A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91906 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #640 on: October 28, 2013 12:33:30 PM »

that shirt-turned-bag is awesome!! I need something like that to catch all of my threads and fabric scraps when I am sewing or embroidering. I keep telling myself I am going to make one and then look at lazy me!!

The knitted hat is really good! I can't believe you drafted your own pattern. I am just learning to knit. I have a skein of yarn and some needles in my purse and I'm "working on" a "scarf" whenever I have sitting out and about time. Man, I am slow. lol

Jennie, I always love your charm bracelets.  Smiley Your bookmarks are super amazing, too! I think my favorites are the mermaid (who doesn't love a mermaid?) and the tree of life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #641 on: October 28, 2013 04:54:46 PM »

Challenge: Fear of a Name
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: One Tiny Thing Halloween Hoop
Brief Description: Cross stitching and I have never gotten along. When I was a kid I'd attempt those little Christmas ornament kits and botch them every time, so I never tried again. 30 years, I mean 20 years!, later I thought I'd give it another go. The pattern is 61 stitches by 61 stitches and measures almost 2" square. Sheesh! Who makes a pattern that small?! Well, at least I finished it and conquered my fear.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SenatorOrgana
« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2013 05:03:26 PM »

I absolutely love the placement of the image.  The fact that the text was off to the side looked completely intentional to me.

Thank you! Haha well what I meant was, when I sewed it the first time, the text was almost wrapping around to the back. Where it is now is exactly where I wanted it - after I ripped it out and redid it!  Cheesy Glad y'all like it.

SUPER cute cross stitch, pottermouth! I'm not a fan of cross stitch either... congrats on finishing it.

Love your bookmarks, Mistress Jennie, I could use a few of them myself at the moment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #643 on: October 28, 2013 05:55:22 PM »

Challenge: Pumpkin Bean
House: Gryffindor
Name: Owl Pumpkin

Well, a real pumpkin is definitely a fall colour!  I carved this pumpkin for Hallowe'en, and it was a hellish experience.  The flesh of the pumpkin came off in thick strings, which meant it made a mess as I tried to keep the inside neat, and there's no substance to hold the carved pieces together - I had to use toothpicks to put the inner section of the owl back on.  There's no denying it's kind of cute, but I can't imagine it's going to last very well until Hallowe'en!  Oh well, at least there's the pumpkin my daughter painted.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
WhistleFish
« Reply #644 on: October 29, 2013 12:07:41 AM »

I am very happy about this semester! So many awesome projects that people are making! (It is the official start of crafting season!)

It seems like I've been turning in alot of projects. It's probably because I am. A couple weeks ago I got a new job and it was a terrible fit for me and after much discussion -- I quit. Now I'm trying to live like I'm very poor ('cause I will be soon) so lots of crafting has been going on. (Please send good job-finding vibes my way if you have any!) Anyway....here are three more homework assignments to turn in! One (Luna's Halloween costume) I'm really excited about!

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Kitty Case
Project Page Link: Not my link but here's the pattern I used on Ravelry
Brief Description: I didn't quite know what to make for this class so I went hunting on Ravelry for coin purse patterns and this is what I found. Perfect for Halloween! Now I have something wonderful I can pop my muggle phone (my parents dislike receive owls so I have to call and text the muggle way...) and some muggle cash into and I blend in and I'm ready to go!
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: I've been feeling "off" for the past week or so, so it was the perfect time to brew up some magically delicious homemade soup. I don't really have a recipe to share because I kind of just did it based off of a couple different recipes I found online. [Here is the impressive part though--I'm really proud of mysef: I made my own chicken stock! I was so proud of myself. We had a Costco rotisserie chicken and after we were done (we usually only eat the breasts and legs) I picked that chicken apart and had enough chicken leftover for next night's dinner, and I used the bones to make stock. I'm super proud because I find it absolutely disgusting to pick into meat like that but I went into a different zone and just dealt with it. I'm pleased with myself. And so was my husband -- he wouldn't be able to do it. Lol.]
Project Picture:

Project Name: House Pride - Gryffindor!
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: I haven't taken "official" pictures yet but I just couldn't wait to share. Although her namesake is a Ravenclaw - this costume is all Gryffindor. She's a lion tamer for Halloween! The colors even match Gryffindor. Smiley I still haven't made a top hat yet. We'll see if I get around to it. Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #645 on: October 29, 2013 12:48:26 AM »

Here is your quote:

"I made my own chicken stock! I was so proud of myself. We had a Costco rotisserie chicken and after we were done (we usually only eat the breasts and legs) I picked that chicken apart and had enough chicken leftover for next night's dinner, and I used the bones to make stock. I'm super proud because I find it absolutely disgusting to pick into meat like that but I went into a different zone and just dealt with it. I'm pleased with myself. And so was my husband -- he wouldn't be able to do it. Lol.]"

I know what you mean. But the "remains" are wonderful!!!! Keep picking at the meat!!! Super job! Glad you enjoyed the proceeds! There is nothing better than homemade soup, and you don't need a recipe! Just add what you have and make it wonderful. Nobody will notice if you left something out, or swapped it for something different.
Great Job! Glad you had success. Pat yourself, because I can't reach you...but here is your kiss  Kiss

I get so frustrated with friends who say they can't cook, but can follow the instructions on the back of a box. Those are horrible. I don't like them. I can make it up better than the box! Measure this, measure that....yea...just fudge it and throw it all in how you like it!  Cheesy Great job. It will all make a turd  Grin

~T
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013 12:50:01 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Naantje
« Reply #646 on: October 29, 2013 01:09:52 AM »

The knitted hat is really good! I can't believe you drafted your own pattern. I am just learning to knit. I have a skein of yarn and some needles in my purse and I'm "working on" a "scarf" whenever I have sitting out and about time. Man, I am slow. lol

Thanks! I remember how slow I was on my first few projects. The first one was a simple wash cloth, simply knit every row, second one was a scarf (actually, the scarf from this picture!). I hadn't quite mastered the purl stitch yet: I unknowingly twisted my purl stitches... The scarf seemed to take forever and considering that I started knitting it in late October and only finished it in March, when it was still 80 cm short of my husband's desired length, because at 157cm I felt it was sufficiently long and I really was fed up with it. Which knitting style do you use? English, continental or Portuguese? I hear Portuguese is fastest, but since I did crochet before I learnt to knit, continental was easiest for me to learn. That's still faster than English style though, so if you want to up your speed, maybe look into different knitting styles Wink

Good luck with your scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
stillatthetop
« Reply #647 on: October 29, 2013 01:25:33 AM »

Wow, pottermouth...you sure outdid yourself. What a beautiful intricate embroidery! And not even on true weave aida fabric! Evenweave, it looks, but not a true cross stitch blend. I rocked you!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: October 29, 2013 06:07:14 AM »

I'm in love with your Lion Tamer costume WhistleFish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tiamatfire
« Reply #649 on: October 29, 2013 09:49:19 AM »

I adore that costume Whistlefish, it's adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make It Easy: Halloween Pumpkin Decorating for the Kids
Eggs & Rice Dish Perfect For Some Home-Style Cooking
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chili
Chef Explains How He Came Up With Ramen Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...