A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 88509 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2013 04:59:46 AM »

midkiffsjoy  All your dipes are SO CUTE! Smiley

ErinAquahearts  Your shirt ROCKS! I hadn't thought of revamping a shirt like that.  GREAT idea! Smiley

Netchez  I heartily approve of your clock!  Cheesy  It looks great!

Magpirate  I love your non-wilting bouquet!  It's so cheery! Smiley

Ant Bee, Did you finish it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2013 06:07:38 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement, HPC!

The decoration and border are done and now it and the backing material are sharing a bath in the washer with big hopes that nothing dramatic happens.

Now to figure out what to wear-the dress I had picked out looks terrible as I was less fat when I bought it! Merlin's Beard!

Happy Friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2013 07:34:35 AM »

Moonflame- Thanks.  When we women are pregnant we've got all these EVERYTHING MUST BE CUTE hormones flowin' so I'm hoping these pass muster.  I once almost paid $80 for a 0 - 3m black leather jacket with fake leopard fur trim.  Netchez drug me out of the store.  To this DAY I claim I wasn't in my right mind.  rofl 

Ant Bee- Ant Bee is NOT fat/fatter/etc.  She is resplendently soft. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Men's Ear Flap Hat for the Mission Homeless Shelter *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*  Men's Ear Flap Hat for the Mission Homeless Shelter *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I have taken to crocheting these any time we're driving somewhere (I'm not the one driving).  It makes lost time productive.  I made this pretty two toned hat, but am really struggling to crochet matching mittens.  The pattern says easy, but the more I look at it the more I'm convinced it's not written right. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2013 07:38:26 AM »

Ant Bee I can't wait to see the finished product!
midkiffsjoy Such adorable fabric patterns!!! And I love the hat!
Magpirate Those are exactly the kind of flowers my black thumb can take care of! And they look awesome!
netchez Awesome clock!!!
ErinAquaheart The shirt turned out absolutely lovely!!!

Advanced Studies Friday! I have gotten a lot more done this week. I was able to get 46 more yellows done and ran out of yarn and haven't made it to the store yet, so I did two more green ones. Which brings my total to 57 blocks of 420.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2013 10:01:09 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Defense Against the Dark Arts *S.P.E.W.*
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Inmate Birthday Cards
Brief Description: I hate papercrafting.  Hate it.  Vehemently.  I love the effect, hate the process so I try my best never to do it.  But I knew I could not allow scrapbook paper and the like to work their dark magic; I must resist the Imperius Curse!  So it took some patience and some practice but I managed to conjure up a set of six birthday cards.

I work with a foundation that addresses second generation crime and successful rehabilitation and have thus read a lot of studies about what can affect an individual's likelihood of committing crime after they're released from prison and was surprised at how much of an impact communication with the outside world during their time at Azkaban can really make a difference.  So these cards will be sent to random inmates at different prisons across the country in hopes of lessening their feelings of dehumanization and promoting their respect and appreciation for the outside world, including strangers.

Since they're not actually going to a charity itself, I'm not sure if it counts as SPEW but I will let our Headmistress decide and I am quite content either way!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2013 10:29:06 AM »

In the spirit of this week's quickly-approaching Advanced Studies Friday, I have a couple of questions about OWL exams.

I know that unfinished OWLs can carry over into the next semester.  Does this mean that the OWL prompts stay the same every semester?  I have projects in mind for both an Alchemy and a Muggle Studies OWL, and I know I can only do one at a time... the Muggle Studies would take WAY longer, so if the prompts were to change next semester, then I'd have to think carefully about which one I wanted to do.

Yes, the OWL prompts stay the same, which is why most of them have a few options in them.  So dive into whichever project is calling to you now.  The others will be there when you get to them.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
butterflyangel
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2013 04:13:09 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
House: GRYFFINDOR!
Project Name: Graduation card
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I made this card for a girl that I know who's girlfriend is in the Marine Corps. Her girlfriend is almost done with boot camp, I think she has about 3 weeks left so I made her this card for her to give her girlfriend on her graduation day. The colors of the Marine Corps is the same as the house colors of Gryffindor so I figured it counts !  
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013 04:16:39 PM by butterflyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89
« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2013 06:59:00 PM »

This craftalong sounds like fun. Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Cinnamon
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Crochet Dish Towel Hanger
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I usually hang a dish towel on my oven door handle, but sometimes it slips off when the door is opened, so I made this dish towel hanger to keep it in place. I based it on this pattern that I found, but I changed it to have a larger opening and different button holes.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2013 11:05:35 PM »

BadWolf314- Everything about your OWL blows my mind! Smiley  LOVE seeing all those lego blocks!!!  So . many.... to . go....

rockmygypsysoul- You may hate papercraft, but you are SO good at it!  Those are some VERY nice cards and very nice sentiment.  Smiley

butterflyangel- OH FREAKING WOW!!!  That's a COOL card!!! Cheesy  Her gf is gonna LOVE it!!! Cheesy

jellybean89- That's really a great idea!!!  I need one of these!!!  (And I didnt even KNOW it 10 minutes ago!!! : ) 

I've got to start sewing these earlier in the day.  *blink*blink*  But it's Friday the 13th and it's lived up to it's reputation.  I'm in shock over the death of my cousin so if I drop of the face of the earth for a week or just post stuff, forgive me.  I'm just in shock is all. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry as a part of my personal spew challenge to sew clothe dipes for 2 babies.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2013 04:57:18 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday! I have gotten a lot more done this week. I was able to get 46 more yellows done and ran out of yarn and haven't made it to the store yet, so I did two more green ones. Which brings my total to 57 blocks of 420.

Go BadWolf! Go!

The colors of the Marine Corps is the same as the house colors of Gryffindor so I figured it counts ! 

The Marines are also known for their bravery and nerve, so I'd say it's a perfect fit. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Linear Editing Basics in Final Cut Pro
Modern Horror: Mockumentary
How to Look Good on a TV Interview
Creating the Ideal Recording Environment
Watch, Pass, or Rent: The American & Going the Distance
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...