A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 100065 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2013 05:13:46 AM »

Class; Flying
House: ravenclaw
Project:
We all fly low in muggle areas, to avoid being spotted, right? Well, I came across some weird game they have set up that you need to watch out for... they put string across the garden and they put wet clothes on the string and leave them there. It's just at foot height, so be careful not to snag yourself like I did; I almost came off my broom when i got caught round my ankle the other day... but I did come away with a new pair of socks attached to my tail twigs!

Challenge; Shhhhh! No project posted here ... nothing to see, move right along please ( DA Fear of a name challenge)
Project:
like i said, nothing to see, no need for any DADA professors to look at anything
The Hat of Decreasing and weird pick ups at the back is done! Lots of decreasing, some weird picking up on the back, and some sewing up. Totally busted my knitting fears! RAAAAAA
It's DEFINITELY a girls hat, so I can't give it to Peter, but I think my sister would like it for her upcoming birthday. Plus

~*COMPLETED OWL*~
OWL Subject & Option: Arithmancy
House:
Project: rainbow quilt Cheesy
shiz is bout to get pictorial
whole thing
rainbow fabrics (cottons)
top part (felt appliqué on cotton) with sashiko-ish stitching
the whole thing is hand sewn except the binding which I did on a machine to be less intrusive on the design. I use a technique which is sort of my modified version of sashiko (japanese 'little stabs' stitching that I LOVE) so the back ends up with an outline of the front on it:
I used Winceyette stuff on the back, so it's super soft and fleecy, and I like how the textures of that work with the stitched areas Smiley

I'm really pleased with how this came out! I know it's a bit not-done to be self congratulatory, but I really am happy with this project. the guy who it's for (for his baby) is a really great guy, he's been so good to me the last few months during a pretty horrific boyfriend breakup (I had been with my feller for nearly 4 years. Then his wife rang me. Jaw, meet floor) and so I'm really excited to have something to show him how much I appreciate his support.

which bring me to...... a new OWL proposal! Because a few of the guys at work are starting or extending families, and I can't really make a blanket for Jamie without doing something for all of them. So, Brian's twins are up next:
~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option: Astronomy Option 3
Project Name: Double sided blanket
Brief Description: Finding dark matter is a doodle compared to raising twins! Poor Brian (and poor Brian's wife!). I will be making them a blanket where it will be impossible to see the whole design at once, since it will be two sided (one side per baby!) Smiley
The main part will be woven felt strips, with a linen borders and some felt appliqué decoration on the linen. All hand sewn again. I'm hoping to have the weaving constructed and start sewing it in week one, finish sewing it in week two, make the appliqué for the borders in week 3, and sew the borders on in week 4. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2013 06:03:38 AM »

So many amazing and lovely things!! I have never done a craftalong before...but I feel like this one is going to be a good place to jump in.

Slytherin seems to be calling.... Wink

Welcome dynamine!  If you have questions, feel free to check the first page of the thread, or to send a PM to Headmisstress Pinkleo & I.  You can also of course ask questions in the thread.  Many of the participants have been here for more than one "semester" and know their way around. 

And random note for everyone else....  Dynamine and I actually met in real life the other day!  While standing in line at the post office!  What a small wizarding world it is. Smiley

(I had been with my feller for nearly 4 years. Then his wife rang me. Jaw, meet floor)

Um, whoa.  That is rough my dear.  But I'm glad to know you've had some good friends around through such an experience!

And of course, like everyone else, I adore your socks.  And Your Rainbow Quilt is fabulous! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: September 19, 2013 06:48:29 AM »

NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Around the world in 80 Bracelets (and 79 Days!)

Brief Description:  I have set myself a goal of making 80 -100 charm bracelets before the end of this semester.  Initially I was reluctant to make this into a NEWT project for problems that I discussed with our fearless Headmistress. But I have found that I really do need the encouragement and cheering on of my friends here in the HPC as I look towards this daunting task.  I actually began the project last Friday, but did not post my proposal until after talking it through with the Headmistress and getting her approval.  During this next 73 days, I may occasionally post a new bracelet as class or challenge project (if they match up), but these will not be counted towards the 80-100 total.  These will be separate projects, and will be noted as such.

So now, here we are, ready for my first update, within my proposal post.

In the past 6 days I have completed 13 bracelets.  I have also begun putting together 10 more which are now in-process.  I hope to have these done by Saturday afternoon, and be working on some new ones by Sunday. 

73 days and 67+ bracelets to go. Wish me luck friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2013 07:25:50 AM »

WOW  Shocked  That is very ambitious and also totally awesome since you make such amazing bracelets!!  You can totally do it - of that I have no doubt!  Go you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
dynamine
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2013 08:11:53 AM »

Welcome dynamine!  If you have questions, feel free to check the first page of the thread, or to send a PM to Headmisstress Pinkleo & I.  You can also of course ask questions in the thread.  Many of the participants have been here for more than one "semester" and know their way around. 

And random note for everyone else....  Dynamine and I actually met in real life the other day!  While standing in line at the post office!  What a small wizarding world it is. Smiley

Thank you! I read through the entirety of this thread, and looked through some of the previous semesters as well. It's daunting to say the least! I am hoping it kickstarts my creativity, as I've been in a slump the last few months....

We did! Your fabulous bag made me sort of ignore my natural social bleaurgh-iness. TINY world!

Also, good luck with the bracelet project! It sounds like a valiant task, at the very least. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dynamine/
http://tinydynamine.etsy.com
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2013 09:37:53 AM »

Welcome to SLYTHERIN dynamine!
noodle-bug - I adore those socks! They look so pretty and cozy. That hat looks wonderful as well. The baby quilt you made? It is positively adorable.
jennieingram - That is an ambitious NEWT! I can't wait to see all the bracelets! I love all the ones I have seen so far

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Canned Pears
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: As urban farmers, my family is a part of the local Farm Co-op list serve and one of the things they do regularly are bulk buys. Basically, you get a chance to buy bulk organic produce straight from the farmers (in quantities like 20, 30, 35, etc. pound cases). THis time around we got a case of pears, a case of Gala apples, a case of Honeycrisp apples, and a case of Yukon Gold potatoes. THe pears are really good but they came in a 30 pound case (maybe 35 I don't exactly remember) and there was no way we would be able to eat them before the lot went bad. As a result, last night my mother and I canned pears until 11:30. We ended up with 9 jars of canned pears that sealed beautifully. The pears had to be water processed for 25 minutes and when we pulled them out of the canner, the jars seemed to glow with a soft white/yellow light which looked very similar to moonlight. The pears themselves are also a pale white color reminiscent of the moon. I opened one of the jars this morning and they were a little soft but delicious!
Project Picture:

We canned in a very light syrup (10.5 cups of water with 1.25 cups of sugar) that had ascorbic acid added to it as per the instructions on the bottle to prevent growing. We peeled cut and cored the pears and layered them in jars. Then we poured hot syrup over the fruit leaving headspace of 0.25 inches. Once the water canner was properly heated, we put rings and lids on the jars and processed them for 25 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013 04:58:19 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2013 09:44:48 AM »

GO JENNIE! GO JENNIE! GO JENNIE! WOOOOOOOOH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2013 10:36:46 AM »

GO JENNIE! GO JENNIE! GO JENNIE! WOOOOOOOOH!

You just made my day dear.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2013 12:31:29 PM »

LOVE that rainbow baby quilt, noodle!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2013 07:39:00 PM »

Magpirate-  I love your chain mail bracelet.  Smiley  I've never *fused* glass, but I've always wanted to MOLD glass into marbles.  You're right about glass being a little scary, but I think it's really all in our heads.  You're gonna wear gloves, not put the cat anywhere near the microwave, and follow the directions, right?  When in doubt I always check out You Tube videos.  If they can do it, you can do it.  Cheesy

pinkdelia- omg.... Hufflepuff socks!!!!  Awesome!!! Cheesy

jellybean89- oh I LOVE your pygmy puff!!!!  I've never managed to do anything with fuzzy yarn.  I wonder what socks out of that yarn would be like.  *pondering*

jennieingram- Those are awesome stitch markers!!! Smiley  *about bracelets* GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!YOU CAN DO IT!!!!  Cheesy

SenatorOrgana- awwwww  Your Luna is adorable. Smiley

BadWolf314- omg That picture box is so AWESOME!!! Cheesy

Inselaeffchen- I sortta follow the Micah Makes pattern, and sortta “jimmie” it to work for me.  Asi asi.  I've never found a crocheted circle/hat pattern that was *perfect*.  They're *all* a little wonkie.  Oh wow.  After a Texas Summer the idea of it “getting cool in Scotland” sounds appealing.  Is yarn really different over there?  I heard that yarn in the U.K. was different than the yarn in the U.S. and that's why U.S. patterns weren't appropriate for U.K. yarn.  That just sounds crazy to me!!!! Smiley Mine like to get into my crafting too.  The 4yo has her own clay to shape with ABS, and the toddler has her own rotery cutter (minus blade) so she can “cut” fabric along with me.  Keeps them occupied. Smiley

Pinkleo- I love your Gryffindor baby hat!!!  I'm lovin the trim!!!  Kinda looks like knitted trim on a crocheted hat.  Cheesy

Audania1- O.M.G. O.O  PUMPKINS!!!!  Those are so cool!!!  Strawberry lime & vanilla jam?  *Mind*Blown* 

noodle-bug- lol  My grandma was kinda like that with the hurricane lanterns on the coffee table. Smiley
Oh those are FABULOUS socks!!!  The muggles will NEVER hear where they went from ME. Smiley  Neat hat.... I mean....  what?..... I didn't see anything.... Oh I LOVE the quilt!!!  It reminds me of one I had when I was little. Smiley  I had a situation kinda like that one.  Only I was the wife... *shiver*  Never good.  *hugs*  om That ticker is soooooooo Smiley  *giggle*

DragonChilde- *drool* ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pearsssssssssssssssss *insert Homer Simpson drool face here* 

Oh my.  Two days away was two days too much.  Smiley  You know that feeling when you sit down to work on a project that you *think* is gonna be easy and a lot of fun, and it IS fun ….. for the first two days and then you're just like......... omg.......... how do people DO this???  Does it ever end???  Well I'm not done with that one yet.  Rofl  SO I'm posting these instead!!! Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Bertie Bott's Lobster *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  *S.P.E.W.* Crocheted Santa Claus Hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: One of the things I miss most from my childhood.....  When I was very small the entire family gathered at our house for Christmas.  We were the “country cousins”, the ranch being in our family since 1834.  Two sets of grandparents, an aunt and uncle, four cousins.  It doesn't sound like many now, but as a child they were my world and the few gatherings that I remember are cherished memories worth their weight in gold.  I can still see the boys bringing in the Christmas tree, dusted with snow.  It was snowing on Christmas eve.  The twinkle of lights of tinsel.  So magical.  The HUGE table COVERED with dishes of food.  Sitting in my high chair, licking all of the cheese out of the celery.  *Giggle*  Got away with it TWICE before I got caught.  Smiley  Such great memories.  SO for MY project I crocheted a baby Santa hat.  To represent Christmas.  I didn't use a pattern.  I hdc 6 into a magic circle, and then started increasing.  What a HUGE difference 2 stitches make. Smiley 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  4 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 4 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Yay for new flannel!!!  These are all identical.  One side is football print and the other side is solid blue.  These are made of two 13” X 11” pieces of flannel with a 4 layer inner pad sandwiched between them.  Smiley  These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About "Ponies" by the Artist Jeff Koons
Painting Lesson - Infused Light
Painting Lesson - Spotlight Effect
Painting Lessons - Landscape Commission 1
Learn About "Gold Marilyn Monroe" by Andy Warhol
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...