A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 90207 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: October 17, 2013 04:10:29 PM »

Love how your socks don't "match" noodle.
Since I use variegated thread, I quite quickly decided it was just easier not to even try to make them match Smiley I gave myself massive headaches with the first few pairs trying to get them the same, but it's just not going to happen, so embrace it Cheesy (plus this way, if one goes wrong or if I lose count of rows and make one too long/short (which I seem to do a lot), I can just mix and match from other pairs til I've got all matching un-matched sets to wrap for christmas)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #561 on: October 17, 2013 06:55:58 PM »

vincentvanbuck, thanks for sharing your lovely story and recipe. They probably didn't last very long at work!

DragonChilde, gorgeous shawl! And the MBoM?  Shocked

Abbee, must.have.portable. common.room!

noodle-bug, you just kill me with all of your fantastic socks and I especially love the "traveling to faerie land" ones.

WhistleFish, awwww, Luna's baby feets! So sweet. Your cards will be treasured!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2013 07:45:42 PM »

BadWolf314: I love your Rubbish necklace wow

Magpirate: your stones are soo pretty! Where did you get them?

noodle-bug: diggin those curtains!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2013 09:42:15 PM »

Feels good to be hanging around the castle again. I was getting sirius withdrawal.

I see what you did there...  Cheesy

Noodle-bug, your cat story cracked me up.  Nice job on the curtain!  I like your looking-for-fairyland socks as well.

Abbeeroad, I love the portable castle!

Vincentvanbuck, your cookies look delicious.  Sharing your mother's recipe is a great way to honor her memory.  Smiley

WhistleFish, cute ghostie cards!

DragonChilde, that's a great Monster Book of Monsters, and the Ravenclaw shawl is lovely.

Magpirate: your stones are soo pretty! Where did you get them?

Thanks!  They came from one of those tourist-trap stores, where there's a bin full of polished stones and you can fill a bag for a few dollars.

I have a lot going on tomorrow and I doubt I'll be able to get online, so I'm going to go ahead and post my Advanced Studies Friday update a day early.

Roughing out of my cottonwood bark tower:

I've decided to make a three-tier tower with crenellated battlements between tiers and a thatched conical roof on the top.  When I took this picture I felt like I'd made pretty good progress, but now that I look at it it doesn't seem like I've done much of anything.  Sad  I need to get more confident when it comes to taking off large chunks of wood or this carving is going to take forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: October 18, 2013 06:14:21 AM »

~*Advanced Studies Friday Update!*~

So, while working on my NEWT I've been down about the fact that I'm not getting much done during the week after I get home from work.  Most of my crafting ends up taking place on the weekend.  Problem is, I'll be working weekends at my real job soon, and won't be done till Thanksgiving.  The same time frame I need to be crafting for my NEWT.  Sad  So, this week I decided I was going to accomplish 1 bracelet per night, just one start to finish each night.  I laid out all my supplies on my portable craft desk, and spent Monday night setting up the chains.  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday nights I added 1/3 of the charms to each of seven bracelets.  And last night I finished them off!  So, the score from Monday through Thursday is 7 bracelets DONE in 4 nights!  Can I get a heck yeah?  Heck yeah!

At this point I am officially changing the goal of my NEWT to be 100 bracelets by November 30.

43 days and 30 bracelets to go!

~*Advanced Studies Friday Tuesday Update!*~

Over the course of the weekend I completed 13 bracelets towards my NEWT, as well as started 5 more!  I finally had to take a break Sunday afternoon, because my hands were cramping up too bad to keep working.  Sad  This brings my total of NEWT bracelets to 58.

46 days and 17+ bracelets to go! 
(At this rate, I'm going to have to up my goal from 80 to 100!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #565 on: October 18, 2013 06:38:15 AM »

Love how your socks don't "match" noodle.
Since I use variegated thread, I quite quickly decided it was just easier not to even try to make them match Smiley I gave myself massive headaches with the first few pairs trying to get them the same, but it's just not going to happen, so embrace it Cheesy (plus this way, if one goes wrong or if I lose count of rows and make one too long/short (which I seem to do a lot), I can just mix and match from other pairs til I've got all matching un-matched sets to wrap for christmas)

Brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #566 on: October 18, 2013 10:28:50 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army -- Have a Drink in the Hog's Head
House: Slytherin
Project Name: The Doctor's 50th (1st run)
Brief Description:
It's the 50th Anniversary/Birthday of Doctor Who, and I bought the cookie cutters that are part of the merchandise. Never used "embossing" cookie cutters (usually keep the embossing to card making and scrapbooking!!) so didn't know how deep they would go in/how thick I have to keep the cookies. I also haven't got any icing colours so this is a "dry" run only - to be devoured by the Hobbits ("Doctor Who Biccits"), myself and the hubby. Wink Or maybe I can steal some for tomorrow's crop ... who knows! Just have to make more on Sunday, I suppose. Cheesy

I used a normal Butter cookie recipe I got in my Christmas cookie file - but will think about other recipes (and will gladly take any of yours onboard, if you want to PM or give linkies to me?!).

Ingredients (for 70 cookies ... that's for small cookie cutter ones which don't need the depth of embossing ones)

300g flour
200g unsalted butter
100g sugar
1 Egg
1 pinch Salt
1 tsp finely grated Lemon rind

Mix all items together and quickly knead into dough ball, then put it into the fridge for 1 hour to cool (wrapped in kitchen foil).

Roll out dough on slightly floured table top (or wherever you usually roll out your cookie dough), cut cookies and place them onto a cookie sheet covered with baking paper. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (believe that's 356 degrees Fahrenheit?) (160 degrees C/320 degreesF fan assisted oven) for about 10-12 mins. Place on cool rack and let them cool.

Then decorate as you like.

The Doctor's anniversary is on 23 November, so I suspect I'll have a couple of trial runs before then! Wink

Oh ... and ... casualties: 1 decapitated K-9, 1 fully shattered Weeping Angel (YAY!), 1 slightly leaning towerish Tardis. It's quite interesting that the Weeping Angel cookie cutter has given me the most trouble ...  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2013 11:20:53 AM »

Inselaeffchen I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cookies!!!!!
Mistress Jennie Your bracelets are always amazing! I can't wait to see them all.

Everyone's projects are awesome!

For Advance Studies Friday I have finally finished the yellow and green blocks. I only have about 50 left of the blue blocks. I'm getting close and it's pretty exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Nicajeanie
« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2013 07:21:10 PM »

Challenge: SPEW - Expecto Petronum
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Bright Prayer Shawl
Project Description:  As a nurse the situation grabbed my heart. I had to do something. I didn't have a choice, there was never a doubt. I MUST do something! Then I discovered she loves bright things and was overjoyed to make this prayer shawl. May it bring comfort and hope.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #569 on: October 18, 2013 08:22:22 PM »

I'm ALIVE!  I know I've been away from the castle; I do apology.  But I'm planning on catching up this weekend...YAY!  I have updated our pinterest page, and can I just say that y'all are AWESOME and AMAZING!!!  Just wowzers!  The amount of crafty magic and creativity is beyond inspiring and have lifted my spirits.  ((HUGS)) to everyone, and see you tomorrow.  I have to get up early to take son to last marching competition (YAY for being the last one....I love him and the band, but I'll be happy to have more free-time)....so I'll be here in the morn to update.  But for now, I'm off to bed.  Goodnight HPCers! Kiss Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Chestnut Turkey Filling
How to Make Garlic and Fresh Basil Hamburgers
Pickled Mung Bean Sprouts Recipe
Baked Apple Recipe
Flank Steak and Wraps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...