A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 99752 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: November 23, 2013 07:02:45 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
"Away in a Manger" Needle-Felted ATC Ornament
Brief Description: I chose to focus on the "something that helps one cope during difficult times" aspect of the prompt.  The past month or so has been extraordinarily stressful for me at work, due to some unique circumstances, and a lot of it is related to things I have no control over.  So, my faith has been instrumental in me staying sane and not letting stress paralyze me at home and work these last few weeks.  Additionally, the Christmas season is always something that brings joy and comfort to my heart, which is nice since November/December tends to be a difficult time at work even in the best of years.
Project Picture:

This was my first time needle-felting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  (Something about taking a sharp tool and using it repeatedly in a stabbing motion does wonders for working out one's aggressions and anxieties.  Tongue )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013 07:05:37 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Nicajeanie
« Reply #781 on: November 23, 2013 07:50:18 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Botts - Dirty Socks
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Paracord Belt
Project Description: I made a paracord belt to give my daughter for her trip to New Zealand.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #782 on: November 23, 2013 11:13:37 PM »

I said I would never let 20 pages pass w/o commenting again.  I was tempting the fates for as soon as I hit *post* the gates of hell opened and rained sulfur upon the ranch.  The week of Halloween I saved our cherished pet dairy cow no less than 4 times in ever increasingly Final destination type terrors before finally losing her in a manner which made a Texas judge break down sobbing.  Horror.  A mere four days later my yearly bull jumped over the gate and out of the moving trailer on the way to market, unbeknownst until we reached our destination.  A feat none of us have ever heard of before and could never have seen coming.  Deaths left and right have left me in shock.  I buried myself in the last Bertie Bott.  5 items became a three week in depth study of paper ornaments.  5 ornaments of 5 different styles of ornament each until the house was over flowing with paper ornaments all made from a worn out and water damaged old copy of The Sorcerers Stone, none turned in.  LOL   This Bott I enjoyed.  It's the closest I've come to getting to sew a doll.  I hope to get to do that soon.  I love everything about it.  I will have to sew one for myself. Smiley  I wont be on much.  I have a few things to post but we are rescheduling Thanksgiving in our house around the only days of sun that we'll have in two weeks in order to build fence in attempt to avoid losing more livestock.  I can only hope for good luck.  And I hope everyone else has good luck.  And a wonderful holiday shared around good food with the ones they love.  Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *SPEW* Bertie Bott Dirty Socks
Project Name: *SPEW* A snuggle kitty for Erin
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I was inspired by a felt folk cat I saw on pintrest.  I like the one I made better.  This is the first stuff animal I've ever sewn.  I used a coloring page as a cat body pattern.  The heart is from a Hungarian decoration pattern.  The face took a long time to decide on.  There are so many stuffed cats in the world and their fare all done differently.  There is no standard.  I settled on the eyes I did because when I think of a cat's eyes I think of big silver windows to the mysteries of the universe.  They know things we don't know. The picture does not in any way do it justice.  The colors are all wrong under the artificial light.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #783 on: November 23, 2013 11:47:07 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA)
Project Name: Socks for ALB
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I've always been inspired by the socks I see made.  I have always wanted to make socks, have always been terrified and intimidated by them.  Oh the complexity.  So for Defense Against the Dark Arts I took on the personal crafting challenge of crocheting a pair of socks.  One is bigger than the other, I made the toes a different shape, and the ankles stretched with the repeated turning of the sock in side out while working on them, BUT when I handed them to ALB to try them on he smiled like a cheshire cat, and when I looked up from submitting my Bertie Bott to take a picture of them he had disappeared with them.  Gone to bed wearing them. Smiley 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
stillatthetop
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2013 01:08:18 AM »

Oh, darling..sad to hear of your loss. I spent $500 to try to save a $50 goat.  Angry We lost her, too.

Cute kitty. I hope you keep crafting, even with your loss. Come back to us. We {I} am here for you.  Kiss

Feel free to PM if you need someone to vent with and share comments.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: November 24, 2013 08:00:59 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: November 24, 2013 08:26:24 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

P.S.  Just as a reminder, your Headmistress & I accept Bertie Bott's submissions of the "old bean" till the end of the day that I post the "new bean".  That means that you can still post the Dirty Socks bean till midnight in your own time zone.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #787 on: November 24, 2013 10:48:15 AM »

I don't think I've posted this bean yet.  I've been making lots of stuff, but not having time to post. :-P

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Dirty Socks
Project Name: Mini Christmas Album
Project Description: This is a paper bag album I made for my MIL to put Christmas pics of all the grandkids in.  There are more pages than I'm showing, but this is kinda picture-heavy already, so I'll only show some. All the pockets have tags, but I haven't shown those either.  There's room for at least 28 pictures.
Project pics:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013 10:50:03 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
stillatthetop
« Reply #788 on: November 24, 2013 11:23:44 AM »

How super cute, Moonflame! What a wonderful, and thoughtful gift. I love your choice of papers. I am guessing that most came from a scrapbook pack, because they all coordinate so nicely. You did a fine job of organizing them together. And adding a variety of elements to each page. I'm sure MIL will be thrilled to get this. Secret idea? Add a disposable camera in for her to take pictures for herself  Grin That could be the "bow".

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #789 on: November 24, 2013 11:34:49 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Four seasons inchie village
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429223.0
Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall - a set of four that's always shifting, yet constant.

Class: Flying
Project Name: TARDIS wallet
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429112.0
My friend loves to tell the story of how she almost hit this weird blue box when it materialized right in front of her Cleansweep!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View Image Metadata
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop and Upsample Images
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Brightness, Contrast and Saturation
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Exposure and Shadow Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Temperature and Tint
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...