A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 97689 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2013 06:13:00 PM »

erin, that sucks to get 2 lots of bad news Sad but I@m glad the SPEW parcels are cheering you up and that mine made i over the pond in record time - errol must have been on some superspeed magic Wink

OMGeeee excited about the Dumbledore's army challenge. And in that light I am going to turn to my fellow HPCers to see if they can help me with my fear-facing Smiley I've been VERY slowly learning to knit for a while, but my skills are still very simplistic - I can't really increase or decrease, I've been stuck at this point for a while and I guess I've hovered on the threshold so long that now I'm scared to try. but a good friend has asked me to make him a hat, and I'd love  to be able to do that. So... do any knitters have any links to a suitable simple hat, man-friendly (maybe in a chunky wool so it doesn't take me a year to make it?) that they could share?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2013 08:15:54 PM »

Class: Frog Choir + SPEW
House: Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw Extra Credit : Muggle Studies
SPEW: Local baby pantry
Project Name: Kermit infant hat
Project Page Link (if available): You Tube – Kris Hopper – Kermit the frog hat
 and www.micahmakes.com
Brief Description: I concentrated on the eyes and the mouth of my frog.  Kermit's eyes are HUGE and his mouth is almost always in a BIG smile!  This hat was inspired by the MUPPET MOVIE.  Micah makes had the pattern for the hat itself; I just made it green for the frog body.  I was working on the eyes and not getting it right, no matter how much I waved my wand.  So I went to You Tube to see if they had anything and found the videos on how to make the eyes and mouth look like Kermit's by Kris Hopper.  Thank you Kris.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkdelia
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2013 08:50:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Whomping Willow fingerless gloves
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I started making these gloves for my swap partner in the NaNoWriMo swap and as I was adding the trees it struck me just how much they were starting to look like the whomping willow (it was my first time embroidering something like that and i think you can kinda tell it looks like a tree lol)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 08:55:21 PM by pinkdelia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2013 09:09:14 PM »

Cool stuff, HPCers!

I am happy to report that I think the border is done on the Cot7F and that leaves the "embroidered" title card block and some finishing touches before the backing gets sewn in. Dobby's Socks!  I hope I get this done in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2013 11:08:03 PM »

Dumbledore's Army?! You bet your pointed hat I'm excited!! I think I may follow in noodle-bug's footsteps and may attempt to knit something. I'm a crocheter by nature and the thought of pointy needles is daunting....  hmmmm. Then again I might try something else lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2013 03:34:13 AM »

Bookie0013  Thank you!  It was SO fun to make! Smiley

ErinAquaheart  I'm so sorry to hear of Baz's passing, as well as the news from the oncologist.  You are very much in my thoughts and prayers. Your hats are awesome!  I especially love the ears on the Baz hat.  >^_^<

Netchez Your Kermit hat is so happy and cute! Smiley 

Pinkdelia  Cool gloves!  I think embroidering on them is such a neat idea! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2013 06:23:10 AM »

OMGeeee excited about the Dumbledore's army challenge. And in that light I am going to turn to my fellow HPCers to see if they can help me with my fear-facing....

That's the spirit noodle-bug!  Good for you for coming to us.  Now I just wish I were a knitter so I could help....  

...I think I may follow in noodle-bug's footsteps and may attempt to knit something. I'm a crocheter by nature and the thought of pointy needles is daunting.... 

Hrrrmmm.....  I actually hadn't thought about knitting at all.  (In fact, I had no idea what I wanted to do for this challenge yet.)  Sweet pinkleo sent me all the supplies to teach myself to knit a while back, including yarn, books, needles, notions, etc.  I sat down and tried twice, both with my knitter friend Grace there.  I managed to learn the knit stitch but was having an awful time with the purl stitch.  I thought Grace would be able to help.  Instead she just laughed at me incessantly.  Apparently the fact that I had never met a craft that I didn't pick up easily, only to be thwarted by knitting, amused her to no end.  I have to admit, I was horribly discouraging.  Maybe it's time to go back to that....  And maybe my new student whose a knitter will take pity on me and help...  Hmmm....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013 06:50:39 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
WhistleFish
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2013 07:43:45 AM »

Breaking News! J.K. Rowling Will Pen The Film Script To 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Set In The World of Harry Potter

Here's the link: http://www.hngn.com/articles/12221/20130912/j-k-rowling-will-pen-film-script-fantastic-beasts-where.htm

Not crafting related, but I had to share immediately! Wooooohooooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2013 08:20:08 AM »

Inselaeffchen- Thank you. Smiley  I had to make more yesterday because the kids devoured it so quickly.  I realized that I had totally forgotten to add the sugar when I made these.  *facepalm*  Cool thing was.... no one noticed.  Lol  Its that good. Smiley 

Ant Bee- OH NO!!!  *crossing my fingers for you*

DragonChilde- *giggle* I never noticed that before. Smiley

noodle-bug-  *giggle*  Me too. Smiley  Learn “German” knitting  It's easier than “continental” No winding the yarn around your needle manually every stitch.  That's the kind Netchez does and she is FAST!!! O.O  *mind boggled*

jennieingram- AWESOME!!!!  AWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!  I know what I'm gonna try!!!  I'm gonna try SMOCKING!!!  (All my life I always thought baby clothes should be smocked.  Then I had babies and I couldn't figure smocking out.) *happy dance*  I LOVE that the HPC motivates me into trying crafts I've WANTED to learn, but have been afraid to learn for years!!!  *YES*   awwwwwwwwwwww.  Maybe I should have Netchez make a knitting tutorial.  She's got a great method!  Dont feel bad though.  No one could teach me crochet.   Had to just figure it out myself.  Smiley  Some things are just like that.  Maybe we should just have a knitting challenge since so many of us would LIKE to learn knitting. 

Moonflame- Oh WOW!  I love your patch and pouch!!!!!  The button on your pouch looks like the moon!!!!  Cheesy 

ErinAquaheart- *HUGS*  *chanting “the spots are nothing the spots are nothing” eyes squeezed tightly shut* I'm so sorry about Baz.  Sad  Your hats are adorable.  What are dragon cores?

Netchez- Smiley  Good Job!!!

Pinkdelia- I like your mitts!!!  It DOES look like the Whomping Willow!  Cheesy  I long for the day that I can crochet something like that and it comes out the size it's supposed to be.  Smiley

WhistleFish- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy  Can't WAIT!!!! Cheesy

My phone crashed last night so I couldn't take pictures (how funny does that sound?)  So I'm posting these this morning. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry as a part of my personal spew challenge to sew clothe dipes for 2 babies.  Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
pinkdelia
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2013 08:52:37 AM »

Excited about Dumbledore's Army!! I have two different things I am trying to decide between hmmmmm  Huh we shall see Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a More Textured Curly Look
How to Use a Curling Iron
How to Make Beach Hair Look Chic
Beauty Test Lab: Is This Tool the Ticket to Healthy Hair?
3 Ways to Wear a Scarf in Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...