A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 16504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2013 03:14:39 AM »

You all are making this Georgia girl feel cold just thinking of the weather you have to endure.  I think weather is one of the biggest reasons I could never live anywhere else.  We have as many 70 degree winter days as 32 degree ones.  The only down side to that is that we will occasionally be in in short sleeves and sandals on Christmas day even up here in North Georgia.  I despise cold weather but Christmas is supposed to be cold (I gave up on white Christmas's as a child).

Okay, I rec'd my July OPS prize.  Grab a Coffee supplied the prize so you already know it's gotta be good.  I went out on a limb and asked her to make something that I'd had my eye on, but that was something she doesn't normally make.  She graciously said yes and completed my gift with her usual amazing attention to detail.  How does anyone get every single one of their stitches that uniform when hand stitching?  That amazes me.

Anyway; here is my custom made flower themed tic tac toe game!  This will be a gift for a little girl who is obsessed with filling all "waiting times" with a game of tic tac toe. 

http://felteddreams.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/s5001513.jpg

For some reason my computer won't allow me to move the actual image from grab a coffee's blog but that's the link to the pictures.  She said it was okay to use her pics.  In addition to doing such amazing felt work, she also takes incredible photos. 

Thanks so much Esther, I love it and I know my little friend will just adore her new game!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alterknitive

What fun creativity is!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013 05:15:13 AM »

-50 Dessadoll?  I thought we had it bad in London!  We've just had a very long, hot summer (lots of hanging the washing out, until the washing line broke  Embarrassed), but almost overnight, it's now chilly and rainy.  Summer is most definitely over for us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be the change you wish to see in the world", Mahatma Gandhi
Grab a coffee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2013 06:02:00 AM »

Thanks a lot, Teresa for the kind words! You really made my day! It's raining here, so it might be because of the weather, but I can say, I am down now...
How to start? ... You know, I have an online shop, what I started like a year ago, and started to work a bit harder this year. I thought, it will work as a small income every month (I really not dreaming about anything big, but if I could sell 1-2 jewelry per month, I would be more than happy.) I learnt a lot of things about that (e.g. to earlier mentioned 'how to take photos of your work' things... but ofc, I am trying to use social media, and the whole 'etsy-era' at all...) I have some followers there (and ofc. on my blog, etc...), but ... nothing...
Then, I made some sales offer for the summer with the fact that I won't upload my new work until September. No sales at all. Then I made some jewelry for the NFL season (choose my fav' team, to have a chance to make a targeted ad campaign) - ran 1 day, 3600 impressions --> 9 clicks at all.. for 8 USD. No sales at all!
So, after 1 year of hard work, lot of time and money invested, and I had only 1 real sales at all... This morning I just pick-packed all of my stuff, and boxed them, and put it at the topmost shelf at the wardrobe...
Then I've got this message from Teresa... so what to do? ... Smiley

I have started to draw some felt finger puppet plans already... but still... don't know how to do better...  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2013 06:32:05 AM »

Dessadoll, I agree that the lower half  of the province is beautiful, and the extreme north is gorgeous.  You'd think growing up here meant I was used to the -50 thing, but I just can't stand it.  No going anywhere anytime soon, though. We have to many commitments here for now.  I'll live, but cuddled up in my house with my kiddos and hubby and animals for warmth Wink

That prize you made is great, Grab a Coffee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu

Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2013 04:26:37 PM »

west virginia isnt to bad, some times the winter weather blows (i think worst i've seen was either last year or year before, n it was close to -30...) I'd love to move to somewhere without snow! ice on the roads here is freakin deadly....honestly i hate cold christmasses, went out to my grandmothers once and skid on the ice almost went into the creek >.>

my socks didnt dye the way i wanted them do (meh!!), but the football game went good =D 41 to 7 hahaha!!!!!! on another note, should be shipping dessa's box here soon =^.^=
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2013 07:58:40 AM »

I finished up one of ChrissyCrafts market bags last night, and am halfway done with the second one.  I'll be working on that during the drive to Coney Island (!) for lunch today!  I am very glad I won't be late with this claim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2013 09:26:47 AM »

nisforneville's claim is done!  Woot!  should be in the mail tomorrow!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat cancer!

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2013 04:39:59 AM »

im still working on my claim for the skull scarf, I have 5 done but not stitched together. the market bag im working on is gonna be cool but i'll be crocheting a lot this week Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS round 107, 108 & 109
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2013 05:28:45 PM »

I want to make a suggestion that I hope nobody takes offense at...

If you could include a note with your screen name and what swap you are sending from inside the packages you send, it would be soooooo helpful.

I'm in the OPS, OWS, and the OHWLS, and I'm also OCD about emptying out my inbox, so sometimes I don't know who exactly the package is from or what swap it's for, and then I have to go searching thru the swaps to find you.

It would be very much appreciated!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Grab a coffee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2013 11:26:31 PM »

Good idea, sometimes I have to check the forums, if I can find some 'real names'. I decided to collect all package transfers in an excel file (as I almost forget what I have to send and when this month), so I will a bit more organized. Smiley And then, I'll have the addresses in a good place, so I don't have to check my personal messages here, if I am claiming someone who already got a package from me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 5/5
How to Crochet a Half Pinwheel Border
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 1/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...