A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,646
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 89640 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elektra blue
« Reply #630 on: October 26, 2013 06:11:32 PM »

hi everyone Cheesy
I'm am totally loving all the crafty magic going on here are the projects are so cool

mistress Jennie i absolutely love your charm bracelets

Class/Challenge/House Pride: bean pumpkin
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: wonderland necklace
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: since I read Alice adventures in wonderland, I've been wishing that someday i would fall down a rabbit hole and wake up in wonderland , the necklace is made from 5 charms a playing card( the queen of hearts, soldier gardeners etc. were playing cards ) a red and white rose (in the book Alice helps the gardeners paint white roses red ) a heart (symbolic for the queen of hearts) and of course Alice herself (made from fimo clay)
Project Picture: sorry that the picture quality is so bad. (i took them with my phone) 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/322901_26Oct13_Photo0171.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jellybean89
« Reply #631 on: October 26, 2013 06:32:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Pumpkin
Project Name: Pocket Notebooks
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: There are a lot of places I would love to go, so I made a pair of pocket notebooks that I can use to make lists of all the places I want go and the things I want to do and see. I made the notebooks out of a cereal box, some lined paper, and some scrapbook paper. I got the idea from this website, but I made my notebooks small enough that I could just use staples to keep the pages together. I glued scrapbook paper on the inside covers to cover up the colored part of the cereal box.
Project Picture:

(The eraser was just there to keep the notebook closed Tongue)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Golden Snitch
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For flying class, I crocheted a golden snitch using this pattern. I've made a few for friends before, and finally decided to make one for myself. Tongue
Project Picture:

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Potions, Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.
Project Name: Christmas Tree Ornaments
Brief Description: My Christmas tree is usually pretty boring (just glitter ball ornaments and a tinsel garland), so this year I want to craft some ornaments for it using felt/fabric/yarn/paper/etc. I want to make at least 25 ornaments, and I plan to start October 27 and finish November 17-24, making about one ornament per day.

I hope this is an acceptable OWL?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: October 26, 2013 06:48:46 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Pumpkin
Project Name: Fish n Chips
Project Link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/classic-fish-and-chips/
Brief Description: One day I want to go to Britain. But for now Ill just have to settle for some homemade fish and chips with some tartar sauce and some fry sauce. I'm not completely happy with the recipe but it's not bad at all!
Project Picture:

INGREDIENTS:
2 large potatoes, cut into strips
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
Peanut Oil
2 Tilapia Fillets

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place potatoes in a medium-size bowl of cold water. In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk and egg; stir until the mixture is smooth. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I use my deep fryer.
3. Fry the potatoes in the hot oil until they are tender. Drain them on paper towels.
4. Dredge the fish in the batter, one piece at a time, and place them in the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden brown. If necessary, increase the heat to maintain the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) temperature. Drain well on paper towels.
5. Fry the potatoes again for 1 to 2 minutes for added crispness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Naantje
« Reply #633 on: October 27, 2013 07:35:57 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons - September
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Second half of the set! K3P3 Top-down beanie
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428598.msg5115610#msg5115610
Brief Description:
Last year, I knit a scarf for my Charms OWL (finally finished it in March of this year) and I had every intention of knitting a hat with the leftover yarn. Since it was such nice weather though, I never got around to it! Now that the leaves are falling, I got back to my yarn and finally got to work. Luckily, I've got a whole lot more knitting experience under my belt since knitting that scarf! I wanted to make a matching hat with the same k3p3 ribbed texture, but I couldn't find any such pattern on the internet! So I drafted and documented my very own k3p3 top-down beanie pattern. So in a year, I've gone from not knowing how to knit over simple straight pieces, stripes, knitting in the round, simple colourwork, mastering several increasing and decreasing techniques to not only modifying existing patterns but creating my very own!

Granted, I'd still not call myself a knitting expert: I haven't done any cables yet, nor have I done anything that requires piecing multiple parts together. A scarf, a dish cloth, many cozies, baby-hats and bottle-hats for the big knit, so it's really mostly basic work. This hat was the most complicated thing I've knitted so far, even if you discount drafting the pattern, so I'm still kind of a novice, but I'm making big leaps!

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
SenatorOrgana
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #634 on: October 27, 2013 12:46:41 PM »

jellybean89, gonna have to pin that crochet Snitch, too cute!

Class: Charms
Project Name: Marauders' Map Notions Bag
Project Page Link (if available): I used this tutorial: http://www.always-a-project.com/2011/10/hoopla.html
Brief Description: After a long week, which included a wickedly awesome HP event that we put on at my job (meaning I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday but I'm not complaining!), I finally have a day of peace and quiet to myself. Had a hankering to craft something so I browsed the class listing for ideas. When I realized that the Charms assignment related to the Marauders' Map, I had a flash of inspiration. I found a Marauders' Map t-shirt at the thrift store not too long ago and knew I had to do something with it. It was a Large, and I haven't been wearing many t-shirts lately so I decided not to bother with altering it. I've had the project bookmarked for a while and so I decided to combine the two! Not only does this project incorporate the Map, it will also help me keep track of my beading tools and other crafty stuff.

Project Picture:

Here it is, hanging on my wall! I don't have a lot of storage space (small house) so going vertical is always optimal. In this photo the bag is stuffed with my ironing towel.

The tutorial was easy to follow. I did have to make some modifications though - not only did I want to preserve some of the t-shirt design for other stuff, I wanted to ensure that the Map design was placed how I wanted it, so it took some tricky cutting and piecing to get it the right size. (Of course I didn't think about it at first and stitched the bottom so the focal point was off to the side  Roll Eyes) I also didn't make the bottom as wide as the original author did; it felt like it took up too much of the design.

The best part, though, is that I still have these awesome pieces left over to use in other projects!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: October 27, 2013 04:40:41 PM »

What a great use of a cool t-shirt, SenatorOrgana!  I have been wanting to make some of those hoopla bags ever since I first saw them here on Craftster recently.

(Of course I didn't think about it at first and stitched the bottom so the focal point was off to the side  Roll Eyes)

I absolutely love the placement of the image.  The fact that the text was off to the side looked completely intentional to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 27, 2013 09:35:15 PM »

Popping in a bit late to say that I am still hard at work on my NEWT (still researching runes, boy is there a lot of information out there and I have to decide which information is reliable). If anyone has any good reliable sources for information on the meanings of the futhark runes or the ogham I would be a very happy camper.

I love everything that has been going on especially the map shirt bag, the snitch, the cowboy quilt, and the birdhouse OWL that was proposed. After this week I will try to comment regularly, the stress monster should be smaller by that time (my muggle studies instructor didn't tell me higher level muggle education would involve so much work)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #637 on: October 28, 2013 06:46:33 AM »

Beautiful stuff here again, and I still haven't managed my update with comments (think I'll give up and will start again new on Friday with comments on anything from today onwards!).

O.W.L. update: Nothing done. The worst thing is, I had the time, I DID search for the fabric for the quillows but cannot find it! Must have put it somewhere "safe" 1.5 years ago when the grandparents bought it for us while in the US for vacation.

Therefore I'll have to review the O.W.L for this time - think I'll have to look into a new subject, and hopefully our Headmistress pinkleo and Deputy Headmistress Mistress Jennie will be lenient with me and let me do the new O.W.L.

*Accio* ... nope, doesn't do anything. Wonder if the fabric has gone on a party with my gilding flakes, Pan Pastels and sewing needles?!??!?! If anybody sees them, please give me a shout! Shocked

Hoping that I find the fabric in time for the Winter Semester and can then put forward the O.W.L again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: October 28, 2013 08:50:19 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

P.S.  Just as a reminder, your Headmistress & I accept Bertie Bott's submissions of the "old bean" till the end of the day that I post the "new bean".  That means that you can still post the pumpkin bean till midnight in your own time zone.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013 08:53:24 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: October 28, 2013 09:19:57 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Pumpkin
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Afternoon in Paris Charm Bracelet

Brief Description: I love to travel.  Sadly, I'm also poor.  I was lucky enough in high school to be able to visit England, France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.  While I loved each and every one of the places I was able to visit, I'd really love to go back to Paris and spend some more time visiting the museums that we just didn't seem to get enough time in.  And so I submit my Afternoon in Paris bracelet!  The charms include: Passport, French Coin, The Moulin Rouge, Bottle of Champagne, Arc de Triomphe, Fleur-de-lis, Camera, Dress, Eiffel Tower, Sunglasses, Postcard, The Sacr-Cur, La Concorde, Trench Coat, Croissant, & Suitcase.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Almond
Project Name: Lots of Bookmarks!

Brief Description: Being the person who comes up with the Bertie Bott's prompts has it's advantages.  Namely that I know which one I am posting next.  Sadly, I didn't get around to posting it yesterday, though I did manage to make the items for that prompt.  So, here's my submission for the Almond bean.  I went nuts and crafted TONS of bookmarks in the last week, but all of these were done yesterday afternoon, while I was taking a break from bracelet making.  Cheesy  This batch includes Christmas Trees, Fairies, Celtic Crosses, Owls & Mermaids.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Fortune Teller Bracelet

Brief Description: Inspired by Hogwarts, eh?  Aren't we all, always inspired by Hogwarts?  Wink  This time around I took my inspiration from a certain Professor.  Trelawney to be exact.  This is my ode to the Divination teacher, a Fortune Teller Charm bracelet.  The charms include The Sun, The Four Suits of Playing Cards, The Tower, Ouija Board, Sword (one of the Tarot suits), Sun Surrounded by the Zodiac, Entwined Hearts for the Lovers, Cup (one of the Tarot suits), Crystal Ball, Palmistry Hand, Coin (one of the Tarot suits), Fortune Teller, Wand (one of the Tarot suits), Crown for the Empress, Jester for the Fool, Scales for Justice, & a Skull for Death.
Project Picture:

House Pride
Project Name: Gryffindor Bookmark

Brief Description: I've made so many bookmarks in the last week.  (I lost count after I hit 30...)  Here's one honoring my very own Gryffindor House!
Project Picture:

House Unity
Project Name: Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw & Slytherin Bookmarks

Brief Description: And....  the rest of the Houses too! 
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Celtic Tree of Life Bookmark

Brief Description: In my studies I have noticed that Muggles in America use pieces of parchment rather than coins!  They really seem to like these grubby pieces of green and ivory paper.  I took my inspiration for this project from the colors found on American Muggle money to create a Celtic Tree of Life bookmark!
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Wine & Cheer Bookmark

Brief Description: And the last of my bookmarks for the day!  Bookmarks are very helpful little items, keeping your place in your book while your'e forced to do less fun things than reading, like algebra or buying lamps.  This one is headed to a friend's house quite soon to help her keep track of her place in the approximately 30 books she seems to be reading at any one point in time.  And hopefully to also remind her to kick back with a glass of wine while doing it.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Heidi Braid Aka Goddess or Renaissance Braid
How to Do a Twist Braid or Rope Braid
How to Do a French Braided Bang
How to Do a Braid Like Drew Barrymore
How to Do a Fishtail French Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...