A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,942
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 99946 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: September 18, 2013 11:15:47 AM »

House Pride
House:Gryffindor ROAR
SPEW: Donating to Bundles of Joy
Project Name: Gryffie Baby Beanie
Brief Description: I adore making these baby hats!  I can't stop!!! Grin
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: September 18, 2013 11:25:26 AM »

Hey there all! I am alive!! I've been lurking, but have had nothing to post since it's all for swaps that haven't sent yet lol. But I am loving everything I'm seeing! You guys are so inspiring! And welcome to Hogwarts new peeps!

And, holy moly, I actually have two things to post for Ravenclaw!!

Class: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Title: When Pumpkins Attack
Link: None
Description: I made a bunch (55) of these pumpkin push pins for a cork board to help keep track of notes, cards, ideas, etc. with a little Autumn twist.  Cheesy

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Strawberry lime and Vanilla Jam
Link: http://jillianinitaly.com/2012/04/19/strawberry-lime-vanilla-jam/
Description: Jera means harvest and plenty and I bought a harvest of plenty of strawberries for this jam.  Wink And I've already given two jars away to friends and family lol before taking the photo.
I went to the Farmer's market on Saturday and normally I buy 3/4 of my produce from this one booth who always have great food, a great price and they are super personable. So, when I went this week, they had a new guy in the crew who was helping me and I didn't think anything of letting him choose my flat of strawberries because they always do a fantastic job. Well, this time I checked it after I got home and about 1/3 of the berries were rotten  Undecided and I couldn't eat all of the rest that were going to go in a day or two. So, I weeded out all of the baddies and then froze half of what was left. There were still about 5 or 6 cups of good strawberries and I decided to make jam out of them especially since I'd gotten about 20 limes for a buck as well. The recipe in the link calls for a vanilla bean or two and I used two, but I pulled them out of my rum this time and holy moly what a delicious difference that made!!! These beans had been making vanilla extract for about 3 months and it is amazing! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #292 on: September 18, 2013 12:15:36 PM »

~*Headmistress Memo*~
What amazing crafty magic!!!  And I can't wait to join our brave students wishing to join DA. Cool

Welcome to Hogwarts New & Returning Students Ant Bee, Audania1, butterflyangel, DragonChilde, jellybean89, Magpirate, musicalflower, pottermouth, SenatorOrgana, and WeeFreeRhie.

~*Portkey to Fall 2013 HPC Pinterest Page*~: Updated to this post.

~*Smiles & Joy*~
@Ant Bee: I bow down to the awesomeness of the Cot7F!!! Cool
@Audania1: Those Pumpkin Pins are so cute!  And mmmmm...Strawberry lime and Vanilla Jam sounds delish! Grin
@BadWolf314: such a clever photo album
@DragonChilde: What a great journal page ((HUGS)) Kiss
@ErinAquaheart: I am sending ((HUGS)) and bright blessings. Kiss
@jellybean89: What a fab cinnamon bean project & what an adorable pink puff Smiley
@jennie: You ROAR!!!! Kiss
@Magpirate: Your Ravenclaw Chainmaille Bracelet is fantastic! Grin
@midkiffsjoy: Your SPEW dedication is A-MA-ZING!  ((HUGS))  And what fantastical & magically breads! Cool
@Moonflame: I absolutely adore your Sheepish Night and toadstool pincusion. Cool
@musicalflower: mmmm...Your Potion sounds divine! Smiley
@netchez: The perfect Frog Choir Hat! Grin
@Nicajeanie: I ♥ LOVE♥  your SPEW Squares! Grin
@pinkdelia: Your Whomping Willow fingerless gloves look so cozy and love your Puff Socks! Grin
@pottermouth: I have to say again how much I ♥ your HPC Love Mini Book. (I voted for you!) Grin
@rockmygypsysoul: Love the Cats in Love! Grin
@SenatorOrgana: Fabulous Moon ATC...and love your username Cool
@TechnicolorAquahearts: I adore your frog cozy...so cute Grin
@WeeFreeRhie: cute kitty embroidery Smiley

~*Quote Station*~
Everything looks great so far! I just realized that the name of this craftalong is a redundancy. HPC craftalong = Harry Potter Craftalong craftalong, yes? *giggles*
Cheesy I'll fix that Cheesy

Dumbledore's Army?! You bet your pointed hat I'm excited!!
Cheesy Must use this expression any chance I get! Grin

Hihi! Wow this craftalong is always so popular!!  Grin So I'm back again and hopefully I'll be better at participating than the past two times!
So happy to have you return...and so giddy that so many find a crafty home here at Hogwarts. Grin

i make them on a knitting loom its ridiculously simple :-)
Oh, I adore your socks!  What loom do you use?

All right, fellow HPCers, I need some encouragement.  Last Christmas my brother gave me one of those kits where you can fuse glass in a kiln in your microwave.  Since then I have opened up the box, taken out all the bits, looked at them a while, and put them back like seven times because glass is TERRIFYING.  This is definitely the craft I need to try for the Fear of a Name Challenge.  So, anyone out there a glass fuser?  Is it really that scary?  How likely is it that I will end up melting my fingers together or burning down my apartment building or singeing the hair off my cat?  Help!  Sad
I've seen those, but never dared to buy one (I can only imagine the trouble I would get into).  I would love to here of your crafty adventure in microwave kilning.  GOOD LUCK!

~*Headmistress casts Homonculous Charm - You are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #293 on: September 18, 2013 02:06:58 PM »

~*Congratulations SenatorOrgana!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Astronomy Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #294 on: September 18, 2013 02:10:16 PM »

~*Congratulations jellybean89!*~
~*You are the first to earn the DADA Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

~*All Fall 2013 Class Badges Revealed*~

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dynamine
« Reply #295 on: September 18, 2013 03:22:25 PM »

So many amazing and lovely things!! I have never done a craftalong before...but I feel like this one is going to be a good place to jump in.

Slytherin seems to be calling.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dynamine/
http://tinydynamine.etsy.com
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #296 on: September 18, 2013 04:45:12 PM »

I love that moveable ATC Smiley

I use a Prym loom, like this
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=1yYj0_43p5GsUM&tbnid=wLjmtU00ZgQMPM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prym-consumer.com%2Fprym%2Fproc%2Fdocs%2F0H0H007uL.html&ei=czg6Us-IIKen0wXk3oCwAQ&psig=AFQjCNFV3Ih-FbJs2dwrNTwZQQRWyn_amw&ust=1379633651588881
it's basically just a bigger knitting dolly, like the ones you make strings on when you're a kid.
I find it easier to use a small crochet hook, rather than the pokey stick it comes with.

Most boring project photo ever coming up (prepare sleep mode now)
Challenge: Lobster Bean
House: ravenclaw
Project: Cushions for Alice
So, my friend asked me.... ohh.... about a month ago to make some cushion covers for her (the cushions she has are apparently so random a size that she can't find pre-made ones to buy anywhere), and she brought me the fabric and... I ignored it. because who the hell wants to make two massive plain white cushion covers? dull dull dull.
but this bean made me make them, since - as anyone who grew up with my mum will know - nothing says 'home' like an excess of throw cushions Smiley My mum is obsessed with them - I used to get told off all the time for arranging them wrong (I'd put a blue one next to a purple with red spots one, when obviously a blue one should only go next to a purple with orange spots one) and even more told off for having Friday Night pillow fights with them against my dad (while mum was out at her step aerobics class) Cheesy
anyway, yes, throw cushions. These are very dull. BUT... look... I put in a zip! I never put in a zip before! 1 up craft skillz

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #297 on: September 18, 2013 04:47:25 PM »

I never heard of a microwave kiln before but Oh My Dumbledore I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
stillatthetop
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2013 05:00:49 PM »

Boring! Zzzzzz.... Just kidding. Glad you learned the zipper thing. Looks like you did a great job. Funny story behind the cushion thing, too.  Wonderful post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2013 05:54:01 PM »

So many amazing and lovely things!! I have never done a craftalong before...but I feel like this one is going to be a good place to jump in.

Slytherin seems to be calling.... Wink
Cool  YAY!  Jump on in!!!  And I know the Den will be thrilled to have a new snake Grin

@noodle-bug: Kiss Thank you for the info! Kiss look so much better than the rectangular one I have (which is a bit awkward to work with)...adding to Xmas wish list. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
15-Minute Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Cronut Holes
Get Your DQ Blizzard Fix Noon or Night With This Home Hack
The Sweet Story Of How Pralines Came To New Orleans
Raspberry-Ricotta Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...