A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 89560 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2013 05:59:01 AM »

AMAZING work, pottermouth. Love the likeness of the trio, and the theater is just wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2013 08:03:37 AM »

pottermouth, AMAZING work!!!  Your finger puppets are fantastic, and the puppet theater and marionettes...beyon d awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2013 08:12:08 AM »

So much amazing stuff! In honor of this Advanced Studies Friday, I have a question (finished my OWL last week but my swap partner hasn't opened yet so it hasn't been turned in) can I (if I write up a proposal and everything) use a project that I have already started as a NEWT if it has at least a month's worth of work left on it?

I can't wait to see what you have crafted for the B2H swap; I know your package was delivered.  But since your partner hasn't open it yet, you can submit your completed OWL using image links, with spoiler warnings if Zombri happens to stop in.  And yes, go ahead and submit a NEWT.  As far as using a in-progress project, post pics of what you have done so far and explain how it will take you more than a month to complete the remaining crafting to be done.

P.S. You have feedback now for your first swap.  You are free to go forth and join more! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2013 10:44:49 AM »

pottermouth - WOW.  Those marionettes look fantastic!  Great job on the puppet stage, too!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms class
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: HPC Chart
Brief Description: I really love midkiffsjoy's clipboard for keeping track of HPC classes and challenges, but since I don't need to keep up with an entire family's crafts, I figured I could get away with using a single sheet of parchment.  Smiley  I aged my paper by soaking it in water with coffee grounds, then baking it unti it dried (and singed a little...), then I wrote out all the classes and challenges that have been announced so far.  I'm using round stickers (actually small circles punched out of the middle of sparkly star stickers) to indicate my progress on each class or challenge - red for what I haven't started, yellow for crafts in progress, and green for completed projects.  The stickers aren't very sticky, so it's easy to peel them off and change the color when necessary.  I tried to leave enough room for DA challenges and Bertie Bott's Bean flavors so I can add them as they're announced.  I've stuck my chart up on the fridge and it really helps me keep track of how much I've done.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2013 11:48:19 AM »

~COMPLETED OWL~
OWL Subject & Option: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name:Mandrake Hoopla
Project Page Link (if available): None (yet)
Brief Description: I made a mandrake hoopla for my partner in the Back to Hogwarts 4 swap. I made this hoop using a new technique, stumpwork embroidery. The body is made of brown split stitches, the legs were stitched on a wire frame on another pice of fabric using satin stitch, the leaves were stitched on another piece of fabric using the leaf stitch and fly stitch. I had tons of fun trying out this technique!
Project Picture:

~NEWT PROPOSAL~
NEWT Subject: Divination
House: Slytherin
Project Name: So you have chosen to study divination....
Brief Description: I would like to make myself a book detailing different methods of divination including tarot; cartomancy with a deck of plain playing cards; the elder futhark runes; the celtic ogham runes; scrying with fire using wax, flame, and smoke; scrying with water using the wax on water method, and water gazing; scrying with a mirror; scrying with crystals; scrying with tea leaves; dowsing with a wooden rod; dowsing with a pendulum; palmistry; basic astrology; numerology; basic dream interpretation (excluding a dream dictionary); and ornithomancy. Once I have finished research on all of the methods of divination I will write them out with my quill using walnut ink on small pieces of paper that will be collaged onto paper that is covered in crayon, water color, earth, and other mediums. So far I have made the covers with end papers (the last time I read the Harry Potter series I pulled out the quotes relating to divination and prophecy and wrote them on little slips of paper. So far I have finished the research for tarot and cartomancy using playing cards, and am working on the research for the futhark runes.
Pictures of progress so far:

The pictures are of the front cover, the front endpapers, the back cover, and the back endpapers.
The tarot card on the front cover is the tower.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013 09:07:22 AM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
tiamatfire
« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2013 01:17:54 PM »

Great stuff guys!  I especially like the puppet theatre and charm bracelets!  And way to go everyone who faced their fears too Smiley

I have a few questions about the next DA challenge: if we didn't get a chance to do the first, can we still do the second?  Also, it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend so we'll definitely have a feast worth of the challenge, but I still haven't heard if our fifth person can come or not.  I guarantee though there is more than enough food for at least 10 people, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
jellybean89
« Reply #516 on: October 12, 2013 02:52:57 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Apple
Project Name: Cinnamon Applesauce Bread
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I made cinnamon applesauce bread using this recipe. I made it with homemade applesauce and didn't include the walnuts or raisins.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2013 03:10:26 PM »

COMPLETED NEWT-history of magic
house-gryffindor
project-hogwarts alumni messenger bag

my partner in the b2h swap has recieved so i can post my finished newt! hopefully her pictures turn out better than mine as they are a little blurry. she is a teacher, and she wanted a bag she could carry her laptop and other supplies in. i wanted to be sure it held up so i decided to embellish an existing bag instead of sewing one. i really enjoyed trying diffrent techniques to make this bag special, and to highlight her favorite house, character, and magical creature. i'm making plans to do one for myself next.

I created a drawing of the castle onto freezer paper, and cut it out to create a stencil. you can iron the paper onto fabric, then peel it off when you are finished . i used an iron on backing to add stiffness to the fabric, and added detail to the drawing with black and silver sharpie. then i iron it onto the bag, and stitched it down around the edges.

i also ran freezer paper through my cricut to creat a hogwarts alumni stencil along the bottom.

i wanted it to be a big more professional than a teesha more bag, so i made patches that could be removed when she was out amoung the muggles.

the gryffindor crest is my favorite. i found the pattern on diviantart. it's small but it took hours to complete. i used felt and an iron on backing to finish it so it won't fray.

i pieced the owl in layers of white felt, then added details with embroidery thread. i actually didi this early on, misplaced it and then redid it. it must be nargles.

The final patch is a "weasley is our king" patch in yellow felt and red thread. as a quick extra i also took a teaspoon i found at an estate sale, and modge pauged ron's face on to it, as that is his emotional range according to hermionie. dinkime, who recieved it is planning to turn it into a pin as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
tiamatfire
« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2013 03:18:27 PM »

I finally finished my OWL!

Class: OWL History of Magic - Craft using a vintage technique
House: Gryffindor
Name: Hat and Mitten set

I have a few different winter coats, of different weights and water/wind-proofness.  A necessity up here in Canada!  I wanted a hat and mitten set I could wear with any of them.  The hat and mittens don't directly match, but they will match my coats.  The vintage pattern is the mittens - it's a classic pattern associated with Newfoundland, and written directions can be found here: http://creativewhimsy.wordpress.com/patterns/newfoundland-mitts/  The teal yarn is leftover from my OWL sweater in summer semester.  

The hat is the Wurm pattern on ravelry, and sadly isn't wildly flattering, but is still passable and the double brim will be really warm.

And now a new OWL proposal!

Class: OWL - Care of Magical Creatures
Name: Owl baby layette

I'll be making a layette for our new baby we're expecting in March.  I have a bunch of DK weight brown wool I was going to make myself a vest with, but it's been in stash several years and still hasn't been used.  Since it's really the only stash yarn I have that's acceptable for boy things, I'm going to use it up for a layette!  I'm proposing a sweater, hat, and booties at least.  That should take 3 weeks for sure!

I'll be putting owl cables onto a plain newborn sized cardigan, and also putting owls onto the hat.  I'm not sure yet if I'll put owls onto the booties, I may just make them plain (they might end up crocheted instead of knitted).  I'm using the owl cable from here: http://www.knitculture.com/our-blog/wise-old-owl-hats/ and may modify this hat pattern to make the hat.  I might add ear flaps and ties to help it stay on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Magpirate
« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2013 06:18:22 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: Slytherin Soda Can Cuff
Project Page Link: Here
Brief Description: I made this bracelet out of a Diet Citrus Drop soda can, in the Slytherin colors of green and silver.  This is actually my second attempt, I tried to fold the first one over too many times and it came out all wonky.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Roll Your Own Sushi
How to Make an Asian Glazed Gammon
How to Make Campfire Indian-Spiced Chicken and Sauteed Veggies
How to Cook Grilled Vegetable Chili on a Campfire
Making Sustainable Sushi at Mashiko in Seattle
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...