A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Swap round 9 gallery  (Read 8908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chughes225
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013 01:31:24 PM »

Wow everything is looking great. I can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013 09:14:21 PM »

Wow...love the crocheted doctor...that's awesome!!! Everything is awesome!!
Looks like I have some pinning to do!!!!

Here' a few quick shots of the patches and buttons....

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 09:34:40 PM by GrindHouseHussy19 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013 01:15:58 PM »

I received today from theboywonder.  He did an amazing job and I love everything.
Heres a pic of the lot

For my item hand stamped Tardis notecards! I wish I needed to write a note right now

next for my fav doctor an 11th necklace which I am wearing now. I have a feeling my daughter will be stealing it soon

for my favorite episode a set of coasters from the van gogh episode.  They are beautiful.

And for my companion...a cross-stitch hoop with all my fav companions and the tardis. It is amazing and all ready hanging on the wall.

Thank you so much for a wonderful package. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013 02:37:59 PM »

Great work Theboywonder!
I'm loving the note cards and the hoopla!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theboywonder
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013 03:12:18 PM »

Great work Theboywonder!
I'm loving the note cards and the hoopla!

Thanks! I seriously loved crafting for chughes225.

I received and I am going to try to post pictures, if I can do it from my tablet. Otherwise it may have to wait until tomorrow. I'm so thrilled with everything. I loved this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, just ask!
theboywonder
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013 03:23:41 PM »

Really hoping this works...

First, there's a super cool exploding Tardis tablet sleeve. My favorite episode is 'Vincent and the Doctor', while this is not technically part of the episode, it is the painting that Vincent did, so I think it counts.  I could not be any more impressed! I love the picture and actually have a print of the poster on my wall.

Next we have a Union Jack 'Bad Wolf' T-shirt. Rose is my favorite companion, so it's perfect.

And an awesome bag. 10 is my favorite and she chose a color that reminded her of 10's coat and she put allons-y on it in circular gallifreyan. I think it's pretty fantastic.

And for my favorite item a Tardis paper pieced quilted pillow! So cool!

I had such a great time with this swap. Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013 04:43:26 PM »

Such awesome packages! GHH, love the towels and the Cassandra hoop, and those patches are so cool. FiberAlchemist, love the sonic screwdriver stamp and the vashta nerada hoop.  Hollycopter, clever idea with the tea wallet and the clay 10 is adorable. theboywonder, love the Tardis notecards and  the coasters. chughes, love that Bad Wolf shirt I so need one of those and the Tardis pillow and tablet sleeve are awesome. Did you paint the tablet sleeve or is it printed?

Can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013 09:33:35 PM »

@theboywonder ~ love love love the hoopla!!! If u don't mind me asking what did u use to make the coasters. Fantastic!!!

That shirt!!! Love it!!!!! I think that is going on my very long to do list!!!

This gallery is amazing!!! So pinning!!! hahahaha Great job so far to all!!! So excited to receive and to see more!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theboywonder
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013 03:34:43 AM »

@theboywonder ~ love love love the hoopla!!! If u don't mind me asking what did u use to make the coasters. Fantastic!!!

That shirt!!! Love it!!!!! I think that is going on my very long to do list!!!

This gallery is amazing!!! So pinning!!! hahahaha Great job so far to all!!! So excited to receive and to see more!!

Thanks! The cross stitch was a modified 'wee little stitches' pattern. The original also had martha and river, but I just used her favorites. I made the coasters with 4" ceramic tiles that I picked up at Home Depot. I printed the images out on card stock and used Nunn designs glue to stick them on. I did a few layers of the same glue on top and then sprayed them with the mod podge sealer that comes in a spray paint bottle. That stuff has to be sprayed outside because of fumes, but I've found that it works great as a sealer for things like coasters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013 10:12:51 AM »

Yesterday I received an amazing package from the wonderful silentblair!  She attached "spoilers" to each item so I will share some of that text as well (because it's too fun not too).

One of my favorite villains in the Silence, so she sent me this cool coffee mug to help me keep track of how many I see.  "This is a mug River kept to get that caffeine jolt that we all know keeps her nice and sassy!  She had seen so many Silence that this morning she ran out of room on her arm and started using the next available object... her mug."

Second Blair decided to focus on Rory for my favorite companion.  She sent me this penny charm bracelet to commemorate Rory the last CENTurian! (sorry the photo is a little fuzzy, my camera was not playing well with others)

For my favorite episode, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. "The Doctor sure did love that Triceratops... In my head I want to think he might've stitched this up to remember him by."

And finally for the Doctor "I couldn't choose.  It's like choosing a favorite child... I decided to incorporate ALL your favorite Doctors on these shoes."  SHOES!!! Hand painted shoes that feature all my favorites, 4, 5, 7 and 11!  I love them... squee!

Thumbnails to show off all the awesomeness!

Here is a group shot of everything, including some extras (a perler bead TARDIS and bow tie, and a pocket TARDIS).

Thank you so much Blair!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Porsche
How to Draw a Blue Neko Girl
Whitechapel Gallery Digital Art Exhibit: When Artists and Geeks Collide
Creating Alternate Versions of Your Photos
Selective Noise Reduction with Camera Raw
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...