A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91642 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #800 on: November 26, 2013 10:14:40 AM »

Glad to hear from you again Pinkleo Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Hedge-hog pun-cushion
Brief Description:
Woops, I kind of messed up myt Transfiguration homework! I transformed my hedgehog into a pun-cushion instead of a pincushion! I hope McGonnagal grants me that I've gotten close and that in a pinch, you could use a puncushion as a pin-cushion (you'd need earplugs though, it's noisy!) and doesn't have my hide for messing up this practicum  Undecided
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: November 26, 2013 01:10:49 PM »

~*Deputy Headmistress casts Homonculous Charm - You are here!*~

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: November 26, 2013 06:27:43 PM »

Huzzah!  I've just done a total, and it seems I've finished my NEWT!  103 charm bracelets in 74 days!  Whoo!  And I might even be able to get a few more done before the 30th, when I promised myself I'd take a bit of a break.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
netchez
« Reply #803 on: November 26, 2013 09:45:48 PM »

Class: Bertie Botts Bean - popcorn
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Popping the socks
Project Link: Red Heart Dorm Socks, LW1533 handout
Brief Description:  This is only the second pair of socks I have ever done, but Maddy wanted some socks when she saw the others I did.  That was quite a while ago, but I never got going on it.  Then I saw this yarn at the store and asked her how she liked it.  She loved the bright colorspopping!  So here they are.  I used Caron Simply Soft Paints yarn in "Rainbow Bright".

Project Picture:

I DID IT!  I finally finished my OWL!
OWL Subject & Option (if available): History of Magic - option 3
Project Name: Hufflepuff Afghan
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)  Many years ago I started an afghan in yellow and orange (which was the rage back then).  Going through my stash I found these partially done granny squares and lots of orange and yellow yarn.  These colors no longer appealed to me, so I removed ALL of the orange and replaced it with black.  I then crocheted more squares to finish the afghan.  I had thought it could be done in three weeks, but was I wrong!  I finally finished it  and put it on the bed but before I could take a picture Maddy crawled under it and took a nap.  It covers a twin bed, but I can't seem to pry it loose from the grandkids.
Project Picture: before and after

Note:  Finally after close to 30 years, this afghan is done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #804 on: November 27, 2013 06:11:12 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SPEW + Bertie Bott's - Popcorn
Project Name: Christmas Wreath
Brief Description: Someone from one of our nursing homes came by my work and asked if we'd decorate and donate a Christmas wreath for a charity auction they're having.  I was the only one who was excited about the project so I got to decorate it all by myself.  I used mini jingle bells, branches from a bush in my yard (it might be holly), battery-opperated lights, a big gold bow, and small red ornaments to add that pop of color.

Project Picture:

I was really hoping to at least finish all of the classes this semester, but I'm heading off to the Land of No Internet at my grandpa's house until Sunday.  Sad  Oh well, there's always Winter Semester!  This semester has been great fun though, and I'm glad I got to spend it with all of you crafty Harry Potter fans!  Thanks so much to Pinkleo and Mistress Jennie for hosting!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: November 27, 2013 10:58:03 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Grumpy Cat Squishy
Brief Description: The cat I decided to study is named Tard. Tard is a very normal cat except for her face, she always seems to be grumpy! So in honor of her I made a squishy thing and attempted to embroider her expression on to it. I just couldnt master the look. I guess there can only be one grumpy cat.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Sign the Parchment
Project Name: Fezzes are cool
Brief Description: I had the hardest time figuring out what exactly is my signature craft because I have so many different ones I love doing. I came to the conclusion that my signature craft is not really a medium, its more of me crafting my nerdiness. I decided to crochet myself a fez for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. It was my first attempt at not using a pattern and although it turned out awesome looking, it is more of a doll size than an adult human size.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Frog Choir
Project Name: Psychic Paper
Brief Description: I decided to study the texture of my frog.  I found that it looked mostly smooth with some slight bumps kinda like a fake leather fabric. So that is what I used to make myself some Psychic Paper for my 50th Party.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Popcorn
Project Name: Cookies are Cool
Brief Description: Sadly I dont get to watch the new Who episode until after Thanksgiving. So Ive been distracting myself from spoilers by making all sorts of Whovian things. Including these delicious sugar cookies with just a pop of Who.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #806 on: November 27, 2013 04:02:06 PM »

Challenge: DA signture peice
House; ravenclaw
project: all wrapped up for advent
I thought long and hard about what my signature piece would be. Socks, maybe, except I don't think of myself as a knitter - more an embroiderer... except my work in that media is so varied I couldn't narrow it down to one specific thing. Then someone posted on facebook about missing my gift wrapping service that I run each christmas at work (I charge 2 a present, to cover the cost of paper, ribbons & tags, and any profit goes to a Horse charity becasue the show I work on is about horses) - and I thought that kick-starting that with a big project this year would be fun, and good advertising. But... what could I make that involved gift wrapping? An advent calendar with 24 wrapped small gifts, of course!

I covered a shoebox in brown paper, so that it still opened and closed with a hinged lid, and lined it with gold tissue - each present is then wrapped in a brown paper with green & red trim colour scheme - I used a few types of twine, some coloured ribbons, some wooden letters, basically a hodge podge of left over bits that worked within that theme. And I brought white stationary labels, tea stained them and stamped them for most of the tags (others I stamped straight to the wrapping)

then I closed the lid with more twine to hold it shut til December

Challenge: Popcorn Bean
House: ravenclaw
Project; pop it on hat
My mum was raving about the hat I gave my sister for her birthday, so I've done her a matching one for christmas - in white to go with her ''ski wear'' (she doesn't ski; she ''apres skies'' - sits in a cafe drinking hot chocolate and reading, all cosied up in woollens when the weather is rubbish).
this hat is chunky wool on 12mm needles, so even for a beginner like me it's popped off your needles before it's popped on (done in 3 hours!!)

Challenge: November Detention
project: The hat of ripping back.
I ripped this hat back so many times. It just became too depressing. and so it sat looking like this on my needles for ages (this is just after the 4th start over)

but, since I had to sit in detention anyway, after a few weeks ignoring it I figured I'd force myself to crack on ... and voil! It's so far from perfect it's ridiculous - there are a million dropped stitches, and weird tension issues, and all that. But it's my first 'proper' project with non-massive wool and a real pattern to follow, and it's done and wearable, so I'm happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

« Reply #807 on: November 27, 2013 05:02:16 PM »

~*COMPLETED NEWT HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: CoMC
Project Name: Birdhouse For Peter's Soul
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429311.0#axzz2ltKyycv6

My birdhouse is done!
It's all TM patches, with a felt birdie, and a ribbon stamped with the song lyrics... the ribbon hides the wires that allow the canary to light up Cheesy

I'm super happy with it! Thank you guys so much for brain storming with me on this!
There are a bundle more pictures and info in the project link, but I didn't want to overwhelm this thread with them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

« Reply #808 on: November 28, 2013 10:19:09 AM »

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Transfiguration
Project Name: Turning Bags into Bag
Brief Description:
For this project, I will be taking many plastic bags and transfiguring them into one reusauble market bag.
this will be a three stage project:
- collecting plastic bags (weeks one and two)
- Transfiguration stage one; turning plastic bags into pl-arn, including researching recommended methods for this (week two)
- Transfiguration stage two (weeks three and four): turning plarn into a market bag. This will be done by knitting, or on a peg loom... or both Cheesy

This is intended to be a christmas present for my dad, so I need it done by 24th December (just shy of a month) - as you know I'm a newbie knitter so depending on how long it takes me to collect and plarn the bags, I will decide to knit the bag if I have time, or make it on the peg loom if not
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #809 on: November 29, 2013 05:49:55 AM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject and Option: Transfiguration - option 1
Project Name: The Slithering Afghan
Brief Description:
I would like to make an afghan for Annoying Little Brother for Christmas.  The pattern I will use will be a ripple or zigzag to represent a snake slithering through the grass.  I hope to find several shades of green or green and silver to use.

Week one:  find a pattern I like and buy the required materials.
Weeks two and three:   crochet the afghan

While working on my last OWL, I realized just how much time it took to crochet something as large as an afghan.  Im hoping to get this one done in three weeks so he can get it as a Christmas present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pickle Stuffed Sliders
Mac and Cheese 2.0 Recipe
How to Make Cajun Style Mayonnaise
How to Make Cajun Style Shrimp Linguine
How to Make Cajun Gumbo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...