A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91349 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: October 10, 2013 07:27:51 PM »

~*Have a Drink in the Hog's Head*~
October 10th - November 6th

"Hi," said Fred, reaching the bar first and counting his companions quickly.  "Could we have... twenty-five butterbeers, please?'
The barman glared at him for a moment, then, throwing down his rag irritably as though he had been interrupted in something very important, he started passing up dusty butterbeers from under the bar.

Sometimes darkness lies ahead.  Whether it be a long war against evil, or the long dark nights of autumn and winter.  But even when times are difficult and the road ahead of us looks impossible, there is comfort in sharing a moment of peace, some laughter, and some good food & drink with friends.  For this challenge you will take inspiration from Fred & George, and share a treat with your friends or family.  You must make a food, drink, or sweet treat to share that will serve at least 5 people.  (Not dinner for 2. The purpose of this challenge is to share with a larger group of friends.)  Further, in an effort to broaden the effects of your sharing spirit, you MUST post the complete recipe here in the HPC thread, in order to earn your Badge & House Points.  

***It should go without saying that, like all craft submissions here in the HPC, a picture must also accompany your post. No picture also = no points.***

***Please remember, you can choose to do any, all, or none of the Challenges and Challenge Series that come up.  The goal here is always to have fun and to be excited about our crafting!  None of the Challenges are intended to cause you stress or strife.  Even your Headmistresses do NOT plan to do ALL the things.  So craft on Friends, craft on.***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Naantje
« Reply #501 on: October 11, 2013 01:05:24 AM »

I discovered that innocent smoothies also have a big knit in Belgium! Ill finally be able to do some serious SPEW crafting without stupid shipping costs  Grin And Ive got a lot of leftover yarn thats not quite enough to make large things with, but should be sufficient for the tiny hats Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: October 11, 2013 06:18:10 AM »

Ok, so I can't knit tiny hats for smoothies in the UK, but I did just make a virtual one and shared it on the Facebook wall of our Costume Shop Facebook.  My hat is a Vampire Strawberry.  I am brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #503 on: October 11, 2013 06:39:46 AM »

Oh, I really have to check out the Big Knit - might get some SPEW points for Slytherin that way! Cheesy Thanks for the reminder, Noodle-bug! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: October 11, 2013 06:09:33 PM »

Awesome projects everyone!!!

Mistress Jennie - I, like noodle-bug, have completed the fear of a name challenge. And i am super excited for the hog head challenge!!! I know exactly what i am going to do!

Advanced Studies Friday! I have not been getting as much done as I would like but I'm excited to say I have finished crocheting all the red blocks! I also put together two rows of blocks. They turned out awesome! (I would post pics but I'm out of town at the moment so they'll have to wait). I have almost 300 of my 420 blocks done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #505 on: October 11, 2013 06:18:46 PM »

Hello HPCers! Grin

Way to go to all those who faced their fears!
And I can't wait to take on the Have a Drink in the Hog's Head challenge.  I think I know just what to make; just need to go grocery shopping (spoiler alert: I'm planning on making soup.)

For Advanced Studies Friday:  I haven't even begun my stockings, but I have started my tree skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #506 on: October 11, 2013 07:17:55 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday... Hello fellow advanced studies students!  I have been hiding behind the couch every Friday, just drooling over how everyone is doing and feeling like I had bitten off more then I could chew.. but I can finally come out of the shadows and say I think I am getting there!  I have 69 squares with the black crocheted around the yellow and (due to a miscalculation) 1... yes that is ONE square short of having enough for a 7 X 10 square afghan done for my Hufflepuff dgd!  I have run out of the yellow and am trying to do one more square with a yellow that is close...  Then all I have to do is weave in ends, slip stitch all squares together and crochet a shell stitch around the whole thing...  And I thought I could get this done in 3 weeks!  Poor fool me!  I hope to be finished by Halloween so I can start on dgs's afghan (Slytherin) which I hope to finish by Christmas.  Here are some pics so you can see how its coming.   

That was what I started with and this is what it looks like now...

This is my doing the "Snoopy's Happy Dance"!
Everyone is doing such great work... I am proud to be such company!  Happy Friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #507 on: October 11, 2013 08:18:31 PM »

In the spirit of Advanced Studies Friday, I'd like to propose my first OWL!

OWL Subject & Option: History of Magic, Option 3 (craft something using a vintage pattern, material, or technique)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cottonwood Bark Tower
Brief Description: Woodcarving is one of the oldest forms of art on the planet.  There have been carvings found in Egypt that date back thousands of years.  These days many woodcarvers use power tools, such as Dremels, drills, and even chainsaws, but I prefer a more traditional approach.  For my OWL, I will be carving the old-fashioned way, using only hand tools (knives, gouges, and V-tools).  I plan to make a castle tower out of a piece of cottonwood bark I found in my dad's stash of carving wood.

Week 1: Decide what my tower will look like and rough out the basic shapes.

Week 2: Carve details - the stones of the tower, windows and doors, crenellations, etc.

Week 3: Clean everything up, sand and finish with linseed oil.

I suspect that "Week 2" will last longer than a week...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #508 on: October 11, 2013 08:50:49 PM »

*crawls from Ravenclaw Dormitory, stands up to stretch from a prolonged hunched position, and decides to head to the kitchen in hopes of nicking some toast and catching a glimpse of the activity that's been going on*

So much happening!  Shocked Everyone has been so busy, and I finally have something to share as well.

Class: MS
Project Name: I Pity The Fool wallet
Project Page Link (if available): Bags- The Modern Classics
Brief Description: For the Craftster Craft Challenge 91 I whipped out a new wallet from an old A-Team pillowcase that had no purpose, other than being pretty cool. Now it is actually being used.

Class:Frog Choir
Project Name: Toadally Cute Finger Puppet
Brief Description: Tiny toad puppet made for some tiny fingers!

Completed N.E.W.T. !!!!
Subject: Arithmancy
Project Name: Puppet Theatre
Brief Description: Why I thought it was a great idea to create an entire puppet theatre and marionettes is beyond me because I do not do wood or polymer clay. Ever.  All kinds of math went into the theatre construction, even in the way the curtain operates. The front piece is removable so the panels can be stored inside. I also had to solve the problem of what type of paint adheres to masonite...that was a struggle!

Curtain mechanism:

~*COMPLETED OWL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option (if available): HoM
Project Name: Harry, Ron, and Hermione Marionettes
Brief Description: The puppets are constructed with many components- polymer clay, of course, wooden beads, wooden cups, wire, elastic, suede cloth, paint, wool, and lots of glue!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 11, 2013 09:24:27 PM »

So much amazing stuff! In honor of this Advanced Studies Friday, I have a question (finished my OWL last week but my swap partner hasn't opened yet so it hasn't been turned in) can I (if I write up a proposal and everything) use a project that I have already started as a NEWT if it has at least a month's worth of work left on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Convert Old Photos to Digital
How to Lighten and Darken in Photoshop
How to Change People Clothing with Photoshop
Create Realistic 3D Models with Google SketchUp
How to Remove Facial Blemishes in Photoshop - Photo Editing Tips
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...