A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,465
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 92425 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« Reply #710 on: November 08, 2013 08:52:39 AM »

I love this challenge Jennie!  My signature craft is definitely knitting, and it's also NaKniSweMo this month.  I haven't started a sweater yet as I wasn't sure I would, but I think now I will. It will be a toddler or baby sweater though Wink  I noticed it has a start date of Monday, Nov. 11.  Are we not allowed to start until then?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2013 09:39:05 AM »

I love this challenge Jennie!  My signature craft is definitely knitting, and it's also NaKniSweMo this month.  I haven't started a sweater yet as I wasn't sure I would, but I think now I will. It will be a toddler or baby sweater though Wink  I noticed it has a start date of Monday, Nov. 11.  Are we not allowed to start until then?

No, sorry.  Start date is supposed to be today.  I just didn't get much sleep and have no idea what I'm doing at the moment.  Totally worth it though.  That show was awesome. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 08, 2013 09:52:23 AM »

Naantje~ I love the colors you have been knitting hats with. Your mittens look very cozy!
CraftyLadyMJ~ The pet ties are adorable! I want a baby Hippogriff! It is so well awkwardly cute! I am very impressed with your lion tote bag, further proof that I need to learn how to knit and crochet.
pottermouth ~ That Wonder Woman costume is fantastic! I can't believe you were able to make it with so little advanced notice! Your gravy sounds delicious!
Inselaeffchen ~ Your Tardis pumpkin is fantastic! I think I may have to start watching Doctor Who now that it is on Hulu Your hats for Big Knit are really adorable. Those Christmas tags are fantastic
noodle-bug ~ Four Edwina Sissorhands costume is fantastic! Those crunchy nut chocolate cakes sound delicious. I love the paper flower you made! They look so wonderfully unique (in a very good way)
coulsenl ~ Peppermint Caramel Cocoa sounds very soothing indeed. I love your blanket of invisibility.
jenleahlynn ~ That caramel dip sounds wonderful! I bet it would make a good sauce for ice cream. Your 7 minute frosting looks wonderful. I usually go for a cream cheese frosting when I am baking
tiamatfire ~ Those slippers look wonderful! I love the colors. That mulled punch sounds fantastic! The newborn set you made is adorable. The cream edging finishes the blanket very nicely
moonflame ~ Those trinket boxes and mirrors are fantastic! At first I thought they were edible. I love the mug sweaters! Those flowers are positively charming! I love the magnets you made as well! They are adorable. I love that you are doing S.P.E.W. for the Boy Scouts. Those cookies look fantastic!
pinkleo ~ I love all the squares you have been showing us. That scarf looks very cozy! Those Chickpeas sound wonderful.
WhistleFish ~ Those pumpkin seeds sound delicious! I love that you made so many varieties.
Audania1 ~ Mmmmm pumpkin pie. My sister usually makes a crustless pumpkin pie for the holidays and it is amazing. It looks like we use similar crust recipes in our pie making.
BadWolf314 ~ Those dinner rolls look wonderful. I have one relative who always brings homemade rolls to Thanksgiving and Easter meals.
Nicajeanie ~ I love the colors you chose for the dog coat! That apple cake looks delicious.
FiberAlchemist ~ Spiced Peach Butter? Sounds fantastic! When I first saw your post I thought you had made Spiced Peanut Butter in a crock pot and I was very curious Peach Butter makes so much more sense.
Mistress Jennie ~ That chili looks wonderful! Chili at my house is usually a hit or miss because we never use a recipe, I think we may have found one now.
rockmygypsysoul~ That fondant looks fantastic! and I love how you decorated the cupcakes.

And now its time for Advanced Studies Friday
My NEWT is going well, I am now researching the second aett. When I got bored with research this week I aged some paper using tea and started writing out the information on the tarot cards with my quill. I got four done (from The Fool to The Empress) and learned that it would have been smarter for me to do the writing first and age the paper later oh well. I am using walnut ink and I have noticed that it looks a tad like dried blood when it is completely dry I thought I took a picture of the stack of aged paper but apparently not.This picture shows some of my work so far but does not show all four completed pieces of information.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2013 11:05:58 AM »

noodle-bug, those flowers are great! I would totally squee if a date made those for me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Naantje
« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2013 01:49:51 PM »

What, it is? What a coincidence! I went sweater-shopping last saturday, was depressed with what I found in the stores, bought a load of yarn and started knitting the Corona sweater. I've knitted both arms up to the point where they should be joined to the body, they're on stitch holders now as I'm starting the body. I'm knitting in purple, with the ribbed parts in a slightly darker purple than the stockinette parts. I'm hoping I can do the cable panel in the same darker purple too, and a few projects I've seen on Ravelry uses a different colour on the cable panel, so I believe it can be done! Nervous for the cable part though, because I've never actually knit cables!

And seriously, the situation in the stores here was so off-putting. Oversized knitted neon zebra-stripes?! Oversized lurex bags with sleeves. Frumpy cardigans (seriously, I swear my late grandmother wouldn't even wear them!) Heavy cabling - and I mean really, really heavy. Apparently the eighties revival hasn't moved on yet... With my figure, I really can't afford baglike sweaters and heavy cabling, especially in the bust area. It makes me look so much heavier than I am. I need something fitted and figure-flattering, thank goodness I have knitting needles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2013 07:08:25 PM »

Oooh, my signature craft... Grin   That actually kind of solves a conundrum for me since I keep going back and forth about a particular item for a swap.  I do a pretty wide range of general crafting and in the past year have been venturing into lots of different and new territory and I keep wanting to push myself but sometimes I also kind of miss what I would consider my signature craft. 

How very perfect, especially since I will be participating in yet ANOTHER crafting blitz this weekend.  We are moving in three weeks which we didn't have any idea about until this past week   Shocked so I'm on a mission to get all (or at least 95%) of all Christmas and birthday crafting done before then, along with three swaps I need to finish!!  And since my apartment is an absolute wreck, packing is going to be unbearable.  I am terrified.

That said, it's Advanced Studies Friday!!  Tomorrow I'm going to finish up my wandwork and believe that I will have perfected the Humonculous Charm!  This has been quite a challenge and I am so very glad I seem to have mastered it in time to be ready to roll so I can focus on all this other nonsense!  I think they will help make for a very happy Christmas for my five little(st) nieces and nephews!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Moonflame
« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2013 07:16:59 PM »

Ooooh!  Dragonchilde, I love your Advanced studies work.  Sooooo cool!  And your pen and inkwell are fabulous!  It must be inspiring to write with them! Smiley

Rockmygypsysoul - that reminded me of when we moved to CA from WI with 2 weeks notice.  Good luck!  It's a crazy ride, but you'll rock that move! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2013 05:40:50 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Christmas Fabric House Ornament
Brief Description:   My partner in the One Tiny Holiday Ornament Swap lives in Australia, so although I finished this a month ago, it took 4 weeks for it to arrive to her.  Anywho, my little fabric house features the fall color of red, and a bit of brown as well.  (I would be remiss if I didn't point out that where I live [South Texas], the tress are still very much green, so green is most assuredly a "fall color" where I live.  Tongue)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013 05:42:19 AM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #718 on: November 09, 2013 06:36:15 AM »

Ok now, I'm SO much behind! Every one did awesome things!! I'll try to catch up a bit and win some points for my house!!! Let's say I'm back from my maternity leave! ahah

I wanted to post my signature assigment but I went and read the rules...oh well, I'd better get to it!! I happen to be knitting something I never did before: socks!!! and two at the same time at that. The most awesome part of that is that I'm using the wonderfull Unicorn Fart yarn Abbie made me!! I love it and it looks great already! Cheesy

Challenge: History of Magic
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Uniform studie
Desc: My daughter wanted to be Hermionne for Halloween, and I completed a costume for her just before she wanted to be a mermaid a week before Halloween... But, she wears it anytime she wants to play "potions" so nothing was lost. We can always use a Hogwarts uniform!
I bought a vest from a thrift store and re-built it to fit her. We took her brother's classy suit shirt and a red tie we had around. I also cut through a 3XL men's black t-shirt to make a robe, but it's not pictured. We also have black maryjanes to complete the look.

(She's making a shape-shifting potion)

Challenge: October Detentions
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Little hands tree
Desc: This tree has all my kid's little hands and mine in the center (which isn't really big!) We then all fingerprinted leaves with automn color; red, plum and gold Smiley

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013 06:38:28 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: November 09, 2013 06:47:53 AM »

Oooh, my signature craft... Grin   That actually kind of solves a conundrum for me since I keep going back and forth about a particular item for a swap.  I do a pretty wide range of general crafting and in the past year have been venturing into lots of different and new territory and I keep wanting to push myself but sometimes I also kind of miss what I would consider my signature craft.  

One of my favorite things about the HPC is that it challenges me to try new things that I've been thinking about, but might have been apprehensive to try.  But sometimes it's nice to fall back into your favorite craft, and rediscover your love for it all over again.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Guy Attempts to Follow a Glitter Eyeshadow Tutorial
7 Important Beauty Tips for Summer
Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid Unboxing!
Brazil Flag Nail Art Tutorial
Easy Makeup Tricks for Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...