A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 93216 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2013 03:48:34 PM »

I just realised that I haven't commented on all those fabulous class projects since the 18th, so this is going to be a very long catch up!! Wink

@Pinkleo: I just LOVE your baby hats, and HELLO to a fellow Whovian (looks like we're creating a Dalek Army here on HPC. OOPS! That egg cozy is definitely on my to do list!
@Audania: Oh wow, those pods just look so real! I thought you might have used polymer clay and was about to ask how you did them!! And the jam just sounds delish!
@Noodlebug: The pillow cases are always needed. Well done you on sewing the zippers in I've not even attempted those (and really dreading it!). Followed your tip on the Prym loom, Lidl had some (different make) in today unfortunately just hubby size so will have to get some my size. Wink  Loving your baby quilt, it's gorgeous! Looking forward to your OWL update, the twin double sided blanket sounds intriguing). Wow... what a great idea to use old books for bookmarks!! Book crossing   I really have to look into that, as I have a couple of books I would to put on their path, but am not sure how to do it.
Your cake pops look just delish! Give your flatmates a big kick up the you-know-where!! Really, a bit of common sense not to take anything wrapped with ribbon! -  Don't take anything from someone else without asking full stop!! Grrrr!!!
And sending (((hugs))) to you.
@Dynamine: Welcome to Slytherin house!! Smiley
@Mistress Jennie: Wow, your bracelet NEWT (?) project sounds amazing & ambitious!! And I keep my fingers crossed you'll manage it! Smiley I just LOVE your charm bracelets, although I'm not a bracelet wearer (definitely not with the twins around, they have enough fun changing my watch settings, can't even imagine what they would do with/to a bracelet on my arm!).
Ooooh... Lobster Roll! We went to New England for our honeymoon (plus Canada), but I never tried that one. Really have to safe this recipe!
@DragonChilde: Those canned pears look yummmm!!! Never done canning myself, something to look into!!
@Midskiffjoy: I don't think our yarn over the pond is different. It's just different name for weights, and then the difference in needle/hook size etc. So, as long as you use similar weight/ply for the pattern, you can use it (Our aran weight is your worsted for example or as close as).
Loving all your hats, and I get more and more inspiration to sit down and try the Thing 1 & Thing 2 hat patterns from Micah for my twins. It's amazing how many crafty things you're firing out at the moment, all those hats, and Newborn stuff.
@Butterflyangel: I'm usually not the person for abstract paintings, but really love the colour schemes of yours!
@Abbeeroad: Oh, I WANT THAT TABLET COSY!! Wink Now where to get a tablet first???
@Nicajeanie: Those perlers are just so cute! And the Hufflepuff Key chain is something I might have to look into (technique wise).  I'm loving the colours on your Grannie Squares (enlighten me what are prayer shawls?), and that flying squirrel looks really good!
@pottermouth: Wow! Just WOW! I'm not doing altered books, but that one really looks fab!!
@PotterheadAlways: Welcome to HPC!
@WhistleFish: Yet more of your lists in the Project Life Style! I HAVE to check out this 30 Days of Lists - might do that in November myself. Wink And your Project Life layouts are great, too!
@Netchez: A Hedwig!! Sooo cute! And the shopping bag is going onto my to do list, too.  And I nearly missed Ollie the owl! He's cute, too!
@Vincentvanbuck: That painting looks really good! And yes, I was always told to look from different angles/distances at pictures (specially when in a Gallery!).
@Magpirate: GREAT idea of the glass painting!! The picture really looks great! And the Moon checkers set just reminded me of the Terry's Chocolates ad (Full moon half moon total eclipse!). LOL. Loving your Phoenix, too!
@BadWolf: The stamp looks fab. Smiley And well done on your OWL progress! And being a fan of the 10th Doctor, I can say that your digital drawing is looking good! Smiley

Right... that's me, off to bed again now. Hopefully get some crafting done tomorrow (the Hobbits are at the grandparents overnight, so we can get everything sorted for the Comic Mart and I can drive hubby to the place for set up with the full space in the car).

Err.. mmmmh... and sorry for the long long post of commenting. Wink

@Ant Bee: Yeah, I'm sure that my owl from Diagon Alley is still underway, as is the one from Hogsmeade... must have taken refuge somewhere in the suddenly colder weather * cough *
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2013 03:50:07 PM »

Hope you feel better soon! Kiss

1)Classes remain the same all semester
2)Detention changes every month, but you have all term to complete them.
3)The Bertie Bott's Bean Challenge changes every 2 weeks.  And the new DA Super Challenge has varying deadlines, which are clearly posted.  Other than that, there may be challenge with deadlines within a semester.

Feeling better already, Pink, thanks! Madame Pomfrey really knows her stuff. Wink

Thanks for clarifying all this for me. That helps a lot with planning etc.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013 03:59:19 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2013 07:52:09 PM »

Class: Herbology
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name:  Bashful Protective Hat
Brief Description: A coworker of mine (a muggle...but she's still great) is dressing her little boy up as Bashful for Halloween. She requested a "Bashful" hat for him to wear. I went a step further and not only crocheted him a little hat but I went a step farther and placed some protective enchantments on it to keep the little boy safe. They will be joining me at my great auntie Johanna's for the weekend and the crazy witch has planted a Whomping Willow to guard her garden from the deer. Hopefully this hat will do its job and keep him safe!
Project Picture: (I tried to get Luna to model the hat for me but she was absolutely not having it so this will have to do.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2013 08:08:20 PM »

BadWolf314~ That Hulk stamp is wonderful! I have been wondering, what does one use to carve lasting stamps? I have done the potato route but those aren't meant to last and after seeing all of the wonderful hand-carved stamps here I really want to try my hand at stamp carving.
Inselaeffchen~ I'm not a Whovian (though I have been told that I would enjoy the show), but I think that washcloth looks great!
WistleFish~ I positively LOVE the Bashful Hat!

I have finally started school at a muggle school called a "Community College" as a part of my muggle studies project, and so I think that from now on I will be checking in with Hogwarts on Fridays (until they give me an extended break, that is). This will, I believe allow me to get the most out of this multi-year field study project.  I am still hard at work on my Herbology OWlL (and am almost done with the main part it), and have been working on it on the muggle bus to and from the "Community College" (I can't Portkey, Apparate, or Floo to a muggle school, obviously, and I don't yet know how to drive)

Oh, I forgot to add that this OWL is talking a little longer than I expected (I expected to be almost done now) due to delays in starting after I had the design drawn up, it should still take the required amount of time (roughly) in spite of the delays .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013 09:01:01 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2013 08:21:55 PM »

DragonChilde I use Speedball Speedy Carve rubber sheets. They are really easy to carve, which is nice for beginners like me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
jellybean89
« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2013 01:50:46 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Lobster
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cat Collar Bow Tie
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I made a red bow tie for my cat's collar based on this tutorial. It was sewn mostly by hand, and I added a loop on the back of the bow (instead of making a neck strip) so I can slip it onto her collar.
Project Picture:

(Please ignore the cat fur Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2013 03:37:12 PM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday!*~

And to celebrate, I'm turning in my completed Herbology OWL. Grin

OWL Subject & Option: Herbology
SPEW: Elephant Tears (ravelry link)-collects blankets for to add a personal touch to the bereavement packages provided by the hospital to families who have lost a baby due to unfortunate circumstances,as well as giving those parents a very tangible item to bring them comfort in the coming days, weeks, or months. 
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Capturing Hearts Comfort Ghan
Proposal Post
Pattern Using: Little Heart Scrapghan (ravelry link)
Brief Description:  For my Herbology OWL, I cultivated Lamprocapnos spectabilis, also known as Bleeding Heart, which is found in many witches' gardens.  My OWL plan was to cultivate the heart flowers and transfigure them into parts of a blanket.  I joined these hearts into a ghan that will hopefully give comfort to those who grieve.  This was a new-to-me pattern, that gave me some trouble, but in the end I've tweaked it and enjoyed the final product. 

and while I'm here...

Class: Divination
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Fizzy
Free Pattern Page Link: Mr. Tibbles the Cat by Claudia van K.
Brief Description: I popped into the Magical Menagerie I spied the most adorable pink kitten.  Well I know she was meant to live with me.  When I got home my daughter fell in love with her so now she is her kitten.  She has named her Fizzy and takes her everywhere! Grin

Crafty Details
Yarn Used: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight Prints (Pink Sugar)..used about .8 of a skein
Hook Used: B hook
Measures: 8-1/2 inches tall

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013 03:38:48 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2013 07:04:00 PM »

Oh-no! I'm falling so far behind in my Hogwarts studies. Muggle's classes are so time consuming, but I'll be flying in soon with some finished work. Love  everybody crafty magic so far!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Crafty_Kat
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2013 01:38:36 PM »

Hi, I'd LOVE to join the HP craft along; I just wish I would have learned of it sooner, as I've been busy working on Hagrid's  hut in plastic canvas, Hagrid in needle felt, and the Harry Potter characters in crochet (this past month).  I also just started sculpting HP minis in polymer clay for my Hagrid's hut. 

Can I be in Gryffindor...or is everyone in Gryffindor, lol?

Thanks,
Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2013 01:51:44 PM »

Hi Kat.  Welcome to the HPC!  You can join at any time, so don't worry about not finding us sooner.  As for what House you belong to, our Sorting Hat lets YOU decide that.  Wink  So if you declare yourself a Gryffindor, then a Gryffindor you will be!  Be sure to read through the first page of this thread, which will explain most of how the Craftalong works.  If you have questions after that, please don't hesitate to PM Headmistress pinkleo AND myself (Deputy Headmistress).  Or, you can always ask a question here in the thread.  The other participants are very helpful, and many have been with us for several semesters now, so they know their way around the 'castle' quite well!  Cheers!   Cheesy

Hi, I'd LOVE to join the HP craft along; I just wish I would have learned of it sooner, as I've been busy working on Hagrid's  hut in plastic canvas, Hagrid in needle felt, and the Harry Potter characters in crochet (this past month).  I also just started sculpting HP minis in polymer clay for my Hagrid's hut. 

Can I be in Gryffindor...or is everyone in Gryffindor, lol?

Thanks,
Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Make Easy Korean Beef Stir Fry
Learn to Make Hoisin Ribs and Chow Mein Noodles
Learn to Make Simple Dim Sum
How to Make Campfire Indian-Spiced Chicken and Sauteed Veggies
How to Cook Grilled Vegetable Chili on a Campfire
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...