A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91745 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #590 on: October 21, 2013 05:36:24 AM »

timatfire - I'm sure there's some use you can find for your fail slippers. To me, tehy kind of look like elf hats, you could use them to dress up dolls for christmas? Cheesy Or in teh least you can use the felted bits as fabric patches for otehr projects - I'm always trying to find wool sweaters in charity shops for felting into patches, they make such cute elbow patches. And that red is such a sweet colour - you could sew them into mini stuffed hearts to give to loved ones?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: October 21, 2013 06:26:21 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...
~*Calling for Donations in the HPC's very own Diagon Alley!*~  

What exactly is Diagon Alley you may ask?  It is a way for you to support the HPC, and advertise your crafty business at the same time.  Your Headmistresses are asking for donations of prizes that will be awarded during the End of Term Feast in late November/early December.  We will do prize drawings for completion of OWLS & NEWTS, Detention Projects, and Class Participation.  Anyone who donates an item will have a picture of it displayed in the Diagon Alley post on page 2 of the thread, as well as a link to their Etsy or Artfire shop for the rest of the semester.  You may donate a finished crafted item, a craft supply bundle, or a gift certificate to your shop. (If donating a gift certificate, it MUST be of sufficient value to allow the winner to purchase something from your shop without cost to themselves.)  

Once the winner of that prize drawing is announced, you will be responsible for shipping it off to the winner.

If you are interested in donating a prize to the HPC, please send an Owl/Private Message to Mistress Jennie & pinkleo, listing what you are offering, and where you are willing to ship that item to.  You must include a picture or a link to a picture that we can use here in the thread, and the name of your shop & a link to it so that we may mention it in the post.  PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST THIS IN THE THREAD!

Let me repeat that....   PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST THIS IN THE THREAD!

Also please know that we do not expect everyone to participate in this call for prizes.  All of us have different things going on in our lives and all of us have different financial circumstances.   No one will be judged for not being involved, and you may always participate later if you wish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: October 21, 2013 06:27:53 AM »

And as an addendum to that previous post, let me mention that our dear noodle-bug has already kindly offered to donate an item!  A great big THANK YOU to her!  Huzzah for noodle-bug!

And...  I'll be donating a Hogwarts House charm bracelet, in the winner's choice of House.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: October 21, 2013 07:11:04 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #594 on: October 21, 2013 07:54:23 AM »

The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review

With a flutter of wings and a screech or two,
This Weekly Report is delivered to you!
Support Caring Causes and the bringing of smiles,
Sending love out over thousands of miles!

The Weekly Review, (although it spells Spew)
Is sent to encourage and not sicken you.
So earn your house points and relax for a while,
Sharing the crafts made in your unique style!

Greetings and salutations, Good Witches and Wizards!

Here are the acknowledgements for Caring Craftiness from last week. Such kind hearts and ready hands you all have- keep up the good works!

Slytherin House: Naantje joins the Smoothie tiny hat bandwagon this week... 3 times! Good for you!

Ravenclaw House: Noodle-Bug continues her Smoothie Support with a charming purple chapeau- too cute!

Hufflepuff House: Proving its solid gold heart once again Hufflepuff provides caring crafts x 14 with Nicajeanie's prayer shawl and Midkiffsjoy's personal goal of working up ALL THE YARN! I think she's nearly there! Great work you two!

The Caring Crafts community thanks you all for sending your good thoughts and crafting hours out into the universe to bring light and love to those who need it most. You are all so.very.Fabulous.

Happy Crafting, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: October 21, 2013 08:53:28 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

And as an addendum to my addendum....  tiamatfire helped spark a great idea in my dusty old brain!  I'll also be offering a Create Your Own Charm Bracelet Kit as a prize in Diagon Alley this semester.  Smiley

If you are interested in donating a prize to Diagon Alley, but are unsure what you could craft for someone else, consider creating a craft kit! Offering a kit that contains the supplies to make a complete project, out of items mostly from your own stash is a great way to help someone else learn a new craft for very little cost to either of you.  What constitutes a "complete" craft kit?  A complete kit should include all the supplies, and perhaps a special tool if one is called for, and directions to make the item in question. 

Here are some ideas and examples of a complete craft kit...

Scrappy Baby Quilt Kit
-Printed pattern for a scrappy baby quilt (can be photocopied from a magazine or book, or printed from an online source)
-Enough fabric scraps from your stash to make the quilt top
-Piece of batting & backing fabric
-Spool of coordinating thread

If the pattern you choose requires the person to cut lots of strips of cloth, perhaps include a rotary cutter found on clearance or purchased for half off with a coupon.  (I found a great one at Tuesday Morning for $5 once.)  Or maybe the pattern you choose has an applique motif on it.  You could include a small piece of Wonder Under from you stash, and print out directions or a tutorial on how to use it to create appliques.

Create Your Own Charm Bracelet Kit  (This one's mine!  I called it.  Wink)
-Length of bracelet chain
-Clasp
-Charms
-Beads
-Headpins
-Pair of jewelry pliers & cutters
-Printed directions on how to make bead pins, how to use and attach jump rings, etc.

Learn to Crochet Dish Cloths Kit
-Ball of cotton yarn from your stash
-Printed directions for your favorite dish cloth pattern
-Spare crochet hook that you have 3 of anyways
-Printed beginners guide to basic crochet stitches OR a set of links to really great online tutorials/videos

See how easy it can be to donate a prize AND help someone learn a new craft???

And as an addendum to that previous post, let me mention that our dear noodle-bug has already kindly offered to donate an item!  A great big THANK YOU to her!  Huzzah for noodle-bug!

And...  I'll be donating a Hogwarts House charm bracelet, in the winner's choice of House.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2013 09:49:38 AM »

well done pottermouth - the puppets are gorgeous.

and the craft kit idea for diamond alley is so cool Jennie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #597 on: October 21, 2013 12:07:05 PM »

Feels good to be hanging around the castle again. I was getting sirius withdrawal.

I see what you did there...  Cheesy

Who doesn't Lovegood pun? Wood you like another?  Cheesy

You had me at crenellated battlements...can't wait to see end result!

Your cookies look awesome, Inselaeffchen! Thanks for the recipe, but mine won't be so perfect.
Love the bright and cheery shawl, Nicajeanie.
Oooh, more socks! 3plyproblem, having them be two colours makes them especially personal and they are so lovely.
Eeek! I need a pocket mouse!
The super Owl-y yarn basket has been put on my to-do list. Great idea!
miskiffsjoy, first I must applaud you for your hard work commenting on everyone's projects. Secondly, I'm applauding you for the crochet-fest that you did making all of those hats!  Shocked The shamrock one is my fave!
Good luck with the CROCHET felted slippers, tia.
SenatorOrgana, really beautiful hoop!
Yay, market bag! Nice yarn SenatorOrgana!

Headmistress Jennie, I'll be pm'ing you later about Diagon Alley.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #598 on: October 21, 2013 08:21:43 PM »

Challenge: October Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Autumn Bear Sweater
Brief Description: We got little Luna a Build-A-Bear (His name is Frankie) a while ago. We didn't buy any clothes for him because I'm not the kind of person who's going to spend lots of money on Bear clothes. My goal was to make some outfits for him but I never got around to it...until now. Check out Frankie modeling his NEW autumn color crocheted sweater!
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean - PUMPKIN
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Pokemon Pokedex - Kalos Regions
Brief Description: My project isn't for where I want to travel to, but for where the husband is currently traveling -- the Kalos Region in the new Pokemon game. (He got the new Pokemon X game.) I created a Pokedex for all the Pokemon he could possibly run into on his journey and laminated it so he could mark down (with dry erase marker) all the Pokemon he's caught so far. I like that I can see how much progress he's making and cheer him on. Haha.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2013 06:23:00 AM »

LOVE the chakra hoop, SenatorOrgana!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Gifts for Beauty Lovers
Picture Perfect Holiday Glam
5 Lifestyle Tips for December 2013
Top 5 Ways to Save Money on Beauty Products
Kerry Washington Shares Skincare Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...