Time to Quilt your Happiness!
What makes you happy about quilting? Trying a new technique? Working with fabric from your favorite designer? Maybe a particular pattern or technique you love?
1. Enter your project (one project per user) in this category as a new thread starting Monday, October 14th through Monday, October 21st.
2. Title your project "Quilting My Happiness: (your title here)."
3. There are no size parameters for this challenge, but your project must be quilted.
4. Include some progress pics if you can!
5. Explain what about creating this project makes you happy.
6. This should be a new project that you've never posted before.
7. Voting will open Tuesday, October 21st and run through Tuesday, October 29th.
A brand new copy of the recently released book Quilting Happiness
, by Diane Gilleland and Christina Lane. This book is so much fun! I attended the book launch party and came away full of ideas and inspiration!
Is it the finished quilt itself, or the experiences you had while making it? Do you find more joy in designing a beautiful pattern or in improvising as you go? Are you happiest when making quilts for yourself or for others? Whether it is delighting in the colors and textures of your materials to the sweet satisfaction of curling up under a handmade quilt, quilting holds infinite possibilities for exploring the many joys of creativity.
In Quilting Happiness
, you will find 20 timeless, adaptable quilting projects that will invite you to try a variety of design styles, as well as a wealth of tips and techniques, inspiring stories, and creative exercises to help you discover even more reasons to love quilting. Learn to make an inspiration board, create more meaningful quilts, or find lifelong quilting friends. Use this book again and again as a guide throughout your quilting life to spark your imagination on each rereading. Embrace new ideas on your quilting adventures and enjoy wherever they take you.