A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 90028 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crafty_Kat
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2013 08:49:12 AM »

Name: Crafty Kat
House: Gryffindor
Class: Flying
Project: Flying Car
Project page link: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kitkat12/little-blue-crochet-car

I crafted this flying car, and Harry and Ron were happy to take it out to test it. It works as great as the original at protecting young wizards against giant spiders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2013 09:17:09 AM »

Crafty Kat, your Flying Car is adorable! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #432 on: October 04, 2013 09:40:50 AM »

~*Happy Advance Studies Friday!*~
The day we post about our OWLs & NEWTs, with progress pics welcome.  Cheer on those taking their Wizarding Exams.  And if you don't have one going already, take this opportunity to propose an OWL/NEWT. (note, you can propose an OWL/NEWT any day of the week)  So.....how is everyone doing? Grin

I have NO Wizard Exams going! Shocked  (I've been working on & wrapping up my Back to Hogwarts swap package.)  But I'm here to fix that...I dedicate my next OWL & NEWT to holiday crafting. Grin

NEWT Subject: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: 2 Hogwarts Stockings
Brief Description: I set out to study Ancient Runes by interpreting several charts which include various color changes and images of: Holly, Witch Hat, Bubbling Cauldron, Broom, and Snitch. I propose to create 2 Hogwarts Stockings using a charted design, which will definitely keep me on my toes!  (portkey to Ravelry pattern page)

OWL Subject & Option: Divination, Option 2-Dream Item
Project Name: Dreaming of a Rippled Tree Skirt
Brief Description: I have been dreaming of making a tree skirt for myself, pretty much every year since I've lived on my own.  But I usually never take the time to make myself something, especially around the holidays.  Well, I think it's time to whip up this dream item.  I'll be using a ripple pattern (portkey to Ravelry pattern page) to crochet up a tree skirt for myself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: October 04, 2013 12:20:08 PM »

@pinkleo:  Your OWL & NEWT sound divine! 

~*Advanced Studies Friday Update*~
This week has seen a lot more setting up & starting of bracelets, but not as much completing.  I've be-charmed 14 new ones in the last two days.  There's a picture of some of the newly begun ones below.  Hope to be beading these all afternoon and evening.  And probably most of tomorrow.  I hope to have at least 10 of them completed by Sunday night.   Roll Eyes

57 days and 44+ bracelets to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2013 12:47:42 PM »

I have finished my herbology OWL, though I will not be turning it in until my partner from the Back to Hogwarts swap receives it.

pinkleo both of those projects sound positively wondrous.
Mistress Jennie congrats on you progress so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #435 on: October 04, 2013 01:42:11 PM »

a couple more classes finished Grin  started my second round of chemo yesterday so we will see how much I can get done over the next week. 

Advanced Friday Update!!!!: I am almost done! I have two done and one that only has one side left to complete. Hope to finish that by tomorrow.

Class: Astronomy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: LIttle Lady Kitten
Project Description: A little kitten that is looking over the hillside at the rising moon. Watercoloring makes me so happy and Little Lady Kitten is a new character I'm working on.

Class: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Mad Ball Bag
Project Description: I wove a drawstring bag to keep all my balls that I throw when I get really frustrated and angry at my cancer. Its great therapy and I made sure the balls are really light so that they won't break anything. And the bag will be a perfect day at the beach bag when I start to feel better!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #436 on: October 04, 2013 04:03:18 PM »

Ooooh! I LOVE the harry, Ron and flying car!  What's that little house I can just see next to it?

ErinAquaheart, your Little Lady Kitten character is adorable!  I love how close the moon is, too - so otherworldly and cool!  And your "balls to cancer" Wink  bag is a great idea!  It will be awesome for the beach, too.  Excellent plan! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: October 04, 2013 08:32:41 PM »

Advance Study Friday Update:
I have a total of 246 blocks. And I've put four together. Still a lot to go but I'm getting somewhere!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: September Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Link Pillow
Brief Description: I started this pillow sometime last year and just havent gotten back to it. I finally sewed the pieces together and stuffed the little guy. Hes the perfect throw pillow for my nerdy themed movie room!
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Detention
Project Name: Camp Half Blood Shirt
Brief Description: I LOVE fall colors!!! I also love the Percy Jackson series. Luckily for me, Camp Half-Blood T-Shirts are the awesome fall color of orange. So I whipped up one of these not only to appease mean old Flich but also myself!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: October 05, 2013 05:38:24 AM »

Yesterday saw lots of things completed.  In fact I beaded/completed 6 more bracelets!  4 of which will count towards my NEWT, and two which are for classes & challenges.  Pictures and posts coming soon. Smiley

56 days and 40+ bracelets to go.

~*Advanced Studies Friday Update*~
This week has seen a lot more setting up & starting of bracelets, but not as much completing.  I've be-charmed 14 new ones in the last two days.  There's a picture of some of the newly begun ones below.  Hope to be beading these all afternoon and evening.  And probably most of tomorrow.  I hope to have at least 10 of them completed by Sunday night.   Roll Eyes

57 days and 44+ bracelets to go.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Magpirate
« Reply #439 on: October 05, 2013 07:57:06 AM »

Mistress Jennie - All your bracelets are amazing!  Kudos for doing such an ambitious project.

ErinAquaheart - Little Lady Kitten is really cute!  I like how her hair and dress are blowing in the wind.  Nice bag, too - you're right, it'll make a great beach bag!

BadWolf314 - Aww, Link Pillow is adorable.  Smiley  Your Camp Half-Blood shirt is really well done, is it stencilled?

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Apple
Project Name: Johnny Appleseed Apple Carving
Brief Description: John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, wandered the American frontier in the late 1700s and early 1800s, planting apple trees.  He is usually depicted barefoot, wearing tattered clothes and a tin pot on his head.  I carved this apple in his honor.
Project Picture:

...then I ate it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Catan 5 and 6 Player Extensions
Catan: Traders and Barbarians
Catan Cities and Knights Board Game Review
Vox Time Machine Delay Pedal Gear Review
How to Play Catan Seafarers Board Game
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...