A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
791 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 88591 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SenatorOrgana
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: October 24, 2013 06:20:05 AM »

Love the baby skeleton!

teag - That moon is very Blaylockian - he reminds me of the Moon Man in one of my favorite books, "The Elfin Ship" by James Blaylock.

Acadian Driftwood - That seat cover is great; was it hard to draft a pattern for it? I've been meaning to do the same thing for my car seats but I'm a little intimidated  by the shape of them, with that three-section curve thing going on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: October 24, 2013 01:13:17 PM »

Acadian Driftwood - That seat cover is great; was it hard to draft a pattern for it? I've been meaning to do the same thing for my car seats but I'm a little intimidated  by the shape of them, with that three-section curve thing going on!

Thanks! It was actually pretty easy - I made sure the block of fabric I started with was overlarge, and then I put it on the chair, tucking it in at the back. After that, I just went around tucking in the edges and putting pins where I wanted the final edge to be. After taking it off the seat, I cut (serged, actually, but that's probably not essential) about an inch away from my pin line, and folded it it over, repinning as I went.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #612 on: October 24, 2013 02:08:44 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Pumpkin
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Desert Mini-Art Quilt
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made this quilt for the most recent mini art quilt swap. Through the saloon doors, you'll find the world of the wild west, complete with horse-riding cowboys and shoot-outs in the desert. A place and time I'd love to visit, though I'd probably stay in the saloon!
Project Pictures:

Back (I made felt cowboys that stick to the quilt and can be stored in the boot, but I forgot to take a pic):

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #613 on: October 24, 2013 04:10:34 PM »

Dear Headmistress and Mistress Jennie

I am writing to you to ask that noodle-bug be please be allowed to drop her current ongoing NEWT project, as in the run up to christmas she will not have any time to work on it, and so feels that it would be better to start afresh in the new year.

Of course, Noodle's father and I are concerned about her ongoing exam success, so we have agreed with her that she will propose a new NEWT to complete before christmas as a hoilday gift, so please look forward to her exam submission.

Best wishes
Mrs Bug
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

« Reply #614 on: October 24, 2013 04:38:50 PM »

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: CoMC
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Birdhouse for Peter's Soul
Brief Description:
Do you remember the song Birdhouse for your Soul, by They Might be Giants?
Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbZzdalZh4
It's told from the point of view of a bird shaped nightlight.

well... that's mine & Peter's song. It's perfect for us, we have a weird relationship, since we're basically best friends, despite living in different countries and a 30 year age gap, and having only met a few months ago. We just immediate clicked, and since we have both had a nit of time of it this summer we were a perfect match to pull each other through.  He's the most awesome (in both the original awe inspiring sense, and the new super-cool one) person.
So I want to make him a  birdhouse, from fabric. I'm basically thinking TM type patches, with stiff stuffing, maybe some wire for structure. And a ribbon with some of the song lyrics stamped on that lives inside - I've never done fabric stamping before. If I have time, a blue bird too
The reason I like TM patch type projects is becasue they are a bit unplanned and hectic whereas my usual style is much more controlled - so I'm going to try not to think to much, that seems to bring out a nice (or... at least different) side to my crafting. So. That's it. That's the extent of the plan.
Sewing (or cutting... or something) starts tomorrow. As long as it's done before christmas I'll be happy - or, rather, with enough time to post it to him to receive before christmas... so let's aim for finished before december.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Magpirate
« Reply #615 on: October 24, 2013 10:33:11 PM »

I work at a pharmacy that mostly serves nursing homes, and in October we have a pumpkin-carving/decorating contest and then donate all the pumpkins to some of our nursing homes so the residents can have some Halloween cheer.  This year participation was pretty light so our HR person let me claim THREE pumpkins.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *SPEW* + Care of Magical Creatures class
Project Name: Rainbow Crayon Drip Pumpkin
Brief Description: Living in a nursing home can be difficult - it can be depressing to have to rely on someone else to take care of you.  I hope the bright, cheerful colors of this pumpkin will bring joy to the nursing home residents and help make their stay a little easier.
Project Picture:

(I used this tutorial for this pumpkin.  She's right about the wax splattering.  If you try this project, do it outdoors, or inside a box like I did.)

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  *SPEW* + Bertie Bott's - Pumpkin
Project Name: Mysterious House Carved Pumpkin
Brief Description: I used a pattern from my Pumpkin Masters carving kit for this one.  I hollowed it out but I didn't carve the pattern all the way through, since I don't think the nursing home that will receive this pumpkin will put a lit candle in it and I wanted it to look good unlit as well as lit.  (It's shiny because I used vaseline to preserve it.)

I've always wanted to visit a house with secret rooms and passageways behind the walls, and this house looks like exactly the right kind.  I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, but I'll be going there in the daylight and with at least three friends, just in case.  Cheesy
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  *SPEW* + October Detention challenge
Project Name: Fall Leaves Pumpkin
Brief Description: I wanted to bring the outdoors in with this pumpkin, and share with the nursing home residents some fall leaves.  I used acrylic paint and freehanded leaf shapes in various autumn-y colors.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: October 25, 2013 05:59:04 AM »

Project Name: A Birdhouse for Peter's Soul
Brief Description:
Do you remember the song Birdhouse for your Soul, by They Might be Giants?
Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbZzdalZh4
It's told from the point of view of a bird shaped nightlight.

Um, noodle....  Remember that comment about thinking how I couldn't possibly love you more, then being wrong?  I'm wrong a lot.  I cannot wait to see this project!  That's one of my very favorite songs, and it's actually my ring tone for about half the people who call me a frequently.  (The other half get I Drove All Night by Cindy Lauper.  A VERY lucky few get the intro music to Doctor Who.)  I'm fascinated by the idea of you making an actual birdhouse for someone's soul.  And in order to get you more psyched up for such an endeavor please watch the video below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKJB8cHNcM

Also, your bluebird should light up with an LED or something.  That would be extra epic. Wink  And now I'm about to get up from my desk and go blast Birdhouse in Your Soul in my quiet and empty costume shop.  After all, it's not even 8:00am yet, so no one is here but me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

I will be out of town at a family funeral 7/13-7/16 and may not answer PMs.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: October 25, 2013 06:09:31 AM »

A Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Just wanted to let folks know that between now and Thanksgiving, my life is going to be extra crazy-pants.  While I will be able to peek in on the thread each morning when I check my email at work, I'll probably be VERY quiet.  (I do have a few projects to post Saturday morning.)  I will try my best to post things that need posting on time, like the new Bertie Bott's Bean, WotW, November Detention, etc.  But sometimes they might go up a day late.  Please forgive this.  In addition to my normal job as the costume shop manager at work, I'm also designing the ballet of Cinderella, and building it virtually alone, without being paid for it.  (In Cinderella there are 17 costumes to build from scratch and 45+ costumes total.  Plus we need to produce all the costumes for the other dance pieces in this concert.)  And I agreed to be a vendor at my very first craft fair, so not only am I trying to stock my Etsy, but also make extra stuff for that sale. 

So, if you send me a message, I might be slow in replying.  Please try to be understanding about this.  Also, if you questions is about a craft you want to make, but you're afraid it might not fit a challenge prompt, make it anyways.  Smiley  Don't ever let whether or not you get House Points or not, stop you from creating.  The point of the HPC is to keep inspiring us all.

To paraphrase Dumbledore & myself, "It does not due to dwell on House Points and forget to craft..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

I will be out of town at a family funeral 7/13-7/16 and may not answer PMs.
noodle-bug

« Reply #618 on: October 25, 2013 03:40:46 PM »

I have no idea how to do the bird at all - I though LEDs, but... well... I don't think they'd big enough to make the whole bird glow, and a partially glowing bluebird might be super scary. Unless... maybe a glowing belly? I actually have zero concept of what a blue bird looks like... except being blue (I presume). Anyway, birdhouse crafting is under-way while I ponder on the bird to go in it.

And you have awesome taste in music, clearly - love Kristen Ch.... (here abandon all name spelling attempts) Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013 03:42:59 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #619 on: October 25, 2013 05:23:51 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday! 

Still no progress on my NEWT.  Once I get more baby stuff out of my system and my sewing machine back, I'll be working on it again.

My OWL though has been going swimmingly!  I've finished a sweater, hat, and booties, so now I've started a blankie in order to fill up the remaining time.

It's 6-8lb newborn sized, as Evie was only 6lb 8oz at birth, so I can't imagine I'd have a baby bigger than 8lb!  I'm saving the booties and hat to take a picture with the blankie, so this is only a teaser Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amy Reed Reveals Her Most Noticeable Trait
Chris Evans Talks About The Iron Elves Series
Lisa Lampanelli is Funny
Mark Palmer and Scott Solder Talks About You Need This Book
Lucy Hawking Reveals Who She Admires Most
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...