A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 92742 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #670 on: November 02, 2013 01:29:17 PM »

Noodle-bug:FAB outfit! And you're looking great in it!!
Pottermouth: Loving the little Wonder Woman outfit!! And that Werewolf Pumpkin is just A-MA-ZING!! And love the colours of the Halloween Hoopla!!
Naantje: Your Big Knit Hats are fab! Looking sooo cute, and I love the little pompoms (I took the easy option and got shop bought ones Wink )
CraftyLadyMJ: What a cute idea! Now we need to see photos of the doggies WITH the ties on. Smiley
Mistress Jennie: WOW, what a fab progress on those bracelets! You go, girl!! Cheesy And I LOVE those bookmarks! Specially the Celtic Tree of Life!
DragonChilde: Loving your little Batty Pumpkin.
BadWolf314: Like your ATC, The Badges and the Pokemon Trainer outfit are fab (I used to watch the original series but got out of it after all the new stuff). And of course another Doctor Who pumpkin! What shall I say... DON'T BLINK!! Cheesy And shame that it's a bit far, otherwise I'd go to the nearest chippy and send you fish & chips right now.
netchez: Oh, really have to remember this recipe ... time for soups again!!
Tiamatfire: Great pumpkins! I'll have to get the girls to try their hand on painting the pumpkins next year.
Whistlefish: Loving the look of the soup, the little kitty and of course your lion tamer!!
Senator Organa: I LOVE that Marauder's Map Bag - what a great idea. Now wondering whether they're still doing those T'shirts..

Right... that's my latest catch up with comments. Smiley Now off to figure out something for the Doctor Who Swap..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 02, 2013 10:06:48 PM »

pottermouth: Thumbs up to you for using that fabric and willing to start over after the iron accident. I would have scrap the project, you are a Wander Mom.

noodle-bug: I love your lady version of Edward scissor hands. Its so Halloweeny cute.

Naantje: Your first knitted mittens look great and so warm.  

Inselaeffchen: Thanks, but the ties were for my swap partner pups. Its up to her now to snap a pic. You got some mad carving skills. I loving all the pumpkin carvings I have seen so far.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hippogriff Hatchling
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:  I didnt use a pattern I made him up as I went along. It was very tricky because I had to try and create a plush I had never done before. I didnt use a pattern I made him as I went along, changing what I didnt like and keeping the parts I did. This went on for a week until I was happy with the end results.Then I packed him up for his new home.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Fear of a Name Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Toting The Lion
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Completing this bag was a personal craft challenges for me. I didnt use a pattern, but I did use a ruler and my blinder for a guide for the size of  the bag. Its a doubled layered bag. Knit on the outside, crochet inside and on the front pocket with the Gryffindor lion on it.  The lion pattern I crocheted is from a chart I found on google thou. The hardest part of this bag was the knitted checkered back of the bag. I had to redo it twice because getting the measurement correct was the main problem. I have never done checks with knit before or doubled layers, nor tried to combine a bag with crochet and knit. Since I have over come my personal challenge, I feel good about taking my knitting to the next level now. Also can someone tell me if my project fits in knit or crochet since it is half & half?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013 10:41:28 PM by CraftyLadyMJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
coulsenl
« Reply #672 on: November 02, 2013 10:57:30 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Peppermint Chocolate Caramel Cocoa

I haven't been feeling too great the last few days, so I created a drink that has been helping me feel a little better. I melted some dairy milk chocolate with caramel sauce, added some peppermint extract and added some hot water and milk. Yummy and soothing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #673 on: November 03, 2013 06:05:51 AM »

Short-but-sweet S.P.E.W. Bulletin coming your way:

Time Frame: 10/21/2013-11/3/2013
Houses: Ravenclaw/30; Slytherin/90
Members: MagPirate, Naantje, Inselaeffchen

Days left in semester: 27

Craft Happy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
jenleahlynn
« Reply #674 on: November 03, 2013 12:10:41 PM »

challenge-da-fear of a name -catch up
house-gryffendor
project-working with sugar

i have never gotten good results with recipies that require boiling sugar. burned gritty frosting, runny fudge. i just don't get soft ball, hard ball, and soft crack.....

i decided be brave though to give it another shot though when panda bear wanted to try making carmel apples. she found a recipe that said it was safe for braces, since 3 of us have tin grins.  my mom had given me a metal whisk that has a digital thermometer in the handle and it made a huge diffrence. i could watch it carefully the entire time i was stiring.  it.

panda bear got bored and wandered off, but i stuck with it, stirring stirring stirring

the recipe had suggested cutting the apples into slices so they would be easier for people with braces to eat.

they were tasty, but the carmel was too sticky for us  to eat easily. the apples slices that were left over also didn't stay fresh very long. so a week later, i found a diffrent recipe that was more of a dip and gave it another shot. with much better results

Carmel Apple Dip

1/2 stick butter        8 oz cream cheese
3/4 c brown sugar     1 tsp vanilla

melt butter and and brown sugar until bubbling. about 240 degrees but with this recipe it doesn't matter. remove from heat, add cream cheese and vanilla beating until will blended. serve with apple slices. this will still be soft enough to dip into after it has cooled.

class-defence against the dark arts-personal challenge
house-gryffendor
project- 7 minete frosting

that fluffy white frosting on angel food cakes, is so pretty, light and sweet. everyone says its easy, but i have had so many disasters with this stuff. after the carmel turned out so well with my fancy thermometer whisk, i decided to give it another shot. we had made dark chocolate cupcakes,and the frosting would be like marshemllos in your hot choclate. it ended up taking way more than 7 minetes,and didn't have the peaks we were looking for, but it was still light fluffy and sweet, yum. i think my losing streak with sugar syrups may be over.

7 minete frosting

4 egg whites        1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar      1 tsp vanilla

combine egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in metal bowl. (if it fits into the base of a standing mixer that is perfect) hold the bowl over a pan of steaming water,and whisk continuously until sugar is disolved (245 degrees)
put bowl into mixer, and beat on low, gradually increasing to high for 7 minetes total. should be shiny with stiff peaks. stir in vanilla at the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
tiamatfire
« Reply #675 on: November 03, 2013 01:51:21 PM »

3 projects to hand in!

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Name: Crochet Slippers

These slippers definitely use the number 4, as you need to make 4 soles for them!  Each slipper has two soles, making them extra strong and squishy.  These were made for a co-worker - after seeing the slippers I gave to my supervisor she asked me to make her a pair as well!  For some reason the pink and brown together remind me of chocolates, possibly because I had quilting fabric awhile ago that had a pink background with fancy chocolates printed on it.

Challenge: Hog's Head Drinks
Name: Mom's mulled punch

This recipe for punch is from an old version of the Betty Crocker cookbook.  It's actually meant to be a cold punch, but my mom tried mulling it many years ago and it's a big hit!

Mulled Soft Apple-Cranberry Punch

6 cups water
4 cups cranberry juice (use 100% juice blends, not a cocktail with added sugar.  We like cran-raspberry or cran-pomengranate)
2 cups apple or soft cider
2/3 cup sugar (can cut it back)
1 cup strongly brewed black tea
1 can lemonade concentrate
1 cup orange juice

10-15 whole cloves
3-5 cinnamon sticks
15-20 whole allspice

Mix all these ingredients together in a large pot.  Mull over medium low heat for at least an hour, but the longer the better!  It's absolutely delicious.  Everyone thinks it will be strange but ends up loving it.

Class: CoMC OWL
Name: Owlies Layette

I wanted to make a newborn set for this baby, and didn't have the extra money for a bunch of yarn.  I've had this brown DK weight for forever intending to make myself a vest, but just haven't gotten around to it.  Since sweater vests haven't been as popular the last few years, I thought it would make a great baby boy set!

I added some owls to a plain hat and sweater, since my favourite animal is the owl (also, cable patterns for squirrels don't exist, which is my husband's favourite).  After finishing those I had more time, so I made booties.  Still had lots of time, so I crocheted him a blanket!  I ran out of yarn to finish completely in brown, but I love the cream edging I added instead.

I'll try to remember to post pictures in March once he's wearing it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #676 on: November 03, 2013 02:35:01 PM »

ah man, now I want a baby hippogriff!

Your crochet is gorgeous Tia, lovely subtle colours and pretty patterns

Challenge: DA Drink in the Hogs Head & SPEW
House: ravenclaw
Project: crunchy nut chocolate cakes

another easy bake for today's sunday assembly fund-raiser Smiley

these are basically just chocolate cornflake cakes, except I used crunchy nut cornflakes and added nut chips for additional yummyness

Ingrediants:
900g milk chocolate
a couple of generous handfuls of chopped nuts (I used a mix of almonds and hazlenuts)
a generous handful of whole hazelnuts
crunchy nut cornflakes as required (I used about half a regular size box)
flaked almonds (for topping)

melt the chocolate over the stove (I do the whole glass bowl over simmering water method), once melted, add the nuts (chopped and whole) and stir.
mix in cornflakes. everyone likes a different cornflake / chocolate ratio; I prefer mine not to thickly coated - I found the best way to get the most cornflakes in there was to mix a few at a time, and spoon out the top layer into cupcake cases as I ran out of room for more (there is always more chocolate left at the bottom of the bowl, so keep adding more flakes as you go).
Once you've spooned into your cake cases (I managed to make 32), add a couple of flaked almond on top of each one - this is for flavour and also to make it REALLY obvious that there's nuts in there so that no one with an allergy accidentally has one. i also made a big sign, but you can never be too careful Smiley
Stick em in the fridge overnight to set

these were a big hit - more than I was expecting Cheesy I love cornflake cakes, they are actually just about my favourite and I'll nearly always choose that over fancy cupcakes or something, but I was really surprised at how many people agreed with me. Plus, they are simple to make the night before when you are tired, and the ingredients aren't expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #677 on: November 03, 2013 04:49:55 PM »

CraftyLadyMJ- the hippogriff is too cute! I love its little face. And you're Gryffindor bag is beautiful.

coulsenl- mmm...chocolate caramel cocoa with peppermint...looks delish!

jenleahlynn- working with sugar is a fear, isn't it? Caramel seems simple enough but in truth, it can go wrong in so many ways. Looks as if you succeeded with great results, and I bet it was super tasty!

tia- Love the slippers and I can't wait to see your baby in his Owlies layette. Congrats again!

noodle-bug- thanks for sharing the crunchy nut chocolate cakes recipe; its going in my recipe box for sure.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #678 on: November 03, 2013 10:02:51 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Striped Blanket of 'Invisibility'

An invisibility blanket could help you get past the Whomping Willow. This is my biggest project to date, I love the contrast between the lighter yellows and greens and the dark brown strip in the middle.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: November 04, 2013 03:45:58 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

The new Detention Challenges for November been posted!
Be sure to check the Detention in the Dungeons Post to see what it is....

Remember, you can do any, all, or none of the Detention Challenges as they come up each month.  The goal here is always to be excited about our crafting!  Also please remember that you can submit ANY of the Detention Challenges at ANY time during the semester.  For example, you may turn in the September or October challenges in November.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hack a Canon Camera Using CHDK
Differences Between Raw or JPEG Format
Compact Digital Camera Buying Guide
Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera Review
How to Enhance Photos using the Epson Artisan 810 Printer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...