A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 89477 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2013 07:10:30 PM »

Wow!  That theatre!!!!

And I love the parchment class-tracking scroll.  Too cool!

DragonChilde, your OWL proposal sounds awesome!  It's going to be great!

JellyBean - holy deliciousness! Smiley

JenLeahLynn, I'm drooling over that bag.  Such fabulousness!

Tiamatfire, I was just looking at colourwork vids on youtube today.  I think I'm going to take the plunge!  Your hats and mitts look amazing! Smiley

Magpirate - now THAT'S a cool way to recycle a can!  Awesome! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
jellybean89
« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2013 09:22:05 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army - Have a Drink in the Hog's Head
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Oatmeal Cookies
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For this challenge, I made oatmeal cookies to share with a group of friends while we played board games. Smiley The original recipe came from a family member, but I changed a few things based on the ingredients I had available.

Oatmeal Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients:
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Add to dry ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp (1 1/2 tsp) vanilla
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp (7 1/2 tsp) milk

Mix together. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake ~8 minutes. (The baking time wasn't included in the original recipe, but 8 minutes worked for my oven.) I ended up with 33 cookies.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2013 08:28:12 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2013 08:49:21 AM »

The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review

With a flutter of wings and a screech or two,
This Weekly Report is delivered to you!
Support Caring Causes and the bringing of smiles,
Sending love out over thousands of miles!

The Weekly Review, (although it spells Spew)
Is sent to encourage and not sicken you.
So earn your house points and relax for a while,
Sharing the crafts made in your unique style!

Three additions this week, although many more mentions of possible S.P.E.W.ing in the near future- Yay!

This week Ravenclaw's Crafting Collective wrangle 40 points for Noodle's baby hats and Audania's low-tech baked goods for hi-tech school supplies- nicely done, Eagles!

The third is from Slytherin. (Shocking I know.) I have completed my "things" for "someone" and need only the "address" to which to direct my "owl". (PM's going out to headmistresses shortly as direct communications have failed.)

In other news, The Harry Potter Alliance has completed it's Fall fundraiser and has been successful, I'd say. They have raised $184,738 for programs supporting world-wide equality for all. They had named a goal of $100,000 and are pleased and honored to have almost doubled that! Well done, HPA!

Happy Crafting everyone!

If you have an organization that you would like to see mentioned in The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review please PM the editors via Ant Bee's profile for consideration. We love hearing from you! (Partly because that proves we aren't just typing to ourselves. See, Mom, I told you I had invisible friends! *cough. regain composure*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2013 09:05:49 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

I have a few questions about the next DA challenge: if we didn't get a chance to do the first, can we still do the second?

Hi tiamatfire.  The short answer to your question is both YES, and NO.  Wink   What do I mean by that?  Well I'm glad you asked.  Pinkleo & I have worked out a way for people who missed the first challenge to participate in the Join the DA Challenge Series.  I have just finished posting the expanded rules in the Deputy Headmistress' Office.  They will be there for everyone to check at any time.  

Here's a bit of a breakdown though, so everyone knows what's going on...

Catching Up with the DA

Since learning practical defensive magic and joining the fight against Voldemorte was a journey for our characters, you will still need to complete the same journey they do in order to earn your place in the DA.  Therefore, you will still need to do all the challenges *in chronological order* to complete the task.  If you missed the Fear of a Name Challenge, you will still need to complete it before you dive into the Drink at the Hog's Head Challenge.

But, there is a bit of fine print...   Wink

First off, each challenge will be assigned a required amount of time "Catch Up" time.  This means that you cannot post your NEXT craft until that amount of time has past.  For example, the Fear of a Name Challenge has a Required Make Up Time of 2 weeks.  So if you missed that prompt but you still want to join the DA, first you must plan and craft an item that fits the Fear of a Name challenge prompt.  After posting it, you cannot post a Drink in the Hog's Head Challenge for 2 weeks. (You should certainly be CRAFTING your next project during those two weeks!)  This is because we want each and every crafter to craft their best, rather than rush through a large number of poorly made crafts in a short time.  

Second bit of fine print:  Each project completed DURING the official Challenge Period will receive 15 House Points.  Any project completed AFTER the official period will earn 10 House Points.  So if you complete the Fear of a Name Challenge today, you can earn 10 points.  Then you can begin crafting the Drink in the Hog's Head Challenge.  If you complete it and post it after the required 2 week Catch Up period, but before the new challenge closes, you earn 15 Points for that one, AND you will have caught up to your classmates.  Make sense?  Cheesy  If you still have questions, feel free to PM both ME, and pinkleo.  We will be happy to clarify.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013 03:09:56 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2013 10:03:29 AM »

I am simply in LOVE with those marrionettes and theater!! Well done! The finger puppets are adorable too.
Jenleahlynn, that apple bread looks so yummy! I see that it would feed five people but I think I would eat it all myself lol!! That Hogwarts bag and those patches are amazing!! You're paint skills are stellar!
Tiamatfire, Those gloves and hat look awesome! The gloves look super soft and cozy and I bet your hat is uber warm. I can't wait to see all of your baby stuff! And, quick!!, put your baby in as a N.E.W.T.! Lol the craftiest of all crafted things!  Cheesy
Magpirate, that's a neat cuff! Did you just use tin snips to cut and bend?
jellybean89, Those cookies look delicious!! I wants!!
Ant Bee, I always love your S.P.E.W. reviews - the poetry is so fun and reminds me of the Sorting Hat  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nicajeanie
« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2013 10:44:30 AM »

I know it's late but still wanted to post my Apple (spew too) and SPEW.

Challenge: Berti Botts Apple
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Apple Spew
Project Description: Yellow and green apples are delish too so I put them together in a prayer shawl grannie square.
Project Picture:

Challenge: SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: more grannie squares
Project Picture:

Only 6 more to make a shawl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2013 12:23:52 PM »

Okay, DA Drink question - What if we want to post something edible that we did not cook (and thus cannot post a recipe) but we did decorate?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2013 01:59:41 PM »

Okay, DA Drink question - What if we want to post something edible that we did not cook (and thus cannot post a recipe) but we did decorate?  Undecided

Sorry friend.  It must be a recipe that you can share with US, so that we might share it with our friends.  See how it becomes a link in a sharing chain?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2013 07:31:20 PM »

Kitchen Elf Recipes

This Kitchen Elf Recipe is delicious and sure to please. My brother in law actually created it one night when his pregnant wife was craving sweet and savories. Here is your Chicken Salad, Apples and Honey toasted sandwich!

Serves 2
2 Chiabatta rolls
1 apple, thinly sliced
1 to 2 oz cheddar cheese (or whats on hand), sliced
1 Cup chicken salad (recipe follows)
4 Tbsp honey.

Cut two rolls in half and place on cookie sheet, insides facing up. On two of the roll halves, place apple slices and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of honey. On other two halves, spread chicken salad and top with sliced cheese. Broil in oven for a few minutes, just until heated through and cheese is melted. Place halves together and nosh! I know it sounds strange but it is just so delicious!!!

recipe, Chicken Salad
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 hard  boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cups chopped celery (1 stalk)
1/2 cups chopped sweet pickles
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Mix all together and let sit for one hour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Lesson 1
How to Triple Crochet
How to Double Crochet
How to Half Double Crochet
How to Single Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...