A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 105126 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jellybean89
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: November 21, 2013 07:56:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean: Dirty Socks
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Zippered Pouch
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I made this zippered pouch to give to my sister for her birthday.  I used this tutorial, but I made it a different size. Making this was my first time using the zipper foot on my sewing machine; it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Tongue
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: September
Project Name: Braided Rag Rug
Brief Description: I used this tutorial to make a braided rag rug out of some old bed-sheets. I started making the braid in July, but put off actually sewing it together. I sewed it by hand this time, but next time I'll be using my sewing machine. (I only used the braid I had made in my before picture; I'll used the rest of the rag strips to make another rug.)
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: November
Project Name: Granny Square Blanket
Brief Description: I started this blanket last December and got to the final round before setting it aside. This challenge was a good reason to finally finish it; I just had to finish the final round and sew in all of the ends (my least favorite part). Tongue
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology, SPEW
Project Name: Brown Cat Toys
Brief Description: For Herbology, I crocheted some brown cat toys inspired by the bark of the Whomping Willow. The toys will be donated to my local animal shelter.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: November 21, 2013 08:18:41 PM »

Oy, it seems like forever since I posted a project on here...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name:
Hand-drawn ATCs
Brief Description: The DADA assignment was to "demonstrate your strength of character and will to resist the Imperius Curse by undertaking a personal crafting challenge."  For me, resisting the urge to print out, trace and copy an online source image, and drawing "free-hand" instead, represents a personal crafting challenge in my lino-block prints and ATCs.  I get so nervous when I am drawing things for other people,  because I want to make them perfect.  But I am also working on improving my drawing/art skills, so as my friend would put it, I am trying to "embrace my inner wabi-sabi".  I made these two cards for the same person (one for a personal swap, and the other for the Holiday Ornament ATC Swap).  
Project Picture:

(The second card is of "Mite", a creature from the video game Ni no Kuni.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013 08:29:29 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    Mistress Jennie
    Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #772 on: November 21, 2013 08:38:15 PM »

My good wishes and thoughts are with you Erin!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
    DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
    « Reply #773 on: November 22, 2013 03:01:36 PM »

Moonflame ~ I love working with my quill and the ink well is very inspiring, it puts me in the perfect witchy mood!
    vincentvanbuck ~ Your fabric house ornament is fantastic! I have the same difficulty with drawing I really love your ATCs
    MamanTattoo ~ I love that the Hogwarts uniform you made! That hand tree is a wonderful idea! Congratulations on completing your NEWT, I love how it turned out and the little label in the corner is adorable!
    jellybean89 ~ I really like the bright colors you used to make cat toys! I love the colors of the rug made form old bed sheets! Congratulations on finishing the blanket!
    Acadian Driftwood ~ That Chai concentrate recipe looks great! Your rosemary wreath is wonderful, I bet is smells fantastic!
    Nicajeanie ~ The colors of (in?) the granny squares are perfect! I really like the almond and green colored hat!
    netchez ~  Your hats are fantastic! I love the ornaments!
    Magpirate ~ Your penguin is so cute! I want to hug it! I really like the snowflake cards, the swirly blue coloring is fantastic! the picture frame you decorated is beautiful in is simplicity. The Santa that you carved is amazing
    BadWolf314 ~ What a clever use of Magic cards, I love how colorful the ornaments turned out! I really like the Ravenclaw shirt and the house pride pants as well. PJs are a bit of a holiday tradition in my family as well, although we open them on Christmas day.
    WhistleFish ~ What a wonderful way to remember to be thankful! I love the colors you used. I really like the little poem you wrote on the card.
    tiamatfire ~ Those hedgehog cookies look delicious! I love the green sweater! The Christmas cards and tags that you made are fantastic! They add the perfect personal touch.
    coulsenl ~ Diaper cake I don't know what to say. I love the paw print bookmarks you made. The baby quilts you made are fantastic!
    noodle-bug ~ It is super exciting that someone asked you to knit something for them! That cowl looks very warm indeed. I'm no whovian but I like the altered book you made!
    FiberAlchemist ~ I love love love the tree skirt you made! I really like the green you used for your frog choir hat. Fantastic flying whale! The Hogwarts bookmark is positively perfect! I really like the pattern of stripes on the duct tape clutch. That throat soother sounds fantastic and I love the idea of the shower smoothie. I too learned that it is a very bad idea to name any animal you hope to transfigure, Martin sure is a cute hedgehog! That Gryffindor quilt is beautiful! I love the pattern on the blue hat you made.
    Ant Bee ~ I will miss your S.P.E.W. bulletins next year, though congratulations on the job!
    Inselaeffchen ~ I really like the coffee mug rug!Your little Dalek is very cute! I really like the style e you chose for the bunting.

The best of wishes to you Erin.

Today is Advanced Studies Friday and I am happy to report that I have been making progress on my NEWT. I have finished with the second aett of the elder futhark and even found some rhymes for scrying. I also wrote out two more tarot card descriptions, the emperor and the hierophant.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
    House: Slytherin
    Project Name: Hazel the Hedgehog
    Brief Description: I, like FiberAlchemist, learned that it is a bad idea to name any animals that you are supposed to use in Transfiguration class. I can't bear to turn this little guy into a pincushion now, so I am giving him to my little brother.
    Project Picture:
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
    Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
    noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #774 on: November 22, 2013 04:00:36 PM »

I just thought I'd give you all an update on my friends fund-raiser that I and moonchilde did SPEW work for - the raffle raised 420 (!) which is way more than they had even dared hope for, an the event as a whole looks like it's going to come in somewhere around 1500+ which is just amazing!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
    netchez
    « Reply #775 on: November 22, 2013 06:21:11 PM »

Class: Alchemy
    Ravenclaw Extra Credit:  DADA - Quirell, Umbridge, and Snape
    Project Name:  The one never ending granny square afghan
    Project Page Link: You Tube - the never ending quilt
    Brief Description:  This afghan was designed to be a lap robe fo my sister-in-law for Christmas.  She LOVES Texas A & M, and I love pink, so I picked A&M purple/burgundy (Quirells turban), Umbridges pink, and Snapes black as the colors for the ghan.  This was supposed to be a really fast ghan to crochet but it took a lot longer than I thought since I couldn't bring myself to quit.  I almost kept going onto infinity...  My wand just wouldn't work on it for some reason, so I had to make it the Muggle way.  I was surprised how good the colors looked together and it works beautifully to cover my legs while I am sitting here crafting.
    Project Picture:

Note:  My owl is sick and the computer wouldn't recognize my iPhone so I could transfer pictures so I had to e-mail them to myself. 
    Muggles do have some weird ways of doing things

Challenge: Bertie Botts Bean - Dirty Socks
    Project Name:  A shopping bag for Joy
    Brief Description:  Joy loves pink and she loves my grocery bags so I decided to combine those loves and make a bag to give away.  I have been modifying the past bags that I made to make them a little larger since we live far from the store and we dont like plastic.  I chose Peaches and cream cotton yarn in strawberry pink stripes (2 balls) but I ran out and couldnt get more so I finished in coton candy stripes instead.  I gave it to her and she liked the use of the two different colors
    Project Picture:

Challenge: DA - Sign the Parchment
    Project Name:  Signature Market Bag   
    Brief Description:  Since attending Hogwarts, I have discovered crochet, something I have not done in over twenty years.  After doing hats and things, I discovered market bags and fell in love.  Its almost like an obsession with me.  I cant seem to quit!  I start something else and always seem to wind up working on a bag anyway.  I plan on giving some bags for Christmas presents since I have made so many different ones.  Here are some more.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Moonflame
    « Reply #776 on: November 22, 2013 07:19:46 PM »

Noodlebug, that is FANTASTIC news!!!  Hurrah!!!

So many cool projects here.  I wish I had more time to comment.  I'm loving all of it! 
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
    panda bear
    « Reply #777 on: November 23, 2013 01:05:46 PM »

class/challenge-dirty socks + spew
    house-hufflepuff
    project-halloween cake for cake walk

class/challenge-dada
    house-hufflepuff
    project-panda pumpkin

we had a pumpkin decorating contest at school for halloween. the challenge was that we weren't allowed to carve it. so i had to come up with diffrent ways to decorate it. i wanted to make a panda, i love pandas. i painted the actual pumpkin black and white for the body. next i slipped a styrafoam ball over the stem as a head i glued on eyes made out of paper and drew a nose and mouth with a sharpie. for the arms legs ears and tail i used fuzzy black pom pom balls  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Mistress Jennie
    Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #778 on: November 23, 2013 03:06:45 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Just a quick pop in to let you all know that I'll be back tomorrow morning with a new Bertie Bott's Bean Challenge, and a long overdue Witch of the Week post!  Also in personal news, my ballet is finally open and I can return to regular life.  Cheesy  (I'm actually going to see it tonight with friends.)  Expect me to be around much more now. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
    noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #779 on: November 23, 2013 06:14:21 PM »

my newt is finished!  i can't post pictures til Tuesday or Wednesday, but it's done!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    An Excerpt from A Farewell to Arms By Ernest Hemingway
    How to Get a Literary Agent
    Marjorie Celona Discusses Her Novel Y
    Lenore Appelhans Discusses Her Novel Level 2
    Mini Biography of William Shakespeare
    Latest Blog Articles
    @Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
    Book Review: Handmade for Baby
    Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...