A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 99282 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: November 09, 2013 02:21:45 PM »

Advanced Studies Update...

I'm crafting my brains out. I have no idea where I am in terms of numbers and will have to count when the dust settles.  Got tons more bookmarks done and am working on some more small stuff today for my upcoming craft fair.  Thankfully DH is making sure I drink water (something I often forget to do), and pinkleo & noodle-bug have set me up with an afternoon treat...

Russian Caravan Tea from noodle-bug in my favorite teapot, surrounded by my awesome Snitch Tea Cozy from pinkleo.  Pinks, it's like you're hugging my tea!  (I'm officially losing my mind right now.  Just be aware, and tell the nice men in the white coats when they come looking for me.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jellybean89
« Reply #721 on: November 09, 2013 04:12:14 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy, SPEW
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Four Elements Cat Toys
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For Arithmancy class, I crocheted a cat toy for each of the four elements: earth (green), air (white), fire (red), and water (blue). The toys will be donated to my local animal shelter.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Frog Choir, SPEW
Project Name: Green Cat Toys
Brief Description: For Frog Choir, I crocheted four green cat toys to donate to my local animal shelter.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean: Almond, SPEW
Project Name: Five Cat Toys
Brief Description: For the almond bean, I crocheted five different colored cat toys for the cats at my local animal shelter.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #722 on: November 09, 2013 05:39:31 PM »

Challenge: DA - Drink in the Hog's Head
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Chai concentrate

November in Vermont - the perfect time to share hot drinks with friends. I made a batch of chai concentrate, which is then mixed half and half with milk and heated before serving. I usually buy the Oregon Chai concentrate, but I must say I love the results with this recipe! And I can tweak it however I want (I'm thinking a bit more ginger next time, and maple syrup!).

Ingredients:
4 1/2 cups water
1 stick cinnamon
1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
7 whole cardamom pods
2 whole star anise pods
10 whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon orange zest
10 bags of black tea
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon vanilla

Boil the water in a medium saucepan, and add spices and teabags (not the sweeteners). Remove the pot from heat, and let it steep for 15 minutes. Strain the liquid through a fine mesh (I did it twice, the second time through cloth to take care of little bits of pepper), and stir in sugar, honey, and vanilla. Refrigerate the mixture if you're not serving it that day. To serve, mix 1 to 1 with milk and heat.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #723 on: November 09, 2013 07:24:56 PM »

~*COMPLETED NEWT*~
NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: Doudoune fleur
Brief Description: I made this quilt over the summer. there's 2 silly holes in it I need to fix but it won't happen just now, so I'm showing you. For my arithmancy study, I equally devided lots of fabric and calculated the right amout of stripes to make a twin size doudoune. I quilted the batting with the fabric as I went, then used a flat sheet as the backing. My daughter loves it, which was the point, right?
Project Picture:

Hum!!! Cha concentrate!!!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013 07:26:00 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Nicajeanie
« Reply #724 on: November 09, 2013 08:16:17 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Botts + SPEW
Project Name: Almond Cap
Project Description: Crochet almond colored cap to donate to our Child & Adolescent unit for Christmas
Project Picture:

Challenge: SPEW
Project Name: More Grannie Squares
Project Description: 10 more squares for another prayer shawl
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #725 on: November 09, 2013 09:46:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Bean - Almond
Project Name: Five Ornaments
Project Page Link (if available) www.persistentillusion.com for candy cane, http://allcrafts.net/crochet/crochetornaments.htm for the rest of the ornaments:
Brief Description: I spent most of the time trying to think what I could use to make 5 different things finally the light bulb went on crochet somethingsay ornaments for the daughters Christmas tree. So I got out my handy size F crochet hook  and went to work.  I cant decide which is my favorite the silver bell or the green hat.
Project Picture:

Challenge: S.P.E.W. Dementor Repellent for the Aquahearts
Project Name:  cant say
Project Page Link: cant say
Brief Description:  cant say
Project Picture:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=613608&limit=recent
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=613609&limit=recent

Class:  Herbology
House:  Ravelclaw
Project Name: Camo Cap for grandson
Project Page Link:  JJCrochet.com (men's crochet hat)
Brief Description:  I made a winter cap for my grandson so that he was hidden from the Whomping Willow when he goes exploring the grounds.
Project Picture:

NOTE:  My dd gave me the printout of this pattern so I could see how to do the ribbing, but when I tried to go to the website to get the web link, I couldn't. 

Class:  Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA)
House:  Ravenclaw
Project Name:  MY winter cap
Project Page Link: JJCrochet.com (men's crochet hat)
Brief Description:  I was learning to make a cap to use for the winter for each of the family, but I get cold very easily (especially my ears).  I had never crocheted ribbing before and  MY cap had to have enough ribbing to make a DOUBLE thickness over my ears.  So while I was crocheting, I added an extra row to make the ribbing start lower on my head and added enough ribbing rows to be able to turn the cuff up double.  It was mostly a trial and error method.  I tried to err on the side of too many ribbing rows rather than not enough.  I think I succeeded.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #726 on: November 10, 2013 01:46:53 AM »

Oh HPC, how I've missed you!  I haven't been able to get online for a while because my girlfriend and I BOUGHT A HOUSE last week (holy crap I am still freaking out about it) and we're trying to move and stuff.  But I did get to do a bit of woodcarving, so here's a challenge and an update!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: September Detention challenge
Project Name: Basswood Penguin
Project Page Link: Right here.
Brief Description: My dad hosts a weekly woodcarving class for my mom, my girlfriend, and me, where we pick something to carve and Dad walks us through the carving process.  A while back we decided on birds.  My girlfriend wanted to make a duck decoy and I wanted to make a penguin.  We carved on our birds for a few weeks and finally got to the point where it was time to paint.  I had my penguin all painted (with gray beak and black feet) and I wasn't entirely pleased with him, but I was willing to live with it, but my girlfriend only got to the point of covering her duck with gesso before we had to leave that day.  Before we left, my girlfriend promised my dad that the next time she brought her duck back, it would be all painted and ready to seal.

Well, she kept not painting that duck.  Our poor birds sat neglected while we started carving cottonwood bark houses (or tower, in my case) since she refused to bring her unpainted duck to class but she never got around to painting it.  But finally, last Tuesday, she sat down after work and got her duck painted.  To keep her company I played around with different colors on my penguin's beak and feet (gray feet weren't any better than black, as it turns out) and ended up with orange on both, which I liked much better.  We were able to bring our birds back to class on Wednesday and finish them off!

Project Picture:

Advanced Studies Update!
I did absolutely no work on the tower last week, we closed on the house on Halloween and I had a big project at work that required all of my free time and then some.  I was able to carve on it a little on Wednesday though.

Horizontal grooves for the stones on the top two tiers, a few more windows, and the beginnings of actual stone blocks on the bottom tier.  (That last picture is upside down, I just noticed...  Undecided )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: November 10, 2013 05:18:10 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Hello students!  I've just got a few minutes to take care of some HPC duties, and thought it was time for a gentle reminder.  If you are going to submit a project for one of the Class or Challenge prompts, please make sure that it actually fits that prompt.  I have noticed over the course of the last 3 Bertie Bott's Beans, that some folks are either ignoring or forgetting the actual wording of the prompt and making something that doesn't fit.  Pinkleo & I try to be VERY open minded and broadly accepting when taking submissions.  If you can justify why something should fit, we're pretty much going to accept it.  But when a prompt contains specifics, like size, shape, color, or number, you really do have to pay attention.  The current Bertie Bott's prompt requires the crafter to make 5 variations of the same object.  Making one object, even if it is super-awesome, does not fill the requirements. 

If you have questions, or are unsure if a project you have made will fill a specific prompt, please feel free to send a PM to BOTH myself & pinkleo and we'll be happy to help.  (Sending the message to both of us ensures you'll get a response sooner.  We both have busy lives, but one of us is bound to see it and respond before the other.)

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: November 10, 2013 05:57:32 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

P.S.  Just as a reminder, your Headmistress & I accept Bertie Bott's submissions of the "old bean" till the end of the day that I post the "new bean".  That means that you can still post the pumpkin bean till midnight in your own time zone.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #729 on: November 10, 2013 09:57:36 AM »

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Rosemary wreath
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428970.0

For my alchemy assignment, I created a circle without beginning or end, much like the Ouroborus symbol. I also concentrated on its theme of rebirth - when the wreath season is over, it will have a new life as tasty food. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bridal Necklaces
How to Make a Feather Necklace
How to Make Beaded Earrings
How to Make a Fimo Bead Bracelet
How to Make Handbag Charms
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...