil love the new toys. The circular one with the ribbon is with Rocket and Smokey. Smokey likes playing with it.  thanks for everything! You did great. I also got a little canister for extra stuff. It will hold mommy's meds. The only tiny branch on the marker almost broke off. I fixed it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Together a Scrapbook
How to Put Together a Vintage Style Scrapbook
How to Choose Scrapbook Papers
How to Create Iron On Transfer Patterns
How to Pick Scrapbook Supplies
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...