A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cheapest (and best) way to package fridge magnets?  (Read 648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2013 12:56:07 PM »

Hi! I'll be participating in a xmas bazaar and am going to be selling, among other things, resin fridge magnets.

What's the best way to package them when someone buys one?

It seems to be the best option to sell them stuck onto a piece of metal but where do I get small pieces of metal for cheap? These magnets are cast in ice cube trays.

It'd be great to sell each one in it's own Altoids-type "tiny tin" but that'll get too expensive....unless someone knows of a source where I can get the tiny tins in bulk and that have no writing on them?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013 12:57:24 PM by Hippie9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013 02:53:02 PM »

You can get blank tins a few places, like Specialty Bottle.  They run 86 cents each, you could in theory remove the tops from the bottoms and get two for one for selling your magnets.  There may be a cheaper source, try searching for rectangular hinged tins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Krissy.me
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013 10:34:42 AM »

I know this is an old thread, but it's posting about a Christmas bizarre. 

Adding a tin to package the magnet in when it's sold is going to add up to your costs considerably. 

There are plenty of suppliers that sell them.  I shop at SKS for some of my containers and they do have good prices compared to other vendors.  But metal jars are not cheap..... 
http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/SearchIndexMetal.html

But why not just keep a roll of bubble wrap close at hand, you could pre-rip them into sheets and a roll of tape to quickly wrap the magnet up and secure it with a bit of scotch tape?  It would protect the magnet until it's arrived home, and be a bit more cost effective.   

Buyers might not like the extra cost of the tin, and then not really have a use for it after.   I guess to me it would seem odd packaging them in a tin after purchase..... 

You could also print out a label on a sheet of regular size address labels and quickly pop on onto the outside of the bubble wrap.  That way it wouldn't get lost unlike a business card could.... to advertise your items if you sell them online as well.  You never know they may be a repeat buyer or buy as gifts.

I use a purchased program for most of my labels but for labels for round jars that are the same I do use this program.
http://www.onlinelabels.com/general/maestro-label-design-software-pricing.aspx
If you have your own labels and print for free, it does print words on the first row of labels, so you do have a bit of waste that way.  But I also buy my labels from them so I get the program for free with my purchase of labels.   You can save you designed labels and then print out an entire sheet of them.   And you can do some pretty neat stuff with the program!   Just some food for thought.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make soap and other "cosmetics" as defined by the FDA and in my spare time I sew.... Sewing is therapy for me in dealing with life stresses and my chronic pain.  When I hurt and can't sew, I plan what I want to sew.  I also have a great husband, three kids and three fur kids.....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tyrant: The Final Look - A Polished Creative Look
How to Get Sexy, Full-Bodied Hair
Moroccan Inspired Hairstyles at the Tadashi Shoji FW 2014 Show
How to Get the Haircut You Want
Celeb Stylist Ashley Javier on How to Get Retro-Glam Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...