A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 99786 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2013 07:32:43 AM »

PinkDelia- That is an AWESOME hat!!!!  She's gonna LOVE it!!! Cheesy 

AnnoyingBigSister- I think your Chancey is pink.  Just a heads up. Cheesy  *giggle*  Glad your having so much fun with fimo.  Cheesy  So happy you've found a craft you love!!! Cheesy

Yay!!!  I didn't melt it the second time!!!! Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Dementor Repellent for ErinAquaheart (NO PEEKING) *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*  Dementor Repellent for ErinAquaheart (NO PEEKING) *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: It's ...uh..... and ... um..... and then I ..... NO PEEKING!!!! Cheesy

Project Picture:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=605036&ppuser=251508#axzz2ePC1Zoxu                                                       
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2013 08:09:03 AM »

Wow everyone's crafts are looking fantastic!! I've been lurking but have nothing to post. That's mostly because I'm in two ginormous swaps and am crafting away in those. Not sure when I will get to post pictures of anything haha! But I am trucking along and expect to be doing a huge homework dump sometime in the next two to three weeks.  Cheesy
Hope everyone's week goes swimmingly and I can't wait to see all of the awesome you crafting crazies make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2013 08:34:06 AM »

pinkdelia - The hat turned out awesome!!! It looks just like Isabella's hat!!!
AnnoyingBigSister - CHANCEY!!! It's perfect!
Nicajeanie - Those snickerdoodle muffins look delicious!!! YUM!
Bookie0013 - That necklace turned out awesome. What a brilliant idea!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mason Jar Pincushion
Brief Description: I went to grab a pincushion to practice my transfiguration when I realized I didnt have one! But I did have a mason jar, so I grabbed it, found a spell, waved my wand and now I actually have a pincushion to practice my spells with. I also transfigured a pin to an adorable little hedgehog name Jawn.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Cinnamon
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hulk SMASH!!!
Brief Description: My favorite shirt has been worn so much it has lots of little holes everywhere. Ive finally retired it but I cant bear to part with it. A little bit of interfacing, stuffing and some work on the sewing machine and VOILA! I have a new favorite pillow fit for the TARDIS room in my house.  I mean who doesnt want to cuddle with the Hulk while watching your favorite movie?
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2013 09:59:29 AM »

Class: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Sew In Love - Rebuilt Charm Bracelet

Brief Description: In thinking about the Ouroboros, and the cyclic nature of the world, I got to thinking about how while we grow and change, we often return to a place we started from previously.  In my world of crafting, I sometimes come back to projects, months or even years later, that I was never quite happy with, and wish to alter for a sense of completion.  I originally created the basis for this bracelet in 2009, when I was first teaching myself to make beaded charm bracelets.  At the time my stash of charms and beads was limited, and I didn't wan to spend any more money on the project.  As a result, it never seemed quite "right" to me.  Part of it was that it needed a more unified theme, and more charms that related to the theme.  Also my beading & wrapping technique has improved vastly, so the bead pins needed to be fixed.  Yesterday, I pulled the original bracelet apart, keeping some of the charms as well as adding some new ones.  I managed to also salvage some of the beads.  I then put the beads onto new head pins, and put the pins and charms onto a new bracelet chain.  I'm vastly more pleased with the results now than I was a few years ago!  The charms include: "Create" Pendant, Heart, Rotary Cutter, Thimble, Ruler, Modern Sewing Machine, Iron, Scissors, Clock, Measuring Tape, Dress, Antique Sewing Machine, Sewing Manual, Needle & Thread, Tracing Wheel, Safety Pin, and "Love" Pendant.  The beads are all glass and include several hearts.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Flowers in the Meadow - Rebuilt Charm Bracelet

Brief Description: As I often have to pass the Whomping Willow on my daily walk around Hogwarts, I decided that something must be done to protect myself from that viscous tree.  What could calm an often violent tree you might ask?  Well, it should be something from the natural world, and it should be something that is calm, in and of itself.  After consulting with Hagrid, I had an idea.  How about a garland of leaves and flowers gathered at sunrise from Prof. Sprouts Tranquility Blossom Meadow?  After weaving the garland, I cast a simple Diminuendo Charm to shrink it down, and a Cushioning Charm to keep it from being crushed.  Now I can wear it on my wrist whenever I take walks!  Wink
This charm bracelet includes rabbits, bees, squirrels, leaves, and a tree, as well as a collection of glass flowers and leaves.  Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
bookie0013
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2013 10:13:04 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Elemental Necklace
Brief Description: For my Arithmancy I managed to conjure up something representing the four elements. Green for earth, blue for water, white for air, red for fire. Hopefully it can help protect me from this atrocious Midwest weather, yeck!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Chaos Wand
Brief Description: This fits the classification of something to help protect me from the whomping willows branches. What you see is a wand crafted from an old knitting needle, wrapped with bits of fabric, wire, and beads.
While daydreaming in Herbology, I was trying to come up with something to help me gain access to the room beneath the whomping willow. I kept coming back to the one word, 'chaos'. That tree would kill me before letting me get in the room below it. But I was determined to finally see it for myself. So I crafted up a wand just as chaotic as that darn tree. Bits and scraps of torn clothing from the four Marauder's themselves that I've cunningly acquired, as well as scraps of clothes from those I hold dear. Add in a few magical stones and beads and wah lah! I'll see what's in that room even if it kills me...!
Project Picture:

edit: It appears everything is sideways! Sorry about that! It appears my regular wand may need some tweaking...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013 10:15:13 AM by bookie0013 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2013 03:09:26 PM »

pinkleo i have ordered my mother bear pattern. I was so inspired by your adorable little bear i want to make 1, 2, 3.... to help out such a special cause. Thanks for the idea ( a great stash buster too, i inherited a lot of yarn from my grandmother who passed away last thanksgiving and I have been trying to use the yarn and fabric from her in special/meaningful ways since she was always crafting for charity).

I love all the new projects too!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2013 04:37:06 PM »

@BadWolf314:  Love your hedgehog pins Cool
@jennie: I'm SEW in love with your new&improved sewing charm bracelet,and your meadow flowers bracelet is just CHARMING...sorry, couldn't help myself...and such a  lovely way to protect yourself. Grin
@bookie0013: adore the colors in your elemental bracelet Smiley

pinkleo i have ordered my mother bear pattern. I was so inspired by your adorable little bear i want to make 1, 2, 3.... to help out such a special cause. Thanks for the idea ( a great stash buster too, i inherited a lot of yarn from my grandmother who passed away last thanksgiving and I have been trying to use the yarn and fabric from her in special/meaningful ways since she was always crafting for charity).  Cheesy
This makes me smile!  Which pattern did you get?  And what a great way to honor your grandmother.  My grandma was an avid charity crafter too...I am, and always have been, inspired by her spirit.  I thought of her often while hooking up my first mother bear; she was quite the lover of teddy bears....she would have absolutely adored Arthur.  I can't wait to see your bear creations! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2013 06:48:12 PM »

class-potions
house-gryffindor
project-special sparkly sketchbook

i just posted this in the one tiny thing challenge. the cover is 4x4, and it's about 2 in thick.

this book containes crafty majic especially for my 10 year old niece. she is learning to draw, and i wanted to encourage her with a unique sketchbook. my favorite part, is the beaded spine. i started with a bead in every row, but with the number of pages i wanted it was getting too loose, so i went back and stitched in more pages so the beads are every2 or 3.

the cover is lavender glitter paper, with her name in stickers, and a bookmark with a shrinky dink charm. the pages are from several colors of scrapbooking paper so she can experiment. i hope it opens all kids of new possibilities for her....my daughters are already asking for their own versions.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2013 07:09:58 PM »

:: Ant Bee noses about the Great Hall admiring the cool stuff everyone is making. She "high fives" Midkiffsjoy for all her S.P.E.W. work and groans when someone asks her about that quilt she said she was doing for advanced studies... a year ago!  Over-hearing someone reading off the date at the top of the latest edition of the Quibbler she leaps up and runs to her bunk to get the Coverlet of the 7 Fandoms out and worked on- the wedding is this Friday!  All that is left is the border, the title block stitching and backing it... but now she works a full time job and the time-turners are allegedly broken!::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2013 07:15:36 PM »

::Ant Bee works her way through the Great Hall admiring all the cool projects. She gives Midkiffsjoy a "high five" for all her S.P.E.W. work and nearly chokes when she hears someone yell out the date on the front page of the Quibbler- the Coverlet of the Seven Fandoms wedding is this Friday!  All that's left to do is the last of the border, the stitching on the title card and backing it, but now she has a full time job and all the time turners are broken!::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 5/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 7/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 8/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 6/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 3/13
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...