A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 94954 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterflyangel
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2013 03:06:47 PM »

Hihi! Wow this craftalong is always so popular!!  Grin So I'm back again and hopefully I'll be better at participating than the past two times!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2013 03:25:01 PM »

Breaking News! J.K. Rowling Will Pen The Film Script To 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Set In The World of Harry Potter

In other mildly-related news, the Harry Potter Alliance has started it's annual fundraising campaign, Equality FTW 2013.  If you are able to, please consider helping them out in their quest to bring social justice and equality to the world in Harry's name.  You can donate any amount, no matter how small, and there are gifts/perks starting at just $7. 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/equality-ftw-2013

And yes, I am in fact squeeing about the SPEW shirt that will be arriving in my mailbox sometime around November.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2013 04:43:36 PM »

Breaking News! J.K. Rowling Will Pen The Film Script To 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Set In The World of Harry Potter

In other mildly-related news, the Harry Potter Alliance has started it's annual fundraising campaign, Equality FTW 2013.  If you are able to, please consider helping them out in their quest to bring social justice and equality to the world in Harry's name.  You can donate any amount, no matter how small, and there are gifts/perks starting at just $7. 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/equality-ftw-2013

And yes, I am in fact squeeing about the SPEW shirt that will be arriving in my mailbox sometime around November.
I can't believe that I hadn't heard of  the HPA before. I will be joining the chapter at my choice university (if I get in). Still hard at work on my OWL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2013 05:22:58 PM »

midskiffjoy---"dragon cores" were the left over middle plastic capsules of kindereggs. One of my favorite things in the world.... Grin

I have been slaving away at my September detention and finally got my project finished.

Class: Detention-September
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Tee Altering
Project Description: This T-Shirt has been sitting in my to do pile forever. It had lost its original appeal and needed a make over. So I cracked out the fabric paints and gave it some much needed extras. I forgot a before picture, forgive me! The ribs of the skeleton now glow-in-the-dark and there is a pink heart that beats gold glitter through the body. (slightly pic heavy)

This is the heart...

A close up of the newly outlined brand name....

And a detail of the entire design closer...

And because I will be having my MRI tomorrow I will be unable to do advanced studies Friday! SOOOOOO.....I'll just tell you where I'm at in all my OWL progress.  I have gotten the middle rectangles done on two of the hammocks and started the third. I hope to finish all four by the end of the weekend so that I can start putting the colored triangled sides and edging on them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2013 06:15:10 PM »

It's Friday here! (2.16 m to be exact) and guess what... I just finished tacking the bias binding on my OWL!! that means as soon as I find a spare hour with my machine handy I can finish Smiley excited!
all the rest is completely hand pieced, but I think a machine stitch will be less obtrusive on the binding
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2013 08:17:00 PM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: It's ALWAYS Tea Time!
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: (While I was walking, I spied an English cottage and thought... Is it tea time yet?  So here is my take on tea time...
This little cottage held a clock and I decided to make the clock point to tea time at all times... so I waved my wand and uttered the appropriate charm and voila! The clock showed 4 and only 4!  After all, it's always 4 o'clock somewhere in the world... so it's always tea time!

Actually I found the picture of the tea cup and opened in GIMP2.  I played with it until I had a round image with a 4 at each hour  I then copied it into Open Office to shrink it to the appropriate size.  I took the clock out of the roof, opened it and took all the parts out.  I cut the picture so it would fit on the face.  Since I was unable to take the hands off, I glued the new image to the clock face, reassembled the clock, putting a new battery in, and put the clock back in the roof.  It works!  The clock is running!  The little cottage is actually a resale shop find.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2013 08:46:49 PM »

I've been stalking this thread like crazy and there are some amazing crafts on here!  I've been pretty busy with work lately, but I finally have something of my own to turn in.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts - Cinnamon
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Paper bouquet!
Brief Description: My girlfriend has a collection of stoneware crocks that we display around our apartment.  I've put fresh flowers in them before and that really brightens up the place, but they don't last very long.  So I decided to make a bouquet that won't wilt.

Project Picture:

(I used tutorials from here for the folding patterns.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2013 09:03:46 PM »

In the spirit of this week's quickly-approaching Advanced Studies Friday, I have a couple of questions about OWL exams.

I know that unfinished OWLs can carry over into the next semester.  Does this mean that the OWL prompts stay the same every semester?  I have projects in mind for both an Alchemy and a Muggle Studies OWL, and I know I can only do one at a time... the Muggle Studies would take WAY longer, so if the prompts were to change next semester, then I'd have to think carefully about which one I wanted to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Fall/Character Ninni
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2013 10:04:19 PM »

:: The Slytherin common room has emptied out, except there by the fire where Ant Bee is desperately working to finish the Coverlet of the Seven Fandoms in time to present at the wedding reception at 6pm today. A house elf quietly putters about straightening up the detritus of the day. As he approaches Ant Bee the elf kindly leaves a wee snack on the table by her chair and a hot cup of tea.::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2013 10:27:41 PM »

ErinAquaheart- What are kindereggs???   *ducks and hides from pure instinct*  IT'S PINK AND IT GLOWS!!!!  Cheesy  Oh.... I *hate* MRIs.  Sad  *HUGS*

Netchez- Gonna be the COOLEST little house in our village.  Tell me, WHY did we put back that little house today?  Smh Override my authorization next time I do something so stupid!!! Smiley  lol

Magpirate- oh Those are CUTE flowers! Smiley 

Ant Bee- Oh Poor Any Bee.  I gift you the sleep of the Magi.  May 2 hours of sleep feel like a full 8 hours and you wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow. (Just remember to get a full nights sleep tomorrow night.) 

*delete everything I said* .. but at least I got these 3 prefolds done.  Makes me feel productive.  Smiley 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry as a part of my personal spew challenge to sew clothe dipes for 2 babies.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Strawberry Mousse in a Jar
How to Make Your Own Lemon Sorbet
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
How to Use Freeze-Dried Fruit for Perfect Fruit Icing
How to Make the Perfect Peach-Blueberry Crumble
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...