A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 95139 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookie0013
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2013 09:50:20 AM »

Wow everyone's projects are so awesome!! I'll be posting a few in just a bit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2013 10:57:30 AM »

So this morning I pulled out the stuff to put together Erin's surprise..... and promptly melted it.  Sad.... So I sat down and finished this spew hat for our town's homeless shelter.  I have been informed that men don't WEAR hats with pompoms.  So no pompoms.  I messed up near the end, but I made it part of the pattern. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Hat for the Homeless *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Hat for the Homeless *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: We have a local homeless shelter that houses 18 men and 18 women.  I have been inspired by the arrogance of a previous classmate of mine to crochet hats (and maybe mittens if I can figure out how to crochet them) for the residence of our homeless shelter. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2013 11:19:36 AM »

The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review

With a flutter of wings and a screech or two,
This Weekly Report is delivered to you!
Support Caring Causes and the bringing of smiles,
Sending love out over thousands of miles!

The Weekly Review, (although it spells Spew)
Is sent to encourage and not sicken you.
So earn your house points and relax for a while,
Sharing the crafts made in your unique style!

Happy September, Dear Readers!

This has been a fabulously busy week for Caring Crafts! Nicely done, HPC Peeps!

Hufflepuff House is strongly represented by Midkiffsjoy who is being investigated for having an unregistered Time-Turner.  Potential scandals aside, she has earned 90 points for house!

The Ravenclaw common room has hosted a Caring Craft meeting attended by Noodle-bug, Netchez and Badwolf who have together earned 80 points for the house of witty treasures. Excellent work!

Headmistress Pinkleo does Gryffindor house proud earning 30 points this week- even while running the school and frequent trips to the Ministry of Magic for various meetings with the unmentionables. We don't know what she's up to on those trips, but we're happy to see it isn't keeping her from her Caring Crafts goals. Admirably handled, Headmistress!

And my own dear Slytherin House is yet to get on the board for the Fall semester. But the season is young and the nights are getting longer. Opportunities abound!

Have a great week everyone, remember to look out for ways to make your common rooms (and beyond) a more caring place!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013 11:26:50 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Moonflame
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2013 11:24:10 AM »

Nicajeanie Your hedgie is SOOOo cute!  And I heartily approve of the Hufflepuff scarf. Cheesy  Your bracelet is so clever!  I love that!

Midkiffsjoy  Thank you!  I really like altering tins. Smiley  Your cheery orange hat looks so cosy!  Excellent SPEW work!  And I continue to be impressed by your prolific washie-making.  Wow! Smiley

I was inspired to make a tiny book today.  

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Charming Little Book charm
Project Description: This wee book was inspired by the hand-bound manuscript of Hogwarts: A History, by Bathilda Bagshot.  The pages are hand-cut from a lunch bag (nice, thin, aged-looking paper!), then punched with an awl and hand-stitched.  The cover is cloth over cardstock, and the endpapers are patterned scrapbook paper.  I used an awl to make a hole for a rivet (which I then banged in with my scissors, being unable to locate my teeny hammer Tongue )  Last night I ordered some naked charm bracelets, and this will probably end up on one of them.  Smiley
Project Pic: (I tried a collage - let's see if it works. . .)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2013 12:45:17 PM »

~*HuROAR for SPEW Sunday & our wondrous SPEW President Ant Bee! Cool

~*Summer HPCers, Come on do to your End to Term Feast!  We have recognized special HPCers with the Hermoine Award, Announced Slug Club Members, and Awarded the House Cup.  And don't miss out on Deputy Headmistress jennieingram's announcements of Summer's MCWs aka Most Crafty Witches and Diagon Alley Prize Picks.  (Note: BINGO prizes have yet to be annouced.  BINGO players, look for an owl soon announcing winners. Cool)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookie0013
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2013 12:47:07 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Nest-lace
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This project was to be something you might find while out practicing your flying! Well obviously, this is a nest-lace; a birds nest turned necklace! I finger-knitted a hemp necklace and then weaved in some fabric scraps (like a bird would weave grasses and bits into it's nest).
Project Picture:
Feel free to also include your house and any storycrafting you've created for your project.
I'm not very good at flying yet and as it turns out I ran smack dab into a TREE! When I finally managed to land, everyone else in class was hysterical with laughter there was a bird's nest in my hair! I couldn't really fix it for the birds, so I fashioned it into a lovely necklace Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons
Project Name: Quilted purse
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This project was supposed to be a completion of a WIP and I had started this purse a week or two ago and never got back to finishing it (other school work got in the way!). This is the first thing I've ever quilted in my life. Not to mention I haven't really sewn in since 8th grade (roughly 12 years ago). I had to rip out the stitching on the one side I had finished, take the strap off completely, and then redo everything! The closing strap (with buttonhole) isn't perfect, but for my first time I'd say it's pretty good.
Project Picture:

Feel free to also include your house and any storycrafting you've created for your project.
Question: Can we only submit one (for credit) per detention challenge?

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Handmade Journal
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) For CoMC we were to craft something that reflects a personal struggle or helps one cope during difficult times. Something that always helps me cope is writing, so I decided to make a new journal. This isn't my first time making a book but this time I used a different stitch (long stitch opposed to coptic). The hardest part of this was getting my spells worked out right to keep the dang stitching straight on the cover pieces. I'm not really sure what the fabrics are I got them (and a ton more) at a thrift store. I didn't really follow any type of pattern, I just made up the measurements as I went along(with my boyfriends help of course). A tip do not try fabric cutting charms when you're tired! You'll end up with a big shredded mess Smiley I mean't to take more pictures along the way but I got completely caught up in finishing it, I'm sure you all know how that goes!
Project Picture:

P.S. Don't mind my white legs in some of those pictures! Oops Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013 12:48:22 PM by bookie0013 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2013 01:05:48 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean: Cinnamon
Project Name: Pretty little magnets
Brief Description: I made these magnets for the fridge at our new house. Also this was my first attempt at using resin
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2013 01:10:00 PM »

~*Headmistress casts Homonculous Charm - You are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2013 02:22:40 PM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Week one of my "30 Days of Lists" (Project Life Style)
Project Page Link: Week One Finished!
Brief Description: I'm new to the whole "listing" thing but I have found this project to be very therapeutic and inspiring for me. I've been going through a difficult time with work/career worries and it really has centered me more than if I wasn't doing it. I was even inspired to make another list, separate from the project to help me cope through this crappiest of times. I have crafted this to make myself feel better and I'll have some wonderful memories written down to help me remember for when I'm old.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2013 02:31:29 PM »

What a great idea, WhistleFish! I never took to Project Life (more scrapping in "spurts" myself), but I love how it looks when I see other people's. Smiley I might actually go for the list thing myself next year.

Great other projects on here since I logged in last time! I'm currently in the back of beyond, the Sky box in the rental accommodation does not work 100% so not sure if DH and I will be able to watch Football while down here (and Broadband not fast enough to stream games!). Got some wool and my hooks/needles with me, so hope to start some crochet/knitting while down here - fingers crossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Sound-Off: Jaimie Alexander, Stacy Keibler, Nicole Richie
Justin Timberlake Performs in Custom Tom Ford
CMA Awards Best and Worst Dressed
Elevator Makeover - Creating the Perfect Job Interview Look
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a High School Reunion
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...