A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,353
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 99459 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2013 08:01:35 AM »

I'm so psyched to see all those bracelets jennie Smiley

Birdhouse is going well - base done, and two side walls - that's all the easy bits. shaped front & back, two roof halves (with hinge so access battery for bird) still to go... and the bird of course Smiley
I did a mock up of the circuit to check i has all my bits in the right places, worked a charm, so that should all be good to go when the time comes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 01, 2013 09:23:22 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday

Information gathering for the futhark is going well. So far I have found three sources that look reliable and have finished using two of them for the first aett (I will be working with the second one today). If you are interested, the document can be found here and you can watch as I update and add more information. The other information that I will be using for this book can be found on this document. I am not including reverse or converse meanings in any of the divinatory methods but if you are interested they can be found on the source pages I list on the documents. I may not include the ogham in my book simply because of lack of information, but I have not given up on it yet.

Mistress Jennie~ I love the Paris bracelet! What a wonderful colors! The bookmarks are fantastic, I especially love the Slytherin and mermaid ones! Your fortune teller bracelet is fantastic! I can totally imagine a fortune teller wearing it and the charms jingling when they foretell something ominous. I can't wait to see all the bracelets you have crafted for your NEWT!
pottermouth~ That cross stitch is impressive! A 2 inch square pattern sounds truly maddening. I am in awe of your pumpkin!
tiamatfire~ Your owl pumpkin is adorable! I really hope it lasted until Halloween!
WhistleFish~ That kitty case is too cute for words! I especially like the face. That chicken noodle soup looks delicious, I'm so glad you made your own stock for the first time! If you add just a splash of vinegar to the water as you are boiling the stock, your stock will contain the calcium from the bones (the vinegar evaporates and you don't taste it). That Loin Tamer costume is fantastic!
netchez~ That vegetable soup looks wonderful, I bet it tastes delicious with the clams.
BadWolf~ Your moon ATC is positively charming! Your pokemon projects are both pretty awesome! I'm no whovian but I love your carved pumpkin.
coulsenl~ your knitted frog looks adorable in a kind of awkward way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Naantje
« Reply #662 on: November 01, 2013 10:49:52 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean - Almond (SPEW x5)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Innocent hats
Brief Description:
For the almond bean, I made another batch of hats for the Innocent Big Knit. The hat in the top left corner and the work on the needles are my foster sister's first knitting projects, she tought the hats I was knitting were really cute, and since she had asked me to teach her how to knit before, I taught her how to make these!
The other five were knit by me for the innocent big knit in Belgium.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name: My first mittens
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428740
Brief Description:
For my potions project, I crafted a remedy against freezing fingers for the recipient of my now complete set of hat, scarf and mittens. Pattern is of my own making.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 01, 2013 12:19:16 PM »

I have been enjoying looking at all the amazing projects everyone been posting and now I can finally start posting my projects from the B2H4 swap.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:House Unity
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Tied Up In House Pride
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I made these crocheted house pride pet ties for my swap partner two dogs because she likes Ravenclaw but was placed in Gryffindor. You can attach the ties to the dog collars with the pin on the back.

More to come soon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #664 on: November 01, 2013 12:33:09 PM »

Yay! This time of year is my favourite because everyone shares all the yarnie goodness that they've knitted or crocheted. Keep it up!

Good luck, Headmistress Jennie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #665 on: November 01, 2013 01:30:50 PM »

Hey guys, I'm still here! I have made zero progress on Advanced Studies this week.  Tongue I have it right next to me to get started as soon as I'm done. It's just been crazy busy and not in a fun way. Ah well. It's my husbands birthday today so we will be busy today and tomorrow. I am really going to be super working on this on Sunday and then again on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's my goal to still be where I planned to be by the next A.S.F. even though I'm almost a week off. Time to get the nose to the grindstone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #666 on: November 01, 2013 01:40:48 PM »

Class: DADA
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Petite Wonder Woman
Brief Description: This project was difficult in a few ways, in that the kid finally decided on her costume three days before Hallowe'en and the fabric I chose to make it was slippery as heck. I try to avoid this kind of fabric if I can help it but its been around a while, eliminating the need to go out and purchase anything. Wonder Woman demonstrates her strength of character with her Bracelets of Submission and Lasso of Truth. My strengths of character were tested during the construction of the bodysuit when the iron accidentally touched the fabric and melted it, causing me to bite my tongue and start over.

http://i.imgur.com/eimAGKt.jpg?1

Go HERE and see a her with a grown-up Wonder Woman!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013 11:13:06 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #667 on: November 01, 2013 04:07:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
House:Slytherin
Project Name:A Timelord's Pumpkin
Brief Description: As many of my fellow students have already referred to the Doctor, I'll join in. Smiley He is the one who's travelling through time & defies time through regenerations. His trusty form of transport is the Tardis.

As for the pumpkin - in previous years I've only done pumpkin carving (with stencils), last year I started to go freehand drawing (well, copy from my phone/laptop but no stencil involved), and this year I tried my hand for the first time on pumpkin scraping/shaving to achieve different shadings of light. LOVE it! Smiley

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #668 on: November 01, 2013 04:25:43 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Arithmancy *SPEW*
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Big Knit Hats
Brief Description: I decided to do my bit for the Big Knit this year (a charity for the Aged in the UK). I've never done it, and only managed to finish my 4 hats on the last day of posting!

*As a far fetched Arithmancy meaning of the number 4 I could say that charity is in my heart, and my heart has 4 chambers. Wink *
Project Picture:

It's 3 crocheted hats (funny they all turned out differently!) and 1 knitted Fez. And I think I finally figured out what the problem with my crocheting hats is that they wouldn't turn out round. Smiley Off to get some Christmas Presents done this week! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #669 on: November 02, 2013 11:13:37 AM »

Subject: CoMC
House: ravenclaw
Project: Edwina Sissorhands costume

So. the annual fancy dress party at work. I never go, becasue I am terrified of parties - I'm too shy to work in an environment with mingling. But I always love seeing photos of everyone's costume - everyone makes such a huge effort, and so many cool ideas. So this year, I decided to force myself to go, even if I only stayed for an hour, becasue i wanted to join in with the dressing up.
But I didn't want to spend any money, or too much time since I am super busy at the minute. So this was a 3 way struggle - social-awkwardness, money, and time all needed beating.
I came up with this Edwina Scissorhands costume; a headdress I made a couple of years ago, a black skirt and loose jacket with a leather corset-let over the top (again made a few years ago), a dog collar (!)  - a lot of backcombing, some make up... and my scissorhands. I took a very literal approach, and took 9 pairs of scissors (some dismantled into individual blades), blunted the blades, and sewed them to the back of the hand on a pair of old black elbow length evening gloves (which I had previously cut the fingertips off of). They did look properly menacing, though I did have to be really careful even though they were blunt - so maybe not the most practicable solution!
So.. I stayed at the party for nearly 2 hours (!!), I spent 2.70 (on the dog collar) and about an hour crafting the gloves
really bad photo - the makeup has made it look like my chin is weirdly flat into my neck. I do have a chin, honest!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013 11:15:55 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shrimp on Sweet Rice
Shrimp, with Green Chives, Bamboo Shoots, and Wood Ear Mushrooms
Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Salmon with Creamy Teriyaki Sauce
How to Make Oriental Shrimp Soup
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...