A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,249
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 96048 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

netchez
« Reply #450 on: October 05, 2013 09:41:54 PM »

Class/Challenge: Detention in the Dungeon - October
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Maddy's kitchen towels
Project page link:  none
Brief description: I have been meaning to weave my dgd some towels for her play kitchen.  Yesterday she had to borrow a towel from the "big" kitchen to dry her dishes, so I knew it was time!  I had some variegated cotton thread, so I warped the cricket loom and started.  They are sized for her kitchen... 9X12 (finished size).  I used the same thread for both warp and weft and was pleasantly surprised at the pattern the thread made.  The colors reminded me of fall... orange, yellow, and brown.  I also crocheted her a washcloth for her sink out of the same thread; it turned out mostly orange and brown. The towels were done in a plain weave, since the cricket is a rigid heddle loom.  Sorry I didn't take a picture of the washcloth.
Project picture:

Class/Challenge:  S.P.E.W.  "Expectro Patronum"
Project Name:  Something for ErinAquaheart
Project page link:  can't say
Brief description:  can't say
Project photo:  http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=608986&ppuser=253204#axzz2guePJaVP

Class/Challenge:  S.P.E.W.
S.P.E.W. information:  donation to the local baby pantry
Project Name:  Blue Camo baby hat
Project page link: micahmakes.com
Brief description:  This hat was made for a 9-12 month old. With cold weather coming on, the wee ones need to be warm.  The colors are a blue camo, and seen from above (as any dragon would be) all one sees is the reflection of the sky with the forest.  Good protection.
Project picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2013 08:08:54 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Just a reminder: The Fear of a Name Challenge ends on October 9th.  There will be a new Join the DA! challenge posted on October 10th.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jellybean89
« Reply #452 on: October 06, 2013 12:55:10 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Infinity Scarf
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For alchemy class, I made a crocheted infinity scarf. I didn't use a pattern; I just made a chain the length I wanted the scarf to be and double crocheted into each stitch until it was tall enough. I gave one end a half-twist when I sewed the ends together so it only has one side like a Mobius strip.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army - Fear of a Name Challenge
Project Name: Knit Dishcloth
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: This dishcloth is my first completed knitting project. I've been practicing knitting off and on for a while, but I kept avoiding working on a real project, thinking it would be too difficult and fearing failure. I finally decided to just make something and used this dishcloth pattern. I like knitting now that I know I can do it, and I've already started my next project.  Tongue
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2013 01:22:15 PM »

I apologize for not having been on lately.  I HAVE to stop waiting till the last minute to post my weekly SPEW.  We come home and I make my SPEW while watching Doctor Who, and then fall asleep before I get it posted.  Sad  ALB and I have been clearing fence line up at Netchez's ranch.  He's learned how to use a chain saw and I learned how to top a tree.  Both techniques that are new and scary, neither of which we could figure out how to make into a project.  Though.... building fence *might* be considered a project.  I don't know how "crafty" it is.  Just a plain fence to keep goats out of an orchard. Smiley Erin, we think of your everyday and wish for you to get better.  *hugs*

I'll catch up soon.  Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  4 flat fold diapers *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*Cloth diapers *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Made another 4 flat fold diapers from a pretty plaid flannel sheet.  I didn't really enjoy working with this sheet.  It stretched. These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* 3 newborn prefold diapers *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I made 3 newborn prefold diapers from a pretty plaid flannel sheet.  I didn't really enjoy working with this sheet.  It stretched. These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  2 new born prefold cloth diapers *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I made 2 newborn prefold diapers from a flannel receiving blanket. These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  2 new born prefold cloth diapers *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I made 2 newborn prefold diapers from a flannel receiving blanket. These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  4 cloth baby wipes *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*Cloth baby wipes *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I made these baby wipes from bits of flannel left over from making cloth diapers. These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Nursing pads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Nursing pads *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I haven't made nursing pads in a while, but I got a request for some more. These are being donated to be handed out to mother's at a local hospital.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Nursing pads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Nursing pads *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I haven't made nursing pads in a while, but I got a request for some more. These are being donated to be handed out to mother's at a local hospital.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Nicajeanie
« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2013 03:18:48 PM »

Class: Divination
Project Name: Kitty Toys
Project Description: I crocheted a swinging toy with a jingle bell ball and kitty litter shrimp on the end. The second is a mouse stuffed with his favorite thing to lay on...plastic grocery bags.
Project Pictures:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkdelia
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2013 04:02:27 PM »

Havent been able to post anything lately  Cry but i have one thing done and working on my Fear of a name challenge so will post both when i finish that.

All the projects look amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2013 06:54:48 PM »

Yay! Our headmistress received my swap package to her! She's not opening it until Monday so my Dumbledore's Army challenge will get in  just in time and I am so excited! I really hope she likes her things and then I can post them all in my classes. Sheesh! I've only been crafting for swaps that haven't come up yet so it looks like I've been slacking. I solemnly swear I have NOT been slacking lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: October 06, 2013 07:08:16 PM »

Since my update yesterday morning, I have completed 14 more bracelets!  4 of which will be counted towards other classes and challenges, and 10 of which will be added to my NEWT total.  Cheesy 
54 days and 30+ bracelets to go!

Yesterday saw lots of things completed.  In fact I beaded/completed 6 more bracelets!  4 of which will count towards my NEWT, and two which are for classes & challenges.  Pictures and posts coming soon. Smiley

56 days and 40+ bracelets to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
AugustBell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #458 on: October 06, 2013 08:12:03 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Dishcloth set
Brief Description: I made this dishcloth set for Mistress Jennie as a personal swap for some stitch markers she made for my best friend's birthday. These were a lot of fun to make! And lucky me, there are FOUR of them!!  Grin
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #459 on: October 06, 2013 10:00:10 PM »

::A loud bang is heard coming from Hagrid's house and then Ant Bee is seen on his roof wildly dancing and carrying on while fang howls up at her from the pumpkin patch and the half-giant tries to get her down between bouts of old pub songs and the occasional sea shanty. If you didn't know better you might suspect she has been using one of Hagrid's large tumblers to share a fire whiskey with her old friend in celebration of her recent WoW news. But surely she wouldn't be so bold as all that? Although, now that you think of it that would explain why there was no S.P.E.W. Review yet this week...::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 2
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 1
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 4
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...